Engine fan now kicking in?

Techen

Reaction score
So summers slowly creeping up on us, I think it got a entire 14c in scotland on sat. Anyway, I drove to the shops and back, Took me like 5 minutes. My car didn't reach temp but when I parked up the fan was going nuts, Insanely loud. Why is it kicking already? I wouldn't even consider it warm yet, The only thing I've changed was engine flush, Replacing my oil from 5w30 to 5w40. That's really all I've changed in awhile.

Any ideas? I might get vagcom on it and check temp sensors.

Petrol or diesel?

Could be the diesel particulate filter regen if you have a diesel? That causes the fan to go nuts when the car is turned off

Sorry Petrol 2l tfsi, In my sig

Don't have AC on myself normally.

It does when I take it out on a drive, I had the stat done awhile ago. But I only went to the shops and back, So it didn't have time to get to 90c but the fan was going nuts anyway.

Mine does this as well. I've had the thermostat changed as the temp wasn't getting to 90 but now it does and the fan still runs even on short trips.

Mine doesn't run continuously only intermittently but it never used to run much now it seems to be a regular thing. Anyone know any good auto electricians in west london?