Snow driving with DSG Cars

Sayam

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ccs_RJETWEAAND21_jpg_large.jpg

Since that's the view out of my house this morning, I wonder if some of our more experienced members have any tips for driving in the snow with a DSG car that is front wheel drive.

I'll start - I usually put the gearbox into manual mode and use the engine braking effect from the lower gears to go downhill.

Do as you are doing now. The Creep on auto boxes is good for starting off with minimum wheel slip. Overall, just caressing the stop/go pedals on the slippiest roads gets you about.

Treat the steering wheel, brake and throttle as if they were made of eggshells, I was given this advice when taking my test in the army in 1958 and it stood me in good stead through many winters as an artic driver.

Sayam i had a similar view and i enjoyed my drive into work this morning in my S3 8P3. Like rick said a bit a drift :)

Mines is an auto and i use manual mode when travelling down hill with min braking .

Reactions: Sayam
With haldex controller...full throttle:racer:

Hardly classifies as snow, will probably be gone tomorrow.

Wow different worlds, it's been lovely and sunny down here in bristol

Thanks lads

@desertstorm it's gone already but first thing this morning (before that pic was taken) it was over 1 foot deep in some places!

@Ironborn yup, weather was meant to be cold but sunny in the dirty south, up north it's been pretty terrible.

@Mujnu lol it's a nice big house Alhamdulillah but it's a house deffo not a mansion haha

Reactions: Mujnu
It just started snowing now in Birmingham, I guess it's moving down. And yes right mr fresh prince :p

Reactions: Sayam