Spot the problem.

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Hi All

Just spotted this B7 "S4" for sale on eBay but something doesn't ring true with it. See if you can spot whats not quite right

mot history check looks correct, as does mot status currently sorn.
front bumper looks a bit off centre and its probably had a different exhaust system fitted along with single outlet valance.

Probably ok just not 100% as it should be.

mot history check looks correct, as does mot status currently sorn.
front bumper looks a bit off centre and its probably had a different exhaust system fitted along with single outlet valance.

Probably ok just not 100% as it should be.
i'm not convinced, like you say the front bumper doesn't fit right, it has B6 S4 wheels, the side skirts are standard A4 ones not the larger S4 ones, the rear bumper colour doesn't seem to match very well and I can't imagine why anyone would want to convert the exhaust to a twin outlet with a standard A4 valance, wheres the other half of the exhaust gone? The only thing I can think is they were trying to disguise that its an S4 so it doesn't get nicked.

V5 has it down as black and the logbook has been updated very recently but he says he's had it a while.
Date of last V5C (logbook) issued9 August 2022

maybe just an oddity, most things are correct for an S4 but externally a few bits are wrong for some reason.

probably a good buy for a project car if it's just been fitted with some wrong parts.

its bit odd, as someones gone to a lot of work to fit a single modified outlet exhaust and valance etc , maybe something to do with it having LPG kit supplied.

Does seem a bit odd though, registered as black on the V5, single exit rear valence?

Reactions: Greeny233
i'm not convinced, like you say the front bumper doesn't fit right, it has B6 S4 wheels, the side skirts are standard A4 ones not the larger S4 ones, the rear bumper colour doesn't seem to match very well and I can't imagine why anyone would want to convert the exhaust to a twin outlet with a standard A4 valance, wheres the other half of the exhaust gone? The only thing I can think is they were trying to disguise that its an S4 so it doesn't get nicked.
I've checked, its an s4 but in stealth mode.

Super fishy. Registered as Black on the Logbook.

Give that one a miss if it ever surfaces again. There's a story with this one, and it ain't good