Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

:playful:

Other than sniffing it, following it to the petrol station, looking at the rev counter and I guess the engine noise .... anything else ?

If the DPF is cleaning/regenerating then you might smell a sort of burnt toffee smell. ;) :D

If the DPF is cleaning/regenerating then you might smell a sort of burnt toffee smell. ;) :D
Never smelt anything myself but perhaps I going too fast to notice and I always drive with the windows closed!

Currently thinking of upgrading from an A1 to A3. One thing I noticed tonight while on the Audi Finance offer pages, is the difference in Centre Deposit Contribution of the various A3 models: A3 £2400, A3 Sportback £900, A3 Saloon £650. Anyone have any idea why the standard A3 model has such a larger contribution versus the other two models?

About to order my facelift
d12e60a909088674de6b053b09bcc7a1.jpg

I got a 8.5percent saving

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: TrevDX and pburv
Currently thinking of upgrading from an A1 to A3. One thing I noticed tonight while on the Audi Finance offer pages, is the difference in Centre Deposit Contribution of the various A3 models: A3 £2400, A3 Sportback £900, A3 Saloon £650. Anyone have any idea why the standard A3 model has such a larger contribution versus the other two models?

Because Audi have more trouble selling the 3-door A3. For example, from the 2016 Audi Annual Report, in 2015 they sold 19,231 3-door models compared with 194,144 Sportbacks and 140,097 Saloons.

Reactions: Max-Robbo
O cool thanks. I wonder who the dealer was

I'm curious as well. I spec'd an A3 (facelift) - 1.4 TFSI S-Line S-Tronic and got 11%. I wouldn't go less than that personally but it depends on your dealer.

One little trick on CarWow - change your location in your account settings and get new quotes, sometimes dealers in a different part of the country will give better discounts, you can then take their quote to your local dealer to match it :)

Reactions: batch
I'm based in central london. Probably doesn't help me a lot

I'm in Watford, but for some reason my postcode in CarWow was Edgeware. When I was shopping for my Golf R - when I changed my postcode I had worse discounts from dealers near Watford than I did elsewhere. I then changed my postcode to my cousin's address (Newcastle) and got even better discounts - when I got the quote from the up north dealer, I took it to my local showroom and they matched it. Worked out quite well.

I suspect the discounts they give might be based on the local area and what the competition are doing locally.

Reactions: rustynail
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has seen the cosmos blue saloon or have a picture of it in the flesh? I'm trying to decide between that and tango red and I can't make up my ****** mind what to choose - I have only seen pictures of the tango red saloon so far.

Reactions: pburv
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has seen the cosmos blue saloon or have a picture of it in the flesh? I'm trying to decide between that and tango red and I can't make up my ****** mind what to choose - I have only seen pictures of the tango red saloon so far.

I reckon Cosmos Blue will be too dark for my taste. My plan is to go for Tango :)

Is this cosmos blue??
14AUDI-image-videoSixteenByNine1050-v2.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06

Hi,there l suppose its to promote/entice you to the 3 door car as it's the least popular variant sold,ie not the most practical,that's all nothing else

Yep they look very similar...
A bit dark but not bad if you ask me...:friends:

That was exclusive footage of a Cosmos Blue heading to the petrol, errr fuel station... I mean the filling station! ;) :haha: :friends:

Go Floret....Gordo...awesome colour....Tango is more of a cherry red....yuk

Hmmm I thought Tango was a bit richer, darker? Floret certainly a safe colour which is always guaranteed to look good. :)

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
That was exclusive footage of a Cosmos Blue heading to the petrol, errr fuel station... I mean the filling station! ;) :haha: :friends:

Hmmm I thought Tango was a bit richer, darker? Floret certainly a safe colour which is always guaranteed to look good. :)
Now Now! Gordo. We will have less of that...lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Gordo77
Aye mate our Gordo77 is indeed a Geezer....but he's no got a clue about Audi paint colours....lol
I think that makes both of us...lol
I can just make out the number ten in this...Can you? :whistle2:
alpha-blue-no-number-ishihara-test-e1461373295464.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Gordo77
I think that makes both of us...lol
I can just make out the number ten in this...Can you? :whistle2:
alpha-blue-no-number-ishihara-test-e1461373295464.jpg

Well you've got Glacier White....which is...nada/blanc....Gordos gone all Cherry red ***....hav a not learnt ye anything

So do you not have to have mag ride now for the wing arms as its not selecting it on the configurator anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do you not have to have mag ride now for the wing arms as its not selecting it on the configurator anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You still need magride so it's either £1,845 or £1,945 (instead of £2,095 or £3,495)

Is this cosmos blue??
14AUDI-image-videoSixteenByNine1050-v2.jpg

Like jassyo06 said, it's scuba/snorkel blue from last year's A3.

I am fairly certain this is cosmos blue, but it's on the sportback and I'm wondering how it looks on the saloon.

Yep they look very similar...
A bit dark but not bad if you ask me...:friends:

That's what I'm trying to figure out, I have a brighter blue currently and I just don't know if cosmos is for me if it's this dark..

Like jassyo06 said, it's scuba/snorkel blue from last year's A3.

I am fairly certain this is cosmos blue, but it's on the sportback and I'm wondering how it looks on the saloon.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, I have a brighter blue currently and I just don't know if cosmos is for me if it's this dark..
Tough one mate....
If your not sure then I guess if you did decide to choose it then you probably will always have that doubt in your mind...:shrug:

Hi,there l suppose its to promote/entice you to the 3 door car as it's the least popular variant sold,ie not the most practical,that's all nothing else
Probably Audi trying to sell more 3-door models. According to the Audi Annual Report, in 2015 they delivered 19,231 3-door models, 194,144 sportbacks and 140,097 saloons

Probably Audi trying to sell more 3-door models. According to the Audi Annual Report, in 2015 they delivered 19,231 3-door models, 194,144 sportbacks and 140,097 saloons

You don't happen to know what the cabrio figure is for last year? There appears to be really good discounts on those right now.