A3 Front Caliper sticking?

Ali A4

Livin' The Dream!
Reaction score
Hi, I arrived at work this morning after my usual 20 minute journey and could smell burning coming from the drivers side front wheel. I'd not been heavy braking on my drive, so it seemed strange that the disc and caliper had become so hot?
I checked the passenger side and that was absolutely fine, not even hot really.
The car is a 2.0 TDi S-tronic, not sure if auto makes any difference but has anyone had a similar issue.
Could it be a one off or should I get the car in to get the brakes checked over?
Thanks, Ali...

I just had a front calliper fitted to my TDI and that was the second. This time round, the braking was shocking as the car had been layed up for several weeks, so the calliper was solid.
You might be able to repair it but, really, do you want the hassle...?
New calliper, both discs and a set of pads was about £300.00 fitted.
Get it checked out, it's not worth ignoring braking issues.

Thanks Jake, Brakes have been feeling fine which is weird. Had a full service a few weeks back and the discs and pads were reported as good.
It's booked in tomorrow with a local garage to take a look.. More expense!

I know that pain...!
The discs may be ok, they are designed to take a bit of heat, so you might get off lucky.
;)

It's a money pit..!
Already done a major service, cambelt/waterpump and s-tronic oil service last month, lol.

Seized busted caliper and goosed disc so new set and pads, £320 all in at a local garage. Pagid parts which I've been told are decent?