Engine light on and turbo not kicking in

I had exactly that happen after a bodged re-map by Morego on my mkV GTI a couple of years ago.

What engine diesel or petrol,could be boost pressure reg or maf etc etc best to get it plugged on vag come

Its a 2005 1.9TDI sorry didnt mention with 50k on clock.

Its come up as turbo over boost and been told it will be ok to drive until it goes in next week to be looked at and solved.The guy said its hard to pin-point(fair enough) that it could be anything from a wire to a new part.

My main worry is it could be a new turbo so could anyone tell me if this could be a possible outcome?
If so how much roughly do audi charge to put a new turbo on?

The car was in limp mode but also no turbo boost as it was over boosting.

Any info would be greatly received.

Are you getting any smoke out of the back? If so it could be the turbo.

First port of call is to check under the bay and make sure that all electrical connections look OK, and there are no knackered / split pipes or hoses giving air leaks.

If the car can't hold boost then the boost control valve may have failed.

Were there any symptoms pre-dash light? (loss of power / hesitations / odd noises). What kind of speed were you at when it happened (or was it from start up)?

No symptons and happened pre start up and no black smoke.

The emmisions light came on yesterday when got in car and noticed turbo was not kicking in so took it to audi and they stated its come up as over turbo boost so car ok to drive and take it back next friday where they will sort it out.

Audi charge £2k to relace the turbo, this is the second one I've heard of in the past week, (2005 car 50k on the clock) the first one failed spectacularly (blue smoke etc) but didn't lunch the engine. Meethinks there maybe a problem with the turbos.

Surely if the turbo is over boosting then its working?

Was told today that the engine light has come on because of the turbo over boost and its knocked the turbo of to save the engine from any damage.

Im hoping its not the turbo and as stated no noises or black smoke thus i dont think its the turbo itself.

Im no mechanic but have looked at engine and hoses etc seem ok.

Overboost is why it drops into limp mode. It could be the valve at the bottom of the turbo, the variable vanes sticking or oil feed pipe blocking reducing oil feed to turbo. The N75 is another option, it costs about £130 to replace, but may not solve the problem. I'd get Audi to do the analysis, if they suspect the turbo, they should offer a percentage of the cost to it's replacement.