£6000 re-map

why does he want an m3 , if it eats them , well over priced if u ask me , it was on there the other week for £9000 , he must of bought it , and is trying to make stupid money out of it

Interesting for sure, he also seems to think it has 330BHP at the wheels, surely he means flywheel!

It's not a remap, it's had a BT Conversion - Old owner is a member of this forum (Hamski IIRC?)

Well maybe a slow evo and maybe would beat an M3 as they are limited to 155 and are big heavy cars!! Im unsure all i know is that my car is quick so his must be immense!!

If hes not telling porkies that is

S3IZZO said:
It's not a remap, it's had a BT Conversion - Old owner is a member of this forum (Hamski IIRC?)

Whats a BT conversion? I quite like the wheels on it

nick-barnes07 is your signature photo small enough? :hubbahubba:

Katy_S3 said:
are you telling porkies? what you had done to yours ?

Nah Ed isn't, its spent so much time at the garage it should have 400bhp! he he

Sorry Ed not funny..:sorry:

Back tomorrow! only a cv boot to replace! No not telling porkies! Had ihi turbo, brakes, suspension, arbs, haldex, the list goes on!

edward_harris said:
Back tomorrow! only a cv boot to replace! No not telling porkies! Had ihi turbo, brakes, suspension, arbs, haldex, the list goes on!

Well if you going out for drive tomorrow evening, meet you down the showcase!! :)

edward_harris said:
LOL should be an RS4 after all that work!

Steady don't talk about RS4's at this time of the evening, it will get me hot & bothered!! :hubbahubba:

Katy_S3 said:
it must be pretty damn fast admit it.....

If you think yours is fast then yea you would think the BT's are fast but when you compare them to something like say a noble m12 for instance!

edward_harris said:
If you think yours is fast then yea you would think the BT's are fast but when you compare them to something like say a noble m12 for instance!

Yes i'm aware S3's are not the fastest car in the world but im talking as far as s3 go, with that much brake horse your car must be pretty fast, my car already pulls greatly in every gear so cant imagine what yours does!

The S3 is a great motor and in its class it has many plus points. All you need to remember is :- It is in a class! 330bhp is quick but your then playing then with fire. In my opinion that amount of horses out of the 1.8 unit is asking a lot for a reliable drivable motor. As for paying 15 grand I'd rather buy an rs4 with high miles (after saving a bit)!! Plus you get a car designed for lots of horses!! I have also seen the AMD £30,000 Conversion WHY? would you spend £50,000+ on an S3. Of course these are only my opinions.

:faint: :) :tocktock:

That's Hamski's old S3 alright - he sold it for about 9k IIRC - it had the conversion by the old owner

15K is far too much IMO - I think it'll be there for a while at that price

Well my IHI S3 is a quick car I reckon. The relatively high weight compared to the similarly converted seats and golfs is fairly well offset by the 4wd traction, once the chassis is sorted.
I find mine is a solid 10-15mph faster everywhere than before BT. Now that may not seem a lot, but you can see crazy speeds indeed on even the shortest little straights. 60-100 in 4th about 6.5 seconds is fairly brisk! 0-100in 11.3...?1/4 mile in 13.2 at 109.25mph...? I would not say it will "waste" an M3, but I think its quicker and very similar performace to a v8 RS4. So none too shabby!!
I agree on the 1.8litre issue, and feel a bit nervous if I think about the sort f strain its all under, but it seems to be doing it without complaint...so far!

Best thing compared to an M3 or RS4 is I can crank down the boost to a bar or 1.2, still be able to anhialate just about every car you come accros in a day to day situation, but get a solid 28mpg!

So overall I'm pleased and think its worth considering if you want Evo performance without the hassle of Evo ownership....eg carjackings, traffic light grandprix etc.

Ed fancy popping down to uxbridge way one day take me for a blast ?

Matt

mattyboy199 said:
Ed fancy popping down to uxbridge way one day take me for a blast ?

If all goes well looking to meet up with Ed tomorrow evening, why not nip down to Reading its only a short blast down the M4! I think he said about 8, so see if he picks the car up and maybe see you tomorrow evening!