Just bought an A3!

Anyone around SW London with Vagcom? Need to change the way the doors lock. My wife wants all the doors and the boot to open with one press of the fob

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tested the rear wiper after removing the blocked nozzle and it works perfectly. New nozzle has been ordered! Just the headlight washers to investigate now and the wash wipe system will be fully functional.

Reactions: audismart
Found some time over the weekend to fix the rear wiper when the new part arrived. Just the headlamp washer system to fix now and that's the washer system sorted

c01e659f31434179e2d8f5b9c7b023da.jpg
32a9843618ef2ae10d1f3ab61d9de101.jpg
0b91b5a75b55537a938cb11369ab0dec.jpg
e8e3bede6a25bec2eaadff958d5b89d1.jpg
39eeecbf123cea7d27e76abe651c71f5.jpg
7b0a7a30982147d0518fe12682dd6031.jpg

Yep although the old one came off much easier than the new one went on. Cover with a cloth or something when you push the new one in. The little notch on the top really digs in to your fingers!

Reactions: Rideen
Another small mod that is quite frankly an excellent product from OEM mounts. The car has needed a phone holder and this one with the use of magnets is one of the best I've come across.

3bda953b33e0ee84e5ed26b268f02793.jpg
a20bcb34e36db3fc2221e116daad3c3d.jpg
5fe1d967f8f5a106b92bf545f4b82ef3.jpg

Another small mod that is quite frankly an excellent product from OEM mounts. The car has needed a phone holder and this one with the use of magnets is one of the best I've come across.

3bda953b33e0ee84e5ed26b268f02793.jpg
a20bcb34e36db3fc2221e116daad3c3d.jpg
5fe1d967f8f5a106b92bf545f4b82ef3.jpg

Link?

What's with the aircon in these cars....the last few days have tested it. I had the gas done as it was low and today it blows red hot for nearly 10mins before cooling down but does not feel aircon cold if that makes sense.

AC Compressors in my previous 2.0 TDI went bonkers every year. I bought 3 of them total and then I sold the car. Not sure if the compressor is as same as in 2.0T though.

Thanks...any easy way to test if it's the compressor?

A couple of ways to test to be sure.

1. Start the car with AC off and have someone keep a close eye on the compressor then turn the AC on. The compressor should move slightly when compressor clutch engages.

2. Car should have less power when AC is on and compressor is working as intended. RPMs should rise as well. If none of the above happens, compressor is dead.

3. Give compressor 12V current via jumper cables. It should produce a click sound if it is fine.

Best would be to do all 3, or at least check via first and second method to know for sure.
Compressors seem to easily fail due to lack of coolant gas, my mechanic told me that one AC start is needed to blow the compressor if the coolant gas is low or not present.

Thanks for that. I can see the rpm needle move when the ac is engaged and it does blow cold but it's not as cold as it should be and it blew hot air for 10mins yesterday before cooling down. I'll take it back as it's just been filled up and get it leak tested

Just read up on the armrest catch and it's a NEW lid that's required! Looking about they are circa £100. That's crazy considering the armrest is ok. More research required. Still not found any info on the panoramic roof cover catch l.

Haven't read all the way through so you may already have it sorted

But for an armrestst clip mine broke and got one of these to fix it - proper easy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mittelarm...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Reactions: Adeel43
That's the exact one I bought when I did the repair

Took the car back to have a look at the aircon and it's now working better although still nowhere near as cold as my 5 series. System was vacuumed for 45mins then refilled so holefully that will do the trick.

Had another flat battery tonight so called the AA out for the 3rd time in 3 weeks. Another battery test showed the battery was well under max capacity so one new battery later all is well again.

I need new discs and pads. What are people recommending?

I just changed mine to Pagid for discs and brakes and I regret not going OEM. Everything works well but sometimes when braking, the front pads makes a bit of a weird noise which drives me crazy! The original ones I had ran for 71K miles and only made noise at the end because the discs and pads ran too thin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adeel43
When I changed mine on my old 8P I went with Textar (as they're in top quality brands for brake pads in the world as far as I know).

They never let a scream and always stopped like new.

Mine doesn't scream (the usual high pitched noise you get from cheap gear) but more of a grunt when braking and approximately 30% of the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to have a look at OEM prices first and take it from there. To be fair I used paid on my 5 series and they were very good and lasted 35k miles!

Aircon is still playing up - blows hot and cold and has been regassed a few times now. The filling core had a leak so was replaced but still not freezing cold.

Haven't checked that. I'll ask mechanic but any pointers on what he should do to find out?

Aircon still needs looking at just need to find the time. Also noticed crazy condensation inside the car after all the rain. Spare wheel well has water in it so need to trace the leak. Anything obvious...Im going to sit inside the car this afternoon and get the wife to run a hose over it

SO a definite leak from the rear end. After spending an eternity stripping out all the trim I sat inside while I traced the leak and it looks like it's coming from the rear right light. Have put a bead of sealant around the bolt hole so will check again in a few days. There was alot of water inside!

36b6d9e9161913ea84a2e863f4351cab.jpg
6f63e2851e90f9b0cb8b4bdaea0d932a.jpg
cef520708926591c30bbe6ffadc22de5.jpg
0a270e8109adfe609bd7d4d76aec1725.jpg

Hi folks
I too have just bought a 2005 2.0T for my wife and we both liked it so much I'be now bought myself the 3.2 version. Both are Japanese imports and don't have any documentation in English. Is it OK if I chip in here with questions about this and that or would you rather I started a new thread?

Cheers
Myles

Hi folks
I too have just bought a 2005 2.0T for my wife and we both liked it so much I'be now bought myself the 3.2 version. Both are Japanese imports and don't have any documentation in English. Is it OK if I chip in here with questions about this and that or would you rather I started a new thread?

Cheers
Myles

Would probably be better off starting a new thread with all the questions mate, will get more attention. :)

It's been raining quite alot over the last few days and good news in no water in the boot. Need to hosepipe test it to be sure them it needs a proper detail before winter kicks in properly.

Hmmm..this car is throwing up niggles thick and fast. Now have condensation in the other rear light!
6301f8e84e14f74143f65de9a67515cb.jpg

Hmmm..this car is throwing up niggles thick and fast. Now have condensation in the other rear light!
6301f8e84e14f74143f65de9a67515cb.jpg

I have this in my rear left light. Doesn't seem to be causing issues yet but should probably get fixed ha.

Btw I thought your car was facelifted at first - is it or is it modded on diffusers to the bumpers?

Not sure mate. Bought the car how it is now and pretty sure the previous owner did nothing to it!

Finally got the thermostat and any obvious sensors changed and delighted it is getting up to bang on 90c in the right time. Heating is spot on also for the first time this winter.

Just need to sort out

headlight washers
Front sunshade for roof
New white bulbs for front drl and sidelights
Facelift rear lights
A ****** good detail
Possible new HU

And that's the car done!