£15 A Day!! Are you having a laugh??

Symac

Reaction score
I have had my Black edition sportback for exactly 2 weeks now. It has just about covered 500 miles and I have got a few issues with it. The steering wheel is not straight and the engine keeps making a thumping noise at low speeds. So I phoned upto to book it in to be told that there is a £15 a day charge for a courtesy car. I asked the girl if she was having a laugh.

So waiting for a call from the garage director tomorrow, so i can have it out with him over the charge. :aggressive:
Am I being unreasonable to expect an Audi (or any car for that matter) to last longer than 2 weeks before it needs to go in for repair??

Has anyone else had to pay the £15 charge?

usually its to reduce the excess on the courtesy car policy, some dealers have no fee but a policy excess circa £2,000 or pay a small fee e.g £10 and reduce that excess down to £200 !

EDIT
Forgot to say when my Audi has been in at the dealers (Swindon Audi) for Warranty work i've not paid a penny for the courtesy car, they gave me an A5 S-Line last time it was in

Ive had my car for about 3 months and its been into Bexley audi twice. Both times ive had a courtesy car and not paid a penny for having them.

Mine was also in my local dealers for warrenty work and I got a courtesy car for two days for no charge! There was a £1000 excess though and I was told I could pay a 'small' fee and the excess would be reduced. Seem to recall it was about £15 a day also

My first Audi Cabrio spent a total of just over 25 days off the road due to issues over a 7 month period. The dealer put me in a Q5, A3, A4's and an A6, never paid a penny.

when i've had a courtesy car, i didnt have to pay for it either. had to wait a month though before the car could go in because the dealer didnt have enough cars, and the one they gave me was a car for sale that they had listed as "coming soon" :S

i had the 1000 excess as well, but told if i pay 20quid, it would be wavered

My car went in for £60 worth of work and I got a curtsey car for nout. The excess was only £200.

Tell them to F*** right off!

I just got off the phone to the reception manager at my local audi dealership. She was very helpful and understood why I was so annoyed that they were trying to charge me. As mentioned above the reason for the charge is indeed a insurance charge. But she agreed that Audi will pay it as the car is so new and should not be requiring a visit to the garage so early on in its life.
So I am pleased that I dont have to pay, but still a little annoyed at getting messed around. Oh well lets wait and see what they give me for a courtesy car. :thumbsup: