Led's

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
Reaction score
does anyone know if you can use one off these ( led bulb screw in type ) as a reversing light and if so how do I code it into car as I have looked everywhere in the vcd's and can't find anything , car is a 59 plate S3 with led drl's thanks in advance

i have tried getting a hold off t8ups but with no joy lads so thought i would have a bash but can't see anything in vcds to change and i haven't found any threads on here about changing reversing light to led bulb

i have tried getting a hold off t8ups but with no joy lads so thought i would have a bash but can't see anything in vcds to change and i haven't found any threads on here about changing reversing light to led bulb
I want to install reversing LED also, I'm sure I ask T8ups before and he couldn't supply them.

Maybe he can now?

Good stuff! Hopefully he can comment on here and confirm. @t8ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i will show you what his looks like . but if your wishing to buy better to look up site sponser EM-tuning which is the best way to contact him.
He does drl's screw in too as he did for my 57plate S3 and coded for me . i have pics off them if you want to see them too

Attachments

• 20170713_175334.jpg
    20170713_175334.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • 20170713_175347_001.jpg
    20170713_175347_001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Right lads thanks for all the advice on trying to code my led light into my reversing light ( 59 plate ) but I have now had word back from T8ups and it looks like I can't code this bulb straight to car , he has asked me where the wiring is sitting and it looks like I might need a harness ( I am guessing ) ( awaiting word back from him ) so once I get word back I will update cheers again

Reactions: Dannymoto
Well, I've put leds in every light except main beam, no coding needed. The only thing that you might need is resistors if they aren't can-bus error free.
2005 Tdi.

Reactions: Marc Dale
Well, I've put leds in every light except main beam, no coding needed. The only thing that you might need is resistors if they aren't can-bus error free.
2005 Tdi.
Mines is a 59 plate s3 so coding can't been done but in my 57 s3 the coding could be done using vcd's thus taken away the harness and all you did was push the baton fitting into where your drl's go and then you just coded them , they work as side lights too as you would have taken your side lights out

Thought you were talking reversing lights? They won't need coding, just resistors if you get a bulb out warning light on your dash....

would you happen to have any pics off these resistors please or a link to were i could purchase said resistors please

Be careful with resistors. If you decide to go that route make sure they are touching metal so they can stay cool.

PS: My old 8P did not throw errors for LED reversing bulb, I paid it about 15 Euros on eBay.

Sorry for the late reply for all, the last 2 weeks I have been manic and only worked 4 days out of 10 as I was on a stag do then my mate got married a few days after we got back so a lot of time off work but back now until the end of AUG.

Trups

Reactions: Spiezels and Dannymoto
I've pm'd you trups, looking to buy interior and number plate leds and 6000k headlight bulbs for Audi s3 sportback 2009. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've pm'd you trups, looking to buy interior and number plate leds and 6000k headlight bulbs for Audi s3 sportback 2009. Cheers

if he doesnt get bk to you soon call him on the landline in his sponors page as he is a busy guy doing heaps off lights . hope he can sort you out mate

if he doesnt get bk to you soon call him on the landline in his sponors page as he is a busy guy doing heaps off lights . hope he can sort you out mate
Cheers mate. Will do.