RS6 to BITDI Caliper & Wavey disc Upgrade.

I will check once we do the job. Might be 7 -8 weeks from now right enough due to other commitments.

Nice! I'm curious, is the rear caliper piston size the same on RS calipers over stock?

Brake shields, hoses replacement bolts etc etc etc £183 inc

IMG 3159

They look great and well painted, need to see what they look like fitted.

Reactions: The Black Panther
My cousin and friends work for TMD Friction make pretty much the best pads in the world and for most of the world too.

Thanks for that info on your cousins job it's all useful stuff. :) I'm pretty much past trying to work out what non OEM upgrade aftermarket pads are available for RS6 c7 it's a bit of a pain in the **** and takes more time than I can offer at the moment hence plonking for off the shelf pads ATE & Pagid etc. This cars never going on the race track anyway so it's not critical but after the power increases it does need the extra stopping power hence the RS caliper retrofit.

My cousin and friends work for TMD Friction make pretty much the best pads in the world and for most of the world too.

Custom caliper carriers tbd if they work effectively. Install date July / August this year.
IMG 3190

Reactions: martinivw and evans1089
So after all my posts on this subject that's all you can muster to post:yahoo:

i was talking about the ones ebay your posted up. not yours.. why are you always so quick to be a muppet

Jamie, can you measure how much further out from the hub , If any the RS 6 calipers come out ? I have the chance of a decent set but am worried they clash with the inside of the alloys which are already just clearing the front face of the current calipers by 10mm or so.. diameter is fine as they are 20's..

Rear brackets need to be grinded of slightly.. then plugplay... fronts are easy swap...

Belong, have you done this mod, do you know if the RS6 calipers stick out further form the hub ? Thinking about alloy clearance..

thx

Hi
Sorry I can't as I'm in the middle of the Baltic Sea for another 4.5 weeks. But i do know with my current new alloys the clearance is very very tight on the standard bitdi calipers.
It was suggested to me that once I fit the RS6 calipers I may need to use spacers to create clearance.
But until then I can't tell you anything as it's all guess work

What discs are you looking at 390 mm wavey ?

thx[/QUOTE]
QUOTE="Bailey C7, post: 3027522, member: 118254"]Jamie, can you measure how much further out from the hub , If any the RS 6 calipers come out ? I have the chance of a decent set but am worried they clash with the inside of the alloys which are already just clearing the front face of the current calipers by 10mm or so.. diameter is fine as they are 20's..[/QUOTE]

Hi
Sorry I can't as I'm in the middle of the Baltic Sea for another 4.5 weeks. But i do know with my current new alloys the clearance is very very tight on the standard bitdi calipers.
It was suggested to me that once I fit the RS6 calipers I may need to use spacers to create clearance.
But until then I can't tell you anything as it's all guess work

What discs are you looking at 390 mm wavey ?

probably not wavey, but third party 2 piece discs, I have the chance of the calipers at aa steal woith carriers all complete.

No you shouldn't need the carriers if the originals are there. I'm not the expert in all this as I'm on the journey myself but it should all be plug & play apart from front brake hoses, dust shields and some minor grinding on the rear calipers.
I think only c7 RS components will be a direct fit. Check what year of car the components are.

so after much deliberation I decieded not to buy those RS6 brakes.. For me there are far to many horror stories all over forums about noisy warped brakes only lasting 1000 miles etc etc.. I might just upgrade to better pads and keep same size discs when they need renewed.. Personally i think the Bitdi brakes are adequate unless your tracking the car.. but thats just me :)

cheers

Ah thats a shame im keeping on track hopefully to be fitted in July/August. Need to buy some wheel spacers to accomdate them.
21561584941 eee455e62f b

Images
Images 3
Images 2

Last edited:
good luck, really hope they do work without issue..couldnt take that risk , specially when they work already and the car drives great :)..

On a serious note, google RS6 brake issues.. quite frightning the volume of people with the exact same issues.. be good to see them on

even after skimming the issues ppl are having seem return time and time again.. :( for me I just couldnt bear the thought of farting about with ******** brakes every cpl thousand miles.. :(

so after much deliberation I decieded not to buy those RS6 brakes.. For me there are far to many horror stories all over forums about noisy warped brakes only lasting 1000 miles etc etc.. I might just upgrade to better pads and keep same size discs when they need renewed.. Personally i think the Bitdi brakes are adequate unless your tracking the car.. but thats just me :)

cheers
Funny you should say that. I drove an RS7 on an Audi RS day, on road. We were doing a decent pace and I needed to slow down rapidly on a slip road. The judder and wobble from the front end was deeply worrying. The car had around 5k miles on it.

Reactions: Bailey C7
one of my mates has an RS7 and ended up with ceramics.. thats was after a huge battle with Audi to replace discs and pads after 1500 miles.

Rear calipers and discs fitted pics coming up. Front calipers due to be fitted next week.

Reactions: cata_adc, SirTT and (deleted member)
Rear Calipers required grinding in various places to allow clearance from discs etc etc.

Both front and rear fitted. Fronts had literally 3 mm clearance from Inside diameter of alloy.
Pics to follow

Reactions: jojo