Private Plate Advice

jrumball

Reaction score
Going to get a private plate with ET** RON (e-tron) .Not sure what numbest have in the middle .... Is there any desirability to certain numbers ? Annoyingly the only one that made any sense was ET55RON as the new e-tron SUV is a 55 engine ....

They are all the same price except for the 66 which is the year of my car with is 1k.....

Leaning towards 51 as it rolls of the tongue with e-tron......

Thanks

Screenshot 2019 03 07 at 172009

Also any opinion on these 4D Plates .....

In my opinion the most important thing with a private plate, especially if you want to keep it for more than one car, is to make it personal to you rather than the car. I purchased and put my private plate on my car (an Audi 90) in March 1991 and it has been on 12 different cars since then.

Reactions: Reggieboy71, Ron240, AlS3BE and 3 others
I looked at that annoyingly my initials vs what you can get are slim JTR my first name is common too .... thought that as there will be a whole range of cars with e-tron branding that it would be easy to sell on at some point ......

In my opinion the most important thing with a private plate, especially if you want to keep it for more than one car, is to make it personal to you rather than the car. I purchased and put my private plate on my car (an Audi 90) in March 1991 and it has been on 12 different cars since then.
I agree with this....definitely the way to do it.
I bought mine in 1997 and put it on a Mk.2 Mondeo Si and it's been on a further 7 cars including my current one.

Thanks may of found just the one, though I have to buy it at auction..... only got a £130 reserve......

My nephew asked me how much I paid for mine, I said £250. He said that's about what I want to pay, I asked what he was after...he replied with KB17 I said add a few 0's to the price if you can get it :D

I bought 4D plates and then binned them for 3D gel ones. I didn't like how letters cast a shadow from the rear numberplate lights in when dark. I also thought they looked a bit chavvy for my tastes.