What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

This weekend I pressure tested for leaks (found none), put a DV+ on in the hope of containing more boost (yet to run logs), reinstalled the remap and swapped the white side repeaters for smoked side repeaters.
I've got the next 8 days off so I'm hoping to give the car a proper clean inside and out and start work removing the front splitter and changing it from grey to satin black, with the rear diffuser next on the list if the splitter turns out ok.

Reactions: mechanic69
Finally a decent DAB+ module for RNS-E mk2 owners! Fully integrated, simulating AMI. Produced by JuNa in Poland. Will post a full review within a week.

Attachments

• 20180826_165005.jpg
    20180826_165005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
Did an oil refill - the low oil sign came up while driving back from an invite in Weybridge - right in the middle of M40.
Note sure if I did any permanent damage to the engine by driving another 20 miles to home in north London! Had a 5L can of VW spec quantum at home thankfully.

Here's the killer though - car was fully serviced in July and did around 2k miles since then. I know 2.0 TFSI engines are oil hungry, but I seem to have a special one...

Fixed gearbox oil leak and blown exhaust ( flexi pipe pre cat) now it idles so nice and quiet that i have to check the rev needle is the engine running :yahoo:

Did an oil refill - the low oil sign came up while driving back from an invite in Weybridge - right in the middle of M40.
Note sure if I did any permanent damage to the engine by driving another 20 miles to home in north London! Had a 5L can of VW spec quantum at home thankfully.

Here's the killer though - car was fully serviced in July and did around 2k miles since then. I know 2.0 TFSI engines are oil hungry, but I seem to have a special one...

Aslong as it wasn’t the red oil light then hopefully you should be ok.
Have you had the oil pick up pipe changed on yours as I know that is a common fault for getting gunked up.

Aslong as it wasn’t the red oil light then hopefully you should be ok.
Have you had the oil pick up pipe changed on yours as I know that is a common fault for getting gunked up.

It was the yellow sign. Don’t think I’ve ever had the oil pickup pipe changed. Probably an item for the next oil change since I’ll have to change filters anyway. How hard is to do as DIY? Or garage required?

After picking up the 8p this week changed the wheel bearing, turned off the beep to lock/unlock with vcds (who thought this was a good idea?) And gave it a once over on the ramp. Overall happy with my purchase :icon thumright:

Thanks wonder why they aren’t for sale here

No retailers yet?
Well worth the price imo, if you listen a lot to radio and appreciate OEM-ish integration!
In Norway FM broadcasting was closed in 2017.

Reactions: mechanic69
Done a small retrofit last Friday with Son installed Auto folding mirrors then over the weekend i then started to fit Soul black rear and front doorcards from a 2006 A3 ,
Not really any mayor problems other than taken the doortrim looms from my old cards and putting into older doorcards as door handles had to be removed so i could put the lights into the handles ( handles easy to remove but what a nightmare to put back in ) .
Coding needing to be done which was a baw ache as i am not well versed in Vcd's and i guess rather scared incase i ****** up , but now done and all looks ok .
These doorcards are in classifieds free to good home

Attachments

• 20180827_162615-1920x1440.jpg
    20180827_162615-1920x1440.jpg
    592.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 20180827_162619-1920x1440.jpg
    20180827_162619-1920x1440.jpg
    628.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 20180827_162623-1920x1440.jpg
    20180827_162623-1920x1440.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: Daveyonthemove, samisnake, D7YAB and 1 other person
Rsz 20180827 153920 01
Rsz 20180827 165137

Rsz 20180827 165203
Having had the alloys refurbished (for the second time) I gave the car a quick wash today and got a couple of photos.
I was planning to remove the front splitter and rear diffuser and attack them with some grit paper, primer and a can of satin black, but I discovered that they are not separate to the bumpers and will have to be done another time when I can get both bumpers off and mask up properly.
As the bumper will need to be removed I will get the RS6 grill and new headlight bulbs fitted at the same time.

Reactions: mechanic69, D7YAB and lea323ci
I think that’s just the switch not the dab unit, but I can’t read German

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i copied and pasted the text from the description. It had the dab module and the a switch module to go back and forth between the dab and ami as they both use the same port

Interior decals and roof hexagons - not sure where this is going... how about some white tyre side-wall decals?

This weekend I have:
Replaced front wipers with much nicer quality (and cheaper) blades from www.wiperblades.co.uk
Replaced the rear wiper with a Q5 arm and blade. Much sleeker and works great. Old one needed a puller tool to remove!
Driven 1000 miles (exactly) since Thursday morning and chucked a one shot Redex bottle in to half a tank of supermarket fuel and gave it an Italian tune up. Not a drop of oil or coolant used!
New parts have been ordered and hoping to fit them next week (delivery dependant).

Tomorrows job, clean the car inside and out and attack some scratches with 'Scratche X 2.0' before giving the car a layer of 'Triple' to smarten it up again.

Plasti dipped the knee pads. With a clear coat on top. Looked awesome till I accidentally touched one with a fingernail and a bit came off. My OCD kicked in and tore off the whole coat
Plastidip probably not a good idea for knee pads for this reason - this or I’m not good at dipping (also likely true since I’m a bit impatient and probably didn’t wait enough times between coats and gave it enough time to cure).
Back to the drawing board!

Replaced the driver's side mirror because someone crashed it while my car was parking :frown:

Fitted a gauge today, trouble is you can't see it when driving.
Nnn

Also upgrade the reverse light and fitted some extra led inside
Ccc

Reactions: S.
Today’s mot went ok just an o/s/f
Headlamp aim adjustment needed
More pennies saved to spend on it elsewhere now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk