Anyone else just 'not bonding' with their new RS3?

It’s just not a special car any more, and I had 2 8P S3’s around 12 years ago that felt more special as back then they were top of the A3 tree……..
Audi seem to have designed the S3 into a bit of a ‘nothing’ car, when it should be at least on par with its VW equivalent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The S3 was a special car in 1999 when it was first released as there was little else out there (VR6 Golf felt so front end heavy ) unfortunately with time the Golf R always seems to have had the edge over it, I drove both in 2017 and bought a Golf R, it just did everything better and also looked better, the S3 was pretty Indistinguishable from any A3 S-Line

Reactions: 8YARWY
There's a vanilla spec S3 hatchback 5 doors up from me its in Navarra Blue it looks so ordinary especially with 18" alloys which really don't look like alloys.....bug bear for me on the 8y S3 is one of the front intakes is fake whilst the other is a actual intake, my TTS has 2 full intakes not a fan of the Rhombus design stitching on the seats either but at least you've got a couple options for the seat coverings Rotor grey is nice or whatever they name it on the 8Y steel grey is it?
The seats look fantastic in my opinion.

I've had a bit more of a play with it and it's ok. Just so ****** quiet. It's taken ages to get the seating position right too as the steering wheel is to far away even when it's pulled right out.

The S3 was a special car in 1999 when it was first released as there was little else out there (VR6 Golf felt so front end heavy ) unfortunately with time the Golf R always seems to have had the edge over it, I drove both in 2017 and bought a Golf R, it just did everything better and also looked better, the S3 was pretty Indistinguishable from any A3 S-Line
I had an S3 a while back - the 225bhp version which I had tuned on the way home from collecting it.

The intake was too restrictive so while it was now 280bhp, it didn't really like being revved past 5500.

Reactions: Mike.46
The seats look fantastic in my opinion.

I've had a bit more of a play with it and it's ok. Just so ****** quiet. It's taken ages to get the seating position right too as the steering wheel is to far away even when it's pulled right out.
The seating position will be the same in the RS3

Surely they're not the same seats in the RS as the S?

Bar the back part, s3 diamond rs3 honeycomb and the S / RS logo nothing else

Oh and the S3 has grey rock stitch as an option

152c132e5651e4ff6176774b3d677f11.png

1a305b3329e10c172b8f8acc4db2aa3b.png

5ccd49e90f73e07d180b7394e721e5f5.png

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06

I haven't heard or read anyone else saying the steering wheel is too far away, but it is!

A3 s line / S3 / RS3 have always pretty much had the same design seats bar some minor tweaks.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Jassyo06

some lovely rock grey contrast stitching there on that none RS ;)

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
that s3 exhaust :tearsofjoy:
I still think the 4 pipes look good although Audi have changed the design of them in someway different than on the 8V still think the saloon was the best looking car of the 3
Gonna say it...l don't like the 8Y sportback not as nice looking as the 8v Fl

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I still think the 4 pipes look good although Audi have changed the design of them in someway different than on the 8V still think the saloon was the best looking car of the 3
Gonna say it...l don't like the 8Y sportback not as nice looking as the 8v Fl

i think you’ve just had your fill of hatches mate. I still like the sportback and IF I did get a facelift may go that way again. That’s a big IF though as Audi would need to make the FL super attractive and offer lots of the kit that’s missing now.

Reactions: kayemill and Jassyo06
i think you’ve just had your fill of hatches mate. I still like the sportback and IF I did get a facelift may go that way again. That’s a big IF though as Audi would need to make the FL super attractive and offer lots of the kit that’s missing now.
I am with you on that, although the M2 will be out by then. Having said that do I want a small coupe or am I just loving the hot hatch vibe right now for all of the reasons I have already said. The thing is we go through car cycles I reckon, 2 years ago I was driving an new 850i, and loved it - wouldn't want it now though. Certain cars suit you at certain times and at the end of the day having to wait 18 months for the sodding thing probably means by the time you get it - the moment has passed. Feel sorry for those that just haven't had their order fulfilled especially when they are shipping to the US.

I am with you on that, although the M2 will be out by then. Having said that do I want a small coupe or am I just loving the hot hatch vibe right now for all of the reasons I have already said. The thing is we go through car cycles I reckon, 2 years ago I was driving an new 850i, and loved it - wouldn't want it now though. Certain cars suit you at certain times and at the end of the day having to wait 18 months for the sodding thing probably means by the time you get it - the moment has passed. Feel sorry for those that just haven't had their order fulfilled especially when they are shipping to the US.
new m2 looks so bad :D but old one are wicked :)

that new M2 is on my radar lol :icon thumright:

Reactions: IanL-RS3
We tried our puppy in the boot when we first got her but the boot could not contain her.

We just got a harness and a fleece blanket for the back seat instead.

Reactions: Mike.46
We tried our puppy in the boot when we first got her but the boot could not contain her.

We just got a harness and a fleece blanket for the back seat instead.
He's fine in there, slightly smaller than the Golf due to the 'Sportback' shape, we drove 120 miles to Brecon last week, we never heard him all the way there, just pops his head up every now and then to have a look around

Reactions: IanL-RS3 and kayemill
lovely looking dog.
That looks a very nice boot liner too.
The ball is a nice touch ha ha :)
Boot liner was from here, my car was used for the template, I also have a piece which velcro's on the top of the seat back and goes over the top of the rear seats to protect them from any slober :)

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and kayemill
What a handsome chap.

We had a boot liner just like that in our M140i.

Have you thought about taking the floor out to give him a bit more height?
I'm pretty sure the battery is directly under the boot floor!

I feel almost bad by not complaining about anything, but I'm loving mine.

Had it almost a week and already have 700km on it and am starting to push it a bit more. Amazing.

A couple of MMI glitches but that's it. The sound (as muted as it may be) is still addictive under throttle.

Reactions: RSt3ve and kayemill

Also has the steel/Rotor grey coloured leather as a option as well

I feel almost bad by not complaining about anything, but I'm loving mine.

Had it almost a week and already have 700km on it and am starting to push it a bit more. Amazing.

A couple of MMI glitches but that's it. The sound (as muted as it may be) is still addictive under throttle.
Have you driven an S3?

Lord have we another troll