Intercooler thread

garethdj

Reaction score
No doubt has been done to death on the 8v forum…

Is anyone running an intercooler on the 8Y, seem to recall someone is running a Wagner Evo1? Which is a confirmed fitment for the 8Y.

Only others I know that are confirmed fitment for the 8Y are the Revo one and the Airtec one.

Airtec just looks to be a rip off from the Wagner Evo3, don’t like the idea of messing or modding the crash bar.

What are Peoples thoughts on the Chinese rip offs, are these just as good?!

This one is a Evo1 rip off and less than half the price…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using Wagner Evo 1. It seems to me the best solution for 8Y. Now they also have available version with air conveyors specifically for 8Y . Installation is complicated and you have to disassemble bar to install it. With the Italian summer heat it is a much needed improvement . I suggest to stay on wagner and not experiment with alternative products . I believe they are the best on the market.

I am using Wagner Evo 1. It seems to me the best solution for 8Y. Now they also have available version with air conveyors specifically for 8Y . Installation is complicated and you have to disassemble bar to install it. With the Italian summer heat it is a much needed improvement . I suggest to stay on wagner and not experiment with alternative products . I believe they are the best on the market.

Good to know, interestingly the Wagner UK website shows on the ‘8v’ part under the 8Y section, which doesn’t appear to have the additional ducting.

Are you running the stock hoses, or upgraded silicone ones? Revo is slightly more expensive but comes with upgraded hoses.

I am using the stock hoses . There does not seem to be a need to use higher performance silicone hoses . My engine elobaration is not that extreme and consists of a Jb4 module that increases turbo boost by only 0.3-0.4 PSI.
Taking into account the bumper grille of the 8Y intercooler Wagner EVO 1 is for me the best solution and makes the most of the open area of the grille . The REVO intercooler core is higher but also narrower than the Wagner . A lot of the surface area of the REVO intercooler does not receive air directly as it is covered by the closed central fascia of the grille.

Reactions: garethdj
I am using the stock hoses . There does not seem to be a need to use higher performance silicone hoses . My engine elobaration is not that extreme and consists of a Jb4 module that increases turbo boost by only 0.3-0.4 PSI.
Taking into account the bumper grille of the 8Y intercooler Wagner EVO 1 is for me the best solution and makes the most of the open area of the grille . The REVO intercooler core is higher but also narrower than the Wagner . A lot of the surface area of the REVO intercooler does not receive air directly as it is covered by the closed central fascia of the grille.

Thanks, good to know re the hoses. I’ve got a tuning box atm and doubtful I’ll go past stage 1 when the time comes!