Forge Intercooler

Luca79

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
has anyone tried the Forge intercooler for the 8Y?
Looks interesting because it’s much larger than OEM, but only weighs 1kg more because they replace the crash bar with a modded alloy one.
Other big intercoolers like Wagner EVO3 or Airtec weigh around 17/18kg which isn’t the best thing to add on the front axle.
Thanks

Reactions: Daggerit
It’s the only intercooler I will be going for, next mod on the list. I’ve always had them on previous builds and they perform very well.

Interesting how the 2 runs for before and after on the Forge intercooler are only 3 minutes apart, both runs give similar engine power but the corrected power is very different............odd :) and I wonder why they use two different correction factor methods/algorithims between the two runs? EWG on one and DIN on the other................................. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
If you swap between before and after both runs have an identical curve/shape in the lower rpms, that's quite hard to do on a rolling road.

Last edited:
And bear in mind, the forge starts to lose its black coating after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everybody,
has anyone tried the Forge intercooler for the 8Y?
Looks interesting because it’s much larger than OEM, but only weighs 1kg more because they replace the crash bar with a modded alloy one.
Other big intercoolers like Wagner EVO3 or Airtec weigh around 17/18kg which isn’t the best thing to add on the front axle.
Thanks

*replace the crash bar with a one half the width, alloy or not. Not sure exactly how much of a role the crash bar has to play in safety (clue seems to be the name at least) but I’d personally never chance it!

Reactions: Dan_DJT
The only issues with paint coming away have been when some kind of aggresive cleaning agent or traffic film remover is used.
we have literally thousands of happy customers

The only issues with paint coming away have been when some kind of aggresive cleaning agent or traffic film remover is used.

It’s not what you said when I rang up about it.

You said there was an issue on a few units with the coating, and if I sent it back you would apply the coating again, don’t mean to be funny but half a day stripping the car down x 2 isn’t fun.

Oh and no there was never any aggressive cleaner used near the front end.

I was also told before ordering the turbo elbow that it fitted perfect with no fouling on the chassis or brake servo tip, which again was a lie as I fitted it then took it off straight away because guess what……..it fouled on the chassis and touched the servo tip.

It’s not what you said when I rang up about it.

You said there was an issue on a few units with the coating, and if I sent it back you would apply the coating again, don’t mean to be funny but half a day stripping the car down x 2 isn’t fun.

Oh and no there was never any aggressive cleaner used near the front end.

I was also told before ordering the turbo elbow that it fitted perfect with no fouling on the chassis or brake servo tip, which again was a lie as I fitted it then took it off straight away because guess what……..it fouled on the chassis and touched the servo tip.

I can't comment on the intercooler, but I have the Forge turbo elbow and hard pipe fitted and it doesn't foul on anything. Don't know where the difference in layout comes from, I don't remember there being a lot of play anywhere that could have it end up rubbing?

I can't comment on the intercooler, but I have the Forge turbo elbow and hard pipe fitted and it doesn't foul on anything. Don't know where the difference in layout comes from, I don't remember there being a lot of play anywhere that could have it end up rubbing?

8V.

Reactions: Daggerit
Could you answer my post a few back where I question why are you using different correction factors between the 'before' and 'after' runs ?

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit