Knocking noise

armstrong_21490

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I've got a knocking noise coming from the front end of my s3. It happens every time I turn right but only occasionally when I'm turning left nothing too out of the ordinary there. The thing thats throwing me tho is the knocking seems to stop if the clutch is depressed. Anyone any ideas?? Its booked into the garage next week but I was just wanting to diagnose the problem before hand so I know how much its going to cost me.

Thanks in advance

Ross

Engine mount or CV joint depending on how often the noise happens and if it's cyclical

Had something similar and it turned out to be the control arm bushes. Maybe have a look at that.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

subframe knocking, suspension strut, control arm bushings, steering rack or cv joint.
it could be any of those.

try checking if its the subframe or tightening the suspension strut cuz those are the easiest, if it keeps happening check the rest with a mechanic

Dave_beastttt that is the exact way it sounds. Thanks for the other suggestions but does anyone know why pressing the clutch would stop the knocking??

Ross

Well I got the car back from the garage today. Turns out it was a cv joint that was away like a couple of you had said.

Thanks again

Ross

Reactions: dave_beastttt