Photos of the Beast

S80PMC

Reaction score
Website
www.paulclarkson.co.uk
Finally got around to taking some photos of my new car. I'm very happy with my selection & wish i'd bought an S8 sooner.

She's a 2003 model S8 with 10k miles in Avus Silver with Red Leather. The only extras over & above the impressive standard spec are heated rear seats & GSM phone prep.

Audi%20S81s.jpg

Audi%20S82s.jpg

Audi%20S83s.jpg

Audi%20S84s.jpg

Audi%20S85s.jpg

Audi%20S86s.jpg

Audi%20S87s.jpg

Audi%20S88s.jpg

Beautiful car! way out of my league! But that interior is RED.....very very red! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Looks gorgeous Paul! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The red leather has something to it as well, but I'd have to get used to it I must say...;)

Driving the beast puts a smile on your face eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Looks great, although I have to admit im not sure about the interior.

Have you or would you consider colour coding the bottom of the sill trim/bumper trim, it makes a massive difference on silver cars.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you or would you consider colour coding the bottom of the sill trim/bumper trim

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been thinking about that one, eventhough mine is black. Anyone ever done that? I think it'd look cool, but I'd like to see one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Paul, I noticed your comments on the blank buttons elsewhere; they are for the electric rear sunscreen and the rear headrests, which you don't have apparently. On mine they're not blank, and I also have the side screens on the rear doors. The sunscreens are wonderful IMO, and the headrest button is practical to lower them in case your (former) passengers have adjusted them (my rear seats are heated & powered, with pwr lumbar and pwr headrests). One push on the dash button and they're back in the lower position.

[ QUOTE ]
Sven S8 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Have you or would you consider colour coding the bottom of the sill trim/bumper trim

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been thinking about that one, eventhough mine is black. Anyone ever done that? I think it'd look cool, but I'd like to see one... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a pic of mine, the pic isnt great but hopefully you can see what I meant
[image]http://www.audi-sport.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=341&password=&sort=1&cat=511&page=1[/image]

[ QUOTE ]
Matthewbaldry said:
Looks great, although I have to admit im not sure about the interior.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well having gasped at your mans red seats it seems he has stolen a march on the rest of us. In the last week I have seen no fewer than 3 prototypes/new offerings from manufacturers in magazines with bright red seats!!!!!!!

Fair play to you Paul,

GC

That looks great Matthew! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Any special primers/paint needed, or is it pretty straightforward? And does it suffer much? (chips etc).

47Matt_s_A8.jpg

No problems at all with stone chips, it has been done now for about 7 months and I'm really pleased with it, as far as primer and stuff goes I wouldnt know, I just left that side of it to my bodyshop.

I know they had to include something that allows the paint to flex as the bottom side sills are a bit soft, but he was confident he could do anything up to window rubber flexability and its worked out perfectly.

I got mine from a chap that had put a post on the Audi Owners Club marketplace section (doesnt exist now as far as I know). Anyway I ended up going over to Germany to collect them with a couple of mates and turned it into a bit of a road trip.

I paid approx £1300 (which was 2000 euros at the time) for them, they are genuine Audi 20" whells with tyres, they had been fitted to a car but only in a showroom from what I could make out. The wheels and tyres were perfect, came fitted with Michelin Pilots.

I have seen a couple of sets selling on German Ebay for similar money.

Soon after I got back he offered me a set of RS6 rims as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Matthewbaldry said:

Soon after I got back he offered me a set of RS6 rims as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get those too? If not I might be interested (if it's not too long ago by now) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

As far as I know they should be 5x112 and will therefore fit the S8 no problem at all. I dont know if its an issue but the RS6 wheels come with the tyre pressure monitors and gas inside the tyres rather than air.