DV again sorry

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
Hey i know you guys have probz been through this loads but whats the best dump valve for my a3 1.8t AGU engine
ive heard good thhings of forge and bailey just wondered if u guys could point in the right direction and any links to good places to get em cheers guys

i have a baileys dv if thats any good to you bam as i want a forge 007

Bailey DV30 sounds much better that the Forge 007p (if your after noise over stealth)

Yes Dv30 is a dump valve so you will get noise... 007p is recurc so only very slight

I would say 90% of people run the recurc over d.valve as d.valves can cause issues...

Last edited:
Yes Dv30 is a dump valve so you will get noise... 007p is recurc so only very slight

I would say 90% of people run the recurc over d.valve as d.valves can cause issues...

No, no , no.

The DV30 is NOT a dump valve just to clear that up.

It's a fully recirculating diverter valve, same as the Forge 007p but for some reason is just louder.

I don't think it would even be possible to run a fully atmospheric dump valve on a 20vT because they do not have the secondary recirc pipe hence dumping the load atmospherically.

The only one you can go for is the Forge Splitter Valve which is a part recirc part atmospheric valve but there are a few stories of them playing up and messing with your engine.

If you want noise and reliabilty go for - Bailey DV30

If you want noise and less reliabilty go for - Forge Splitter

Less noise and reliabilty - Forge 007p

Simples :)

where did you get that information from about a dump valve not being a dump valve if it doesnt recirculate the excess air?

Got my 007p form S3BAM today. Sounds a lot better than the Forge split r that was on before it in my opinion

did your bam ever spit out fault codes due to the Split R valve? id have thought it would get upset about the missing air

Havnt had the car long, the Split R came on it so I'm not sure. seemed to run ok, the noise was a bit chavvy for me thats all. Apparently they come with a blanking plate which replaces the trumpet to make it fully recirc.

007p sounds a lot better, well pleased for £75 brand new in box

Ok thanks all who posted I'm guns go with the dv30 as it's a noise thing lol cheers