H7 Reflector LED's or HID's

Joe_800

Reaction score
I know this subject has been touched on before but not for a while. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good pair of either LED or HID bulbs to go in the reflector housing of my A3 that won't blow my wiper motor or blind oncoming traffic (maintain a good beam pattern). I also don't won't to spend silly amounts of money. I know that you can now get H7r HID's designed for reflector housings with a small patch on the bulb to keep the beam pattern as I've installed them in my girlfriends astra. I messaged HIDS4U about their kit for the a3 and they said it won't blow the motor but the 35w kit still costs 70 quid. Got some unbranded LED bulbs for 16 quid off eBay that I have in my fog lights that work great. They were originally for my high beam (as beam pattern doesn't matter) but they don't fit the housing. Put them in my dipped beam and instantly took them out to avoid oncoming traffic crashing into me. Any ideas? Cheers.

I know this subject has been touched on before but not for a while. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good pair of either LED or HID bulbs to go in the reflector housing of my A3 that won't blow my wiper motor or blind oncoming traffic (maintain a good beam pattern). I also don't won't to spend silly amounts of money. I know that you can now get H7r HID's designed for reflector housings with a small patch on the bulb to keep the beam pattern as I've installed them in my girlfriends astra. I messaged HIDS4U about their kit for the a3 and they said it won't blow the motor but the 35w kit still costs 70 quid. Got some unbranded LED bulbs for 16 quid off eBay that I have in my fog lights that work great. They were originally for my high beam (as beam pattern doesn't matter) but they don't fit the housing. Put them in my dipped beam and instantly took them out to avoid oncoming traffic crashing into me. Any ideas? Cheers.
Try the lights man @t8ups and i am sure he can sort you out as he normally does a good price for members

I would be also interested if there is some kind of quality led h7 bulb for a3 2010...
There is so many on ebay ....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

My 2004 8P was perfectly happy with Philips ballasts and xenons. I see the new owner driving around sometimes and they still work after 5 years of use.

I don't think I'm going to be able to help as I don't stock H7'r or H7 HIDs as I don't agree with putting them in a reflector housing, I'm more about performance lighting which is fit a true xenon projector then put the HID kit in there. Sorry I cant help.

My Take on them LED kits are that you would be better off spending on some ice white halogens, a halogen reflector is built for a halogen bulb, period. The LED kits cant produce a beam like a halogen so you would be messing the optics even tho on face value it looks brighter.

Please don't put xenons into reflectors. They blind everyone on the road, even with those H7R bulbs with bits blanked out, due to glare.

Even my headlights which have turned out to be halogen projectors with xenons inside also blind everyone on the road due to excessive flare beyond the cut off. As a result I have to angle them way down which makes them annoying when going down hills etc.

These are someone elses. Xenons inside halogen projectors in the top, xenons in xenon projectors on the bottom. Notice the insane amount of glare from the halogen ones below the cut off line? That's what hits other drivers in the eyes or in their side mirrors. Reflector housings are way way worse.

Both_04.jpg

Hi i recently ordered some LED H7 bulbs can provide a link if needed , 2 weeks in an looking great at night much better vision and feel much safer only 20 odd squids and well worth it imo. profile pic is how one looks just before it turned dark about 4:30 pm ish .