Prepping for track day in November & January

Amirh87

Reaction score
I’m looking at brake pads & fluid initially. Eventually will go rotors.

Does anyone have recommendations for the 8Y?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite pad on the Evo X were EBC Bluestuff NDX pads. Cold bite for street use was at least as good as the OEM Brembo pads but they were solid on the track, even in really hot Aus temps (35-40C). Not noisy but they did dust up a bit though. Front pads for 8Y are DP52277NDX.

Reactions: Amirh87
My favourite pad on the Evo X were EBC Bluestuff NDX pads. Cold bite for street use was at least as good as the OEM Brembo pads but they were solid on the track, even in really hot Aus temps (35-40C). Not noisy but they did dust up a bit though. Front pads for 8Y are DP52277NDX.

Thanks I’ll look into these.

Any suggestions on brake fluid?

Also have a look at Project MU RC-09 Club Racer pads. Just found out today that EBC don't supply the Bluestuffs yet for the 8Y in Australia so looks like I'll be getting a set of these instead.

Reactions: Amirh87
Also have a look at Project MU RC-09 Club Racer pads. Just found out today that EBC don't supply the Bluestuffs yet for the 8Y in Australia so looks like I'll be getting a set of these instead.

Just ordered the blues! Thanks for the tip

Just ordered the blues! Thanks for the tip

I bought a set of the Bluestuff's today as well. Turns out WG Motorparts have decent shipping rates to Aus. Let me know how they go for you