Vents putting out hot air

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi all.
So recently my 2 passenger side vents have been putting out warm air, whisky the drivers side is Icey cold. Any idea what the issue could be? Both controls are at the lowest temperature setting.
A/C was regassed a few months ago.
Not ideal with the current heat.

I noticed that mine is doing the same on my way home yesterday. I haven't fiddled with the controls, or checked for fault codes, but have just assumed that its the passenger side temp sensor playing up. CBA to do anything with it until after my holiday (soon) but Ill keep an eye on this in case you find something different in the mean time.

It’s could also be the flaps in the motor/heater matrix.
There’s 3 sensors if I recall, 1 in each side and a foot sensor. If you can get something like vcds or obd tool to see live data that might help you pin point a faulty sensor. If it’s the flaps then a error should be shown.
faulty sensors might not show any errors if it falls within normal parameters. Ie if a sensor is telling ecu its 10 degrees instead of 20 it’s working fine according to ecu.

Fiddling with the temp controls on the passenger side it alters the fan speed but its still warm air coming out, not cold. No fault codes stored in the ECU according to my torque pro app but maybe its doesn't get everything.

Fiddling with the temp controls on the passenger side it alters the fan speed but its still warm air coming out, not cold. No fault codes stored in the ECU according to my torque pro app but maybe its doesn't get everything.
Do you see live data?
If the sensor in the vent is showing -10 it will always blow warm air even if the other side is showing 20

Do you see live data?
If the sensor in the vent is showing -10 it will always blow warm air even if the other side is showing 20

I don't think so. However, if it really thought it was -10 it wouldnt auto adjust the fan speed as the displayed target temp was close to the real temp. Both sides behave the same which makes me think its not sensor related.

You need to use basic settings and listen for the actuator motor activating. If not it’s likely the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to use basic settings and listen for the actuator motor activating. If not it’s likely the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk