Climate control putting out cool air after 1hr of driving

kpm278

Reaction score
Hi

Have noticed my climate control putting out cool air after about an hour of driving, even when set to hi.

Temp is constant 90 (going by dash gauge).

Coolant level is fine before and after journey.

Has happened a couple of times. Warm for first hour of journey then cool. What could it be?

Thanks, Kristian

Forgot to add, there’s a hose behind the engine block disappearing into
the bulkhead, that hose is hot to the touch.

Hey
I have noticed something similar to this also but having had the car for the past 4 years I haven't worried about it. It's as though the climate control gets bored and stops heating. Usually I have the temperature set to about 22c, after a simlar amount of time it goes cool so I tend to just notch it up another degree and it goes back warm...I assume it's just the heater being on for too long and needing to have a rest and cool down!
Rich

I would have thought this was the climate doing what it is supposed to do...

Mine does this too. I suspect after pumping warm air into the cabin, the temperature gauge says it's getting too warm, so pumps cool air in.

However, it sometimes doesn't stop. Can have mine set to 19.5 for an hour, then all of a sudden it pumps cold air in. You have to turn it up to say 20.5, and then after some time as the cold air starts again, up to 21 or 22.

I guess you get used to sitting in warm air, so when cool air is pumped in to keep it at the original 19.5, it feels cold.

Climate will blend hot and cold air into the cabin automatically and do as you say...

This is a new thing. Once the engine is upto temperature I can turn the heater to 28 and its obviously too warm. After an hour of driving, when I notice cool air coming through, I turn it to 28 and it stays cool. That's not normal, or consistent.

I have VCDS and ran a scan but no faults. Suspect I need to measure values but a little clueless on where to begin :/

I also didn’t notice the second pipe going into the bulkhead (it was dark) so I’ll give that a squeeze when upto temperature and see if it’s hot

Found some values. With climate control at 22 both vent sensors recorded 20. There was another value for interior temperate that showed over 29 degrees when it clearly wasn’t, looks a bit suspect

Last edited: