Facelift THE NEW AUDI A3 (2016 FACELIFT) – STILL AHEAD OF THE CURVE

Enough guys. The purpose of a forum is to share knowledge and opinions with other like minded people. There are a lot of tongue in cheek comments on here, if you don't like it, hit the ignore button then it won't bother you any more. If it gets abusive we will deal with it. This thread is watched so we know what's going on. Please try to get along.

Reactions: Peter1201, bhead9318, pburv and 3 others
Enough guys. The purpose of a forum is to share knowledge and opinions with other like minded people. There are a lot of tongue in cheek comments on here, if you don't like it, hit the ignore button then it won't bother you any more. If it gets abusive we will deal with it. This thread is watched so we know what's going on. Please try to get along.
But if you hit the ignore button you will miss the useful posts as well as all the useless one.

I suspect that if you drill down into UK sales, the ratios will be quite different to this with as many, if not more 3 doors sold than saloons. We have a 3 door on order and feel the reduced practicality (not an issue for a couple with no kids and another decent 5-door car) is well compensated by a car that (in our view) is slightly better looking and 'balanced'. But then again, we are bias!

You're not biased, I agree. I think the sportback is the least attractive of them all. We got the hatchback 8v and now (because of a mad notion from my wife) we've got a cabrio on the way. I was gonna buy a golf as a practical second car until I spent a month in Spain driving a Leon. Just bought a one year old Leon estate. Equipment levels are great for the price and (while not as refined as the A3) it's a lovely car and super cheap.

Now we've got a car for IKEA/Trips to the dump and one for the beach...

Reactions: Falmouthboy and Sandra
But if you hit the ignore button you will miss the useful posts as well as all the useless one.
Yes Dave, there are drawbacks to everything. The report button is always available but it's not there for trivial things. As an ex mod you will know this. Enjoy your weekend :)

Had some "The new Audi A3 range has arrived" leaflets drop through the letterbox this morning. In it they claim a brochure will be available later this summer. Certainly the leaflets give nothing away...

Reactions: h5djr, Cloudytoo and Sandra
Agreed, don't see the point in having a swish leaflet drop through the door and then not be able to back it up with a readily available brochure. Pleased this forum exists to talk things through with like-minded people :blackrs4:

Reactions: cuke2u, h5djr and Sandra
Anyone been to a dealership with some on show yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sat in a black HB S-Line yesterday in Edinburgh Audi. Had the virtual Cockpit plus grey Alcantara.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cloudytoo

Saw a handful at my local dealer this morning - by coincidence they had a carbon copy (as below) of the exact spec/colour I have ordered !

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 341
Reactions: Gordo77 and Cloudytoo

I was offered the chance to test drive some friday, the 'so-called' launch day according to my local Audi. Didn't bother as all they had were cars with stronic gearboxes and no 2.0l petrol engines.

My local Audi (Bristol) as of a couple of days ago, couldn't demonstrate anything solid on an A3 SB via vehicle or brochure in the showroom. Does seem Audi marketing are behind the drag curve on, what seems to be from this forum, a popular upgrade to a popular car :blackrs4:

I was offered the chance to test drive some friday, the 'so-called' launch day according to my local Audi. Didn't bother as all they had were cars with stronic gearboxes and no 2.0l petrol engines.
A "launch day" with a good selection of models would be useful, but my normal dealer is having their complete sales showroom building re-built at the moment so I doubt if they will be doing anything. My sales guy has promised to let me know as soon as he can get a 184 TDI and 190TFSI s-tronic from anywhere in his group for me to drive. I think I will also try a drive in an A4 2.0TFSI-190 Avant to see how it compares.

Is it just me or there's a hint of pink in this red?

Really wish you hadn't said that... but I think I know what you mean! :D There is a sort of lighter aspect to Tango. Just seen this on Twitter:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
A "launch day" with a good selection of models would be useful, but my normal dealer is having their complete sales showroom building re-built at the moment so I doubt if they will be doing anything. My sales guy has promised to let me know as soon as he can get a 184 TDI and 190TFSI s-tronic from anywhere in his group for me to drive. I think I will also try a drive in an A4 2.0TFSI-190 Avant to see how it compares.

I doubt they would bother with a launch day?

I mean, its a very mild facelift, not exactly a new car.

90% of Joe public wouldnt look twice to recognise the new styling.

I doubt they would bother with a launch day?

I mean, its a very mild facelift, not exactly a new car.

90% of Joe public wouldnt look twice to recognise the new styling.

Launch date is 23rd July. I think that basically means they shouldn't hit the roads before then, so no customer test drives at the moment...

I had a drive of one over at maidstone audi recently. Very refined, smooth and quite compared to my A3. The engine is very quiet too...

Launch date is 23rd July. I think that basically means they shouldn't hit the roads before then, so no customer test drives at the moment...
Really, so how come I would have been able too, a test drive on friday was exactly what I was offered..

Really, so how come I would have been able too, a test drive on friday was exactly what I was offered..

No idea, maybe you are one of Audi's "special" customers. :)

Here is the info I was sent a few weeks ago from my dealer...

"Hi. Launch is 23rd July, not sure which cars we'll get delivery of by then."

Reactions: cuke2u
Based on the video above, I wonder if we are safe to say that the new interior lighting will be that cool blue/white opposed to the red on the pre FL. Well happy if so, also I like the illuminated door sill trims and it if the interior LED lighting package includes the thin LED band underneath the door trims that would be the icing on the cake :hearteyes::fearscream:

Reactions: Gordo77
No idea, maybe you are one of Audi's "special" customers. :)

Here is the info I was sent a few weeks ago from my dealer...

"Hi. Launch is 23rd July, not sure which cars we'll get delivery of by then."
No it was their launch day to the public as far as what the salesperson told me. The cars came in earlier in the week...

Reactions: lyallr
more trawling of another dealership and I have noticed that the various models I have seen so far have been shod with Dunlop Sport tyres - I doubt anybody is interested but thought I would mention it! All have had reversing sensors as well, so I guess I am in the minority by not speccing those but cant find one with ACC that I have specced.

I pick my A3 cabriolet up on Monday, can't wait maybe summer ️has finally arrived. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my current 13 plate A3 hatchback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CrypticMG and Cloudytoo
I pick my A3 cabriolet up on Monday, can't wait maybe summer ️has finally arrived. It will be interesting to see how it compares to my current 13 plate A3 hatchback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plenty of pictures when you get chance!

I'm off to Wakefield Audi tomorrow to look at my car.. i was going to order a new A3 saloon other week but they have done me a deal on a car that was due to go into their showroom. Just need to be certain about the colour as i haven't been able to see one in the flesh as its the new "nano grey" but am sure it will be fine.
it will be:- A3 1.4 TFSI Saloon S Line
18" upgraded twin spoke alloys ( £900) gulp
rear parking sensors
heated seats
high beam assist
auto dimming rear view mirror
brushed alluminium inlays
smokers pack (think that means you get a ashtray that looks like a cup)
I'll take some pics and post em on here if i can work out how to do its as i'm new to the site and not done any pics before
Anybody else got the new FL yet?
i should get mine a weekend is all is ok tomorrow as i want my plate put straight on and they have offered to sort it for me.

Reactions: Gordo77 and CrypticMG
I'm off to Wakefield Audi tomorrow to look at my car.. i was going to order a new A3 saloon other week but they have done me a deal on a car that was due to go into their showroom. Just need to be certain about the colour as i haven't been able to see one in the flesh as its the new "nano grey" but am sure it will be fine.
rear parking sensors
heated seats
high beam assist
I'll take some pics and post em on here if i can work out how to do its as i'm new to the site and not done any pics before
i should get mine a weekend is all is ok tomorrow as i want my plate put straight on and they have offered to sort it for me.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum.127616/

Reactions: gripross and CrypticMG
rear parking sensors
heated seats
high beam assist

Yes, lots of photos please. :)

Nano, quite an unusual colour I think, but available on the TT. Congrats!

Yes, lots of photos please. :)

Nano, quite an unusual colour I think, but available on the TT. Congrats!

Cheers Gordo for that....the colour looks lighter than on the Audi configurator but i do like it. The Mrs saw a Ford ST in the " STORM" colour a while ago and she liked it so was thinking it might be similar.

Reactions: Gordo77
Cheers Gordo for that....the colour looks lighter than on the Audi configurator but i do like it. The Mrs saw a Ford ST in the " STORM" colour a while ago and she liked it so was thinking it might be similar.
Correction to this post... The colour I was referring to is "STEALTH" by Ford which I think will be similar as its a metallic but indeed look flat. Anyway going to see it today so I'll know for sure then

Is the colour Nano Grey available to order on the A3 as part of the exclusive colour range?

Hmm.

My wife bought a Nano Grey A1 in January.
Last week we traded it in for a VW Scirocco.....the main reason?
We just couldnt live with the colour.

Each to their own, but its quite bland in our opinion. Its also very easily marked. We have never had a car that got stonechips so easily.