A3 Suspension Components

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but can anybody clarify this for me? Do the A3 8P and the Golf Mk V share the same suspension components? By this I mean the springs. Will there be any any trouble switching the lowering spring from the Golf over to the Audi?

Should be ok eh? I would have thought so as I know that they are basically the same car underneath the skin.

Opinions?

:thumbsup:

search on the part numbers for both cars to see if they are the same.

Just checked on the parts catalogue and they do share similar part numbers.

well if you are talking aftermarket suspension then looking at eibachs site shows the Golf TDi and A3 sportback as having completly different part numbers for the springs and the rear dampers. The fronts seem to be the same part number though.

I must admit I originally only checked the front springs, but I've just had another look and the rear springs are the same part numbers as well.

Cheers boys yet again for your help. The car is with the technician as we speak and the springs are being fitted. He doesn't seem to think there will be any problems. I will get pictures up as soon as I get her back.

:icon_thumright:

Just got my motor back and it looks EXCELLENT now that the Abt springs from my Golf V have been put in. Sits perfect on the 18"s now and handles SO much better. I will get some pics up tomorrow after it has been washed. Cheers boys.