Just ordered 1.4 auto s line

Ben Harper

Reaction score
Although my current lease on my Mini Clubman isn't up until July I'm very excited.

Specified s-line, 1.4 stronic, with black leather / alcantara, tech pack, comfort suspension, model / engine deletion (only because I could!), ibis white.

Things that have made my mind up:
  • Interior quality. I do 20k/year so up-most importance
  • Lease price - around £340 month (6+35)
  • Tweakable (odb11 / dtuk box)
I think I made a mistake specifying comfort suspension with the 1.4 but hey ho - the order is in now.

Been lurking for a while so thanks for the photos and info.

Is it possible to get a decent service pack from Audi on a private third party lease? I've seen people say they pay under a tenna but presume this comes as a PCP loss leader?

Also what's the best thing I could do with the paintwork for under £150 on delivery? Being a lease I don't wanna go mad on detailing but theres probably something I could do.

Cheers

Although my current lease on my Mini Clubman isn't up until July I'm very excited.

Specified s-line, 1.4 stronic, with black leather / alcantara, tech pack, comfort suspension, model / engine deletion (only because I could!), ibis white.

Things that have made my mind up:
  • Interior quality. I do 20k/year so up-most importance
  • Lease price - around £340 month (6+35)
  • Tweakable (odb11 / dtuk box)
I think I made a mistake specifying comfort suspension with the 1.4 but hey ho - the order is in now.

Been lurking for a while so thanks for the photos and info.

Is it possible to get a decent service pack from Audi on a private third party lease? I've seen people say they pay under a tenna but presume this comes as a PCP loss leader?

Also what's the best thing I could do with the paintwork for under £150 on delivery? Being a lease I don't wanna go mad on detailing but theres probably something I could do.

Cheers

If it's not too late try to change the comfort suspension, makes the handling a bit wallowing and geriatric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an e91 320d which was really harsh then the mini.... Naturally averse to losing anymore teeth. :-D

I only read yesterday people saying there was no need to go comfort in the 1.4 petrol. I'll talk to the lease company though...

I had an e91 320d which was really harsh then the mini.... Naturally averse to losing anymore teeth. :-D

I only read yesterday people saying there was no need to go comfort in the 1.4 petrol. I'll talk to the lease company though...
My late wife had a 2015 COD 1.4 Sline (2015) with comfort suspension. Have to say it wallowed about like a *it on a trampoline, however it was popular with elderly parents. Try both and make your own mind up as it's very personal like most opinions on here.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
I have basically the same car, and I have no regrets about the comfort suspension.

Now I'm nearing 40 I don't drive around like a boy racer any more and I have no complaints with the handling. The ride is superb.

Reactions: RaZ A4
You don't need to spend £150 on new paint. Just asked the dealer to minimise prep and diy. Use Tardis and Iron X for decontamination and a good sealant. Probably 2/3 hours of work and you get to bond with the car !

Reactions: Jcbmally
Was in the same boat having specified comfort suspension, after seeing a pic and video of one fitted with this option it just doesn't look right (to me anyway). The salesman tried to tell me this one had just been pdi'd and transit blocks removed so the suspension would need time to settle down properly....... ok mate whatever you say! Here's a pic maybe the all black car makes it look worse. I'm off to change mine back to sports suspension this afternoon.

Attachments

• a4black edition.png
    a4black edition.png
    324.6 KB · Views: 469
Good point although you can't see it when you're behind the wheel ;-)

Wow.... looks like an allroad.

If comfort suspension is what the sport models get then it is high... I’ll vouch for it’s comfort though....

Reactions: RaZ A4
This is mine with comfort suspension.

IMG 4487

I won't argue about the looks - the lower stance of the standard suspension definitely looks better. But I don't even notice it now. And once you're sitting in it, you can't see it at all...

Reactions: Nickfrog
Cheers. Unfortunately it's too late to change the order. Looks OK in black, will probably look silly in white. Oh well, it's only 36 months!

Thanks for responses.

Anyone know if it's possible to get a decently priced service plan from Audi on 20k\year

Mine is £9.56 a month over three years, possibly the one you're refering to in post #1, however the car is on a pcp..

Cheers. Unfortunately it's too late to change the order. Looks OK in black, will probably look silly in white. Oh well, it's only 36 months!

I wouldn't worry about it - I think people's perception that shorter travel is a good thing is at odds with road driving. It's all about the damping. My Megane RS Cup has huge arch gaps but I couldn't give a toss as it's probably the best handling car I have driven, even on track.

It's probably a big ask but anyone have pictures of a white or light colored s-line on comfort?

I've seem a few a4s that I have initially thought... A6....I recon these might be flying high

Thanks for responses.

Anyone know if it's possible to get a decently priced service plan from Audi on 20k\year

Just negotiate a couple of free services as part of the deal.

It's probably a big ask but anyone have pictures of a white or light colored s-line on comfort?

I've seem a few a4s that I have initially thought... A6....I recon these might be flying high

Might be easier to find something that specific via Audi UK used car search and then edit the options to show just those spec vehicles, personally slightly higher suspension wouldn't bother me at all but then everyone is different, I much prefer 17s or 18s wheels with sensible profile tyres - than 19s or 20s on ultra low rubber bands, horses for courses.

My A4 1.4 S-Line manual has just been delivered with the Dynamic Comfort Suspension. It's dark so I can't really see what it looks like (I'll take photos this weekend) but I did take it for a quick spin around my local country roads and up and down some steep hills. The engine is great and the Dynamic Comfort Suspension is very well judged in my opinion. Rides well, handles well and very much feels under control at all times. It flowed smoothly and quickly down one bumpy country road where my old BMW 325i coupe with a sports suspension would have been knocked off line by the bumps.

When I ordered the car I ordered it with the Dynamic Comfort Suspension. Then I read some more forum comments and switched the order to the Sports suspension. Then I read the Daily Telegraph review and switched it back to the Dynamic Comfort Suspension. I'm now very happy with my choice. Sometimes you can read too many opinions!

My A4 1.4 S-Line manual has just been delivered with the Dynamic Comfort Suspension. It's dark so I can't really see what it looks like (I'll take photos this weekend) but I did take it for a quick spin around my local country roads and up and down some steep hills. The engine is great and the Dynamic Comfort Suspension is very well judged in my opinion. Rides well, handles well and very much feels under control at all times. It flowed smoothly and quickly down one bumpy country road where my old BMW 325i coupe with a sports suspension would have been knocked off line by the bumps.

When I ordered the car I ordered it with the Dynamic Comfort Suspension. Then I read some more forum comments and switched the order to the Sports suspension. Then I read the Daily Telegraph review and switched it back to the Dynamic Comfort Suspension. I'm now very happy with my choice. Sometimes you can read too many opinions!

I hope you are happy with it. I do chuckle quite regularly on this forum about how passionately people defend their personal choice, even when the majority disagree. Comfort wasn't to our taste but maybe it suits Daily Telegraph readers

Very true RGBARGEE. Horses for courses and all that. And I must admit that I got 'sports' out of my system with my BMW E92 and am looking for more comfort in late middle age.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Very true RGBARGEE. Horses for courses and all that. And I must admit that I got 'sports' out of my system with my BMW E92 and am looking for more comfort in late middle age.
Well you definitely aren't as old as me and I'm sticking with RS products.. Never too old for a sporty ride, particularly cars!

Same wcsfm. E91 and mini have given me a great understanding of balance and handling.

100,000 miles of that and turning forty mean I'm going Audi primarily for comfort. It's a lease so I couldn't care about disposal issues. Was worried it might look ridiculous though after reading some comments - s line wheels are 18s so might just chuck some deeper rubber on if so.

My budget couldn't stretch to a 190bhp so will be ordering a dtuk box - this will be repurposed into a tiguan when I'm done.

Well you definitely aren't as old as me and I'm sticking with RS products.. Never too old for a sporty ride, particularly cars!

When my 'boat' comes in, I'd be very tempted by a RS product. I drove a 964 for a year, a Nissan 240SX in the States and some BMWs. But in the meantime I'll enjoy, if that's the word, my really cheap 1.4tfsi lease! It's quite 'Ace of Base' in many ways.

When my 'boat' comes in, I'd be very tempted by a RS product. I drove a 964 for a year, a Nissan 240SX in the States and some BMWs. But in the meantime I'll enjoy, if that's the word, my really cheap 1.4tfsi lease! It's quite 'Ace of Base' in many ways.

Its easy to forget its a 1.4tfsi thats how refined and smooth it is.. feels just as refined as some of the 4 pot 2.0s i have driven

Reactions: Tipp55
I do chuckle quite regularly on this forum about how passionately people defend their personal choice, even when the majority disagree. Comfort wasn't to our taste but maybe it suits Daily Telegraph readers

And What Car, but I think they are still mixing up suspensions and think the S-Line's come with the same suspension as the B8 S-Line did, whereas all B9's come with a suspension specifically tuned for the UK. But we are all passionate about our cars, only natural...

Last edited:
And What Car, but I think they are still mixing up suspensions and think the S-Line's come with the same suspension as the B8 S-Line did, whereas all B9's come with a suspension specifically tuned for the UK. But we are all passionate about our cars, only natural...

Don’t get me started, for some reason I still buy a mix of the motor mags, despite most are biased towards Jaguar Land Rover, which just winds me up.

Case in point the XE which when came out got rave reviews interior is a match for Audi blah blah :blahblah1: wins the group test.

Now the same cars appear in the used buy sections marking them down for poor quality build and plastics on the interiors... nobody has been and ****** swapped it while it was sat on the drive.... rant over and sorry to go off topic.

Reactions: tickedon, cuke2u and RGBARGEE
Don’t get me started, for some reason I still buy a mix of the motor mags, despite most are biased towards Jaguar Land Rover, which just winds me up.

Case in point the XE which when came out got rave reviews interior is a match for Audi blah blah :blahblah1: wins the group test.

Now the same cars appear in the used buy sections marking them down for poor quality build and plastics on the interiors... nobody has been and ****** swapped it while it was sat on the drive.... rant over and sorry to go off topic.
I agree with you! The media have a lot to answer for and it seems con the gullible public on all sorts of political and motoring matters which is where forums like this come into their own. Autocar this week compared B9 RS4 and RS6 with Blinged up MB models. Raving about V8 and RWD , failing to point out that unlike Audi, their blinged to death, rubbish finish, poor driving position and can't actually get the power on the road and are lethal in snow and wet. Come back expert opinion in both cars and politics and let us decide based on facts rather than prejudice or ideological opinion. Vote for RG !!

Reactions: Jsmills and Syed Shah
You've got my vote RG. Big difference between driving a car on a sunny smooth road in Spain on a car launch and driving it on a wet, bumpy road in the Midlands.

And, JSMills, agree on the Jaguar XE. I'll concede that it's a better handler than a FWD A4 but that's about it. I live near the Jaguar R&D centre so can't be too vocal in my opinions in the local pubs!

Reactions: Jsmills and RGBARGEE
Did you post a picture from your handover in Cov Audi? I work in Cov and had a good look around the A4 there, just shutting the door and hearing a busy dealership satisfyingly silenced was enough to persuade me to get one.

Reactions: tickedon
Did you post a picture from your handover in Cov Audi? I work in Cov and had a good look around the A4 there, just shutting the door and hearing a busy dealership satisfyingly silenced was enough to persuade me to get one.

Ben, I leased the car via an online broker and it was delivered last night from a dealer in Aberdeen, of all places, via a trailer in the dark. Been too busy today to check it out in the light but will take photos over the weekend for you.

This is finally arriving Tuesday. Wehay. Back to the paint:

So I know ****** all about properly looking after paintwork but have been given a few pointers. Does this sound about right to look after a new a4 in Ibis?

2 buckets
One washmit
Foam sprayer karcher attachment
Snow foam prewash
Half decent shampoo (any recommended?)
Spray on iron x and tardis
Couple/3 of microfibres
Decent sealant recommended for solid white

Anything I've missed? Starting from scratch really.

Cheers

Good job although for longevity it's a good idea to apply a sealant on bare paint and not use a waxy shampoo and ideally (at least) cleansed with something like Meg Deep Crystal.

Any wax will affect the bonding between paint and sealant. Wax on top is OK though.

Quite, but I have a ceramic coating on the car already, so all I am doing is protecting that as recommended...

Yeah 100 % working to a budget here. Already stretching my car allowance just to get the car.

Thanks for detailing short cuts. There's oodles of stuff to trawl through online, appreciate knowing what works effectively, especially on white.