Fixing a brake light?

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how to fix a brake light on an 07 S3? got the warning indicator today, is it just a case of changing the bulb? or would the dealers need to take it in?

Thanks

Thanks for that mate, very helpful:)

Just one last thing.....

Will the DIS display automatically clear the warning message? or do you reset that yourself??

Thanks in advance

The DIS checks the bulbs etc every couple of minutes so as soon as the bulb is changed the warning on the DIS will disappear.

be bl**dy careful taking the rear light assembly out, managed to break one of the lugs on mine when I first changed the brake light bulb!!

It's funny but with all 6th of my A3s, I've only had to change a headlamp bulb. Perhaps that's a bit dangerous!. I'll probably go out and get in the car tomorrow and the DIS will go mad and tell me all the bulbs have gone!!!

Thanks for that,

Im really busy at work the next few weeks, if i cant do it myself do you think the dealer could change it while im waiting? how long does it take?

I think it should only take a few minutes. I find that if give them a ring first and get them to suggest a convenient time they are usually quite happy to oblige and do it while I wait.

Thanks im gonna give them a call tomorrow and see if they can do it FOC

it is so simple it is hardly worth going just 1 screw , done this twice now.