A3 8P Sticking front calipers both sides!

MANIXDJ

Reaction score
Hi All,

My Audi A3 black edition 2.0TDi 2009 has started to show signs of the front calipers sticking on. They are getting really hot and the car is just not pulling or free wheeling like it should! I changed the O/Side caliper about 3 years ago, and it's been fine but now it seems to be both sides! So when on a slight hill it would normally roll back down and I went full lock Left, the car stayed put, but when I then moved the wheels tot he right, the car began to roll again. This led me to think perhaps one of the hoses had collapsed internally and the bending was creating a pinch point. So I changed them out today and although I can feel a slight improvement it's still not right.

Seems weird to be both callipers which is why I am not jumping straight to new callipers! Anyone have any ideas why both would do this? Rears seem fine which is why I am also not convinced its a master cylinder issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's gonna ruin my discs and pads and wheels at this rate as well as cost me loads in fuel!

Remove calipers, check movement of the pistons back & forth, try a bleed aswell.

Reactions: MANIXDJ
Turns out this was the offside calliper ceased on! So all fixed now. Beware though the heat generated by this appears to have ****** the bearings (was during the hot weather too) and so this now needs replacing too!