No RS3 orders being taken

Hatchback will be Q1 2017 for Europe with the Saloon to follow summer 2017 in the states (saloon may not appear in the uk only the HB)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatchback will be Q1 2017 for Europe with the Saloon to follow summer 2017 in the states (saloon may not appear in the uk only the HB)

Not what I was told. Where did you get info?

is there a possibility that when the RS3 is re-launched (next year) it may be saloon only ?
Audi may think that the TTRS may satisfy those looking for a hatch / coupe ?
in the same way there is no RS4 saloon - Audi believe buyers who want saloon go for the RS5.
One of the few facts we know is that the RS3 saloon is ear-marked for the USA August 2017.
So maybe just maybe it could be saloon RS3 run out for next year and no hatch at all.
I can't see it myself and this could be a really way out there suggestion, but you never know !

Reactions: pburv
RS3 Sportback will be here in spring 2017 definitely

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and pburv
is there a possibility that when the RS3 is re-launched (next year) it may be saloon only ?
Audi may think that the TTRS may satisfy those looking for a hatch / coupe ?
in the same way there is no RS4 saloon - Audi believe buyers who want saloon go for the RS5.
One of the few facts we know is that the RS3 saloon is ear-marked for the USA August 2017.
So maybe just maybe it could be saloon RS3 run out for next year and no hatch at all.
I can't see it myself and this could be a really way out there suggestion, but you never know !
This would definitely interest me if true...:yum:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
This would definitely interest me if true...:yum:
If in the wildest imagination possible if Audi where just to make the RS3 saloon only,of which they won't lol
I wouldn't get one,saloon in my opinion doesn't look sporty enough, S5 it would be for me

If in the wildest imagination possible if Audi where just to make the RS3 saloon only,of which they won't lol
I wouldn't get one,saloon in my opinion doesn't look sporty enough, S5 it would be for me
Watch it mate! There's nothing wrong with the looks on the S3 saloon......:gun2:......lol

Reactions: AudiNutta, Scottyg, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Watch it mate! There's nothing wrong with the looks on the S3 saloon......:gun2:......lol
Exactly nothing wrong at all in S3 guise,but no swollen arches on the Rs3 saloon, as the wheel arches are large enough and wide enough to
accommodate the 255/30/19 tyres just now,also l think the saloon has more of executive aura about it,if ye catch me drift the Notable member has spoken lol

Reactions: Scottyg, Snake Pliskin and pburv
Exactly nothing wrong at all in S3 guise,but no swollen arches on the Rs3 saloon, as the wheel arches are large enough and wide enough to
accommodate the 255/30/19 tyres just now,also l think the saloon has more of executive aura about it,if ye catch me drift the Notable member has spoken lol
Lol...I still think an RS3 saloon will look the bee's knee's...All from a mere mortal of course...:whistle2:

Reactions: Scottyg, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Lol...I still think an RS3 saloon will look the bee's knee's...All from a mere mortal of course...:whistle2:
You bet yer bottom dollar it will mate and a car that will definitely get the bride to the church on time lol

Reactions: Scottyg, Snake Pliskin and pburv
You bet yer bottom dollar it will mate and a car that will definitely get the bride to the church on time lol
Oh yes! It will be white if they do one...lol:racer:

Reactions: Scottyg, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
It was a wild suggestion lol :)

spring 2017 for the hatch then & few months later for the 'wedding car' :)

Reactions: pburv, Scottyg and Jassyo06
It was a wild suggestion lol :)

spring 2017 for the hatch then & few months later for the 'wedding car' :)

That's what I've been told too
'Tearsofjoy'

Reactions: pburv and Scottyg
That's what I've been told too
'Tearsofjoy'

Yeah but it was only a few weeks ago you said FL release was imminent lol :)
'tearsofjoy2017'

Glad your patient and your only going through what I did last year I suppose when I was looking forward to enjoying my car in the summer of 2016 ....... oh yeah !!!

:bluecar::boom::boom::dashsymbol::speakerthree::speakerthree:3,500rpm:speakerthree::speakerthree::sunglasses:

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, D0C and 1 other person
Yeah but it was only a few weeks ago you said FL release was imminent lol :)
'tearsofjoy2017'

Glad your patient and your only going through what I did last year I suppose when I was looking forward to enjoying my car in the summer of 2016 ....... oh yeah !!!

:bluecar::boom::boom::dashsymbol::speakerthree::speakerthree:3,500rpm:speakerthree::speakerthree::sunglasses:

Totally - I'm totally happy to wait for it to be released as it gives me more time to save and less of a loan.

400 BHP 'Tearsofjoy'

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Scottyg
I love a saloon reminds me of touring cars

Reactions: pburv and Snake Pliskin
I just love driving the car. I just cannot see myself getting bored.

Saloon definitely best looking 8v variant.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and pburv
There are still a few unregistered PFL RS3s available. Dealer's aren't advertising them widely. I've had confirmation of 9 - 4 panther, 2 Sepang, 1 Daytona grey and 2 Nardo grey. I expect there are more.

Leaving unanswered questions / doubts about the availability / timing of the new FL RS3 will at least maintain interest, and prices, on unsold new and used PFL cars.

I'm waiting for spec lists on 2 of unregistered PLFs to see if they tick the right boxes. If not, then I'll wait for a nice used one to come up. I'll only wait for the FL car if nothing else comes up before then. Audi dealers don't know yet, or aren't telling, when the FL RS3 will be available but I wouldn't expect it to be until the end of this year, at the earliest.

As for the FL A3 generally, I can't see that it's improved the looks of the car, so can't see the point. I sometimes wish they would just leave the grill alone. It's had more work done than Mickey Rourke

Reactions: Jake 61, patters and AndyB-S3
My issue with the PFLs for sale are the amount dealers are charging. I know there's this great debate about if a FL car is coming, but the odds are that there is. In which case, £50k for one is obscene. In fact, £50k is expensive even if there is no FL on the way. I currently drive a Golf R while I wait for RS3 production to resume. You can get one of those nearly new for half that!!! And it's a pretty decent car.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
My issue with the PFLs for sale are the amount dealers are charging. I know there's this great debate about if a FL car is coming, but the odds are that there is. In which case, £50k for one is obscene. In fact, £50k is expensive even if there is no FL on the way. I currently drive a Golf R while I wait for RS3 production to resume. You can get one of those nearly new for half that!!! And it's a pretty decent car.

50k!!! Wow that's expensive.
Dealers will want to get rid of their stock they have purchased.

If I ever do get a new RS3, I will glue the doors shut, board the windows up, and take the f&*king wheels to bed with me

Reactions: Jassyo06, D0C and AudiNutta
There are still a few unregistered PFL RS3s available. Dealer's aren't advertising them widely. I've had confirmation of 9 - 4 panther, 2 Sepang, 1 Daytona grey and 2 Nardo grey. I expect there are more.

Leaving unanswered questions / doubts about the availability / timing of the new FL RS3 will at least maintain interest, and prices, on unsold new and used PFL cars.

I'm waiting for spec lists on 2 of unregistered PLFs to see if they tick the right boxes. If not, then I'll wait for a nice used one to come up. I'll only wait for the FL car if nothing else comes up before then. Audi dealers don't know yet, or aren't telling, when the FL RS3 will be available but I wouldn't expect it to be until the end of this year, at the earliest.

As for the FL A3 generally, I can't see that it's improved the looks of the car, so can't see the point. I sometimes wish they would just leave the grill alone. It's had more work done than Mickey Rourke

Any unsold existing stock RS3's have either a uber spec...megabucks in a price region of around £52k plus,or have a gash spec and are not optioned with the Dynamic package,hence they are unsold.

l have to admit,my S3 is a stunnig example,l aint going to chop in for a lesser specced RS3,in a colour that I aint really set on, just for the sake of getting a RS3,thats just being desperate

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom_L and Pinky1959
:smirk:

Reactions: FBF01, AndyB-S3, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Yeah timeline would fit for 2017 release as it must have been 6 months ago that the TTRS mules were initially seen.

Saloon not for me either as prefer the extra practicality of the hatch.

Yep that will fit in with the timeline. Great to see a shot of it being tested.
Roll on 2017
'Tearsofjoy'

Yep that will fit in with the timeline. Great to see a shot of it being tested.
Roll on 2017
'Tearsofjoy'

Expect a list price of around £45000,new S3 saloon starts at just over £35000,Sportback will cone

Expect a list price of around £45000,new S3 saloon starts at just over £35000,Sportback will cone

Wonder what base price the FL sportback will be .... £42k / £43k ?

Plus .... is it April 17 the new car tax rules kick in ? if so March delivery will save a few quid !!

Hmmm i had pretty much given up on gettin a new car.. seeing this saloon has got me salivating again.. haha

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Plus .... is it April 17 the new car tax rules kick in ? if so March delivery will save a few quid !!

I'm guessing the hatchback will be starting around 42k but it will be worth it

I'm guessing the hatchback will be starting around 42k but it will be worth it

Hell yeah it will :sunglasses: nothing comes close to these cars IMO for the money !

Hopefully Audi will throw in some extra kit as standard to off set any increase anyway though.

Reactions: Jassyo06

The concensus on the A3/S3 forum is the saloon is a better looking car?they're some truth in that, but as far as RS3 goes the Sportback is a better looking car....more aggressive and sportier looking,£43k for hatchback l think Audi's marketing boys will do the same job RS3 saloon as they do on the S3 saloon charge you more by adding some options in....plus
Sportback for me,new Road tax laws?????

Don't jump too quickly into the lower tax giveaway. All new cars after 2017 unless zero emissions will pay £140 flat rate. So an S3 will be £140 the same as a Ford Fiesta. However, and it's a big however for you boys buying RS3s. If the car is bought for over £40k you will pay an additional supplement of £310 per year. So if the cars 41k you'll be up for £450 on the second year. If the cars 100k you'll pay £450 as well. So you win some you lose some. Stick with the decent performance cars up to 40k and you've won a watch!

Reactions: Radman