2016 8V A3/S3 Facelift Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
12% is easy, over 15% is possible depending on the model.

Reactions: pburv
Wtf who was the dealership.....

Get the frickin cancelled asap you're losing out on at least 10% discount,6% is standard well it was a year ago 10 % is the norm now

Would I not lose my deposit?

When is the next Motor Show. Audi usually release new or facelifted models at a show if possible.?
Normal change over on the production line is around June/July but maybe as there are no real main body changes it could be before.

I'd cancel. "A little over £30k" will buy you a very well spec'd S3.

What deposit did you put down? You should get it back. But you could (theoretically of course), cancel, lose your deposit, re-order with proper discounts, and still end up spending less.

Or not...

When is the next Motor Show. Audi usually release new or facelifted models at a show if possible.?
Normal change over on the production line is around June/July but maybe as there are no real main body changes it could be before.
Beijing is the next big one,but highly unlikely Audi will reveal it so far away from the fatherland, frankfurt is in September which from all reports/rumours running around be too late for the reveal

Would I not lose my deposit?

OK
I'd cancel. "A little over £30k" will buy you a very well spec'd S3.

What deposit did you put down? You should get it back. But you could (theoretically of course), cancel, lose your deposit, re-order with proper discounts, and still end up spending less.

Or not...

Laid down £1.6k plus the trade in Value for an old car.

OTR price was pretty much £30k with a reduction of £640 plus £1k deposit contribution

I ordered a Audi A3 Sportback 1.4TFSI COD 150 Sline S Tronic with a few options such as Tech, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Through Load Accoustic Parking etc.

Or this one,it looks awesome truly special the all new A3 in 2018View attachment 82928
Headlights to narrow IMO. Those lights would be more suited to a TT than a A3/S3/RS3 :)
6% is standard well it was a year ago
@jassyo06 - On my first S3 saloon order in July 2014, I was getting just over 11% from Coventry thro' Carwow
Cheapest broker on Audi's at the mo is Drive The Deal, or it was the last time I checked a couple of days ago :D

Beijing is the next big one,but highly unlikely Audi will reveal it so far away from the fatherland, frankfurt is in September which from all reports/rumours running around be too late for the reveal
There is no Frankfurt IAA Exhibition in 2016. It only happens every two years and there was one in 2015. It alternates with Paris but as you say that will be too late anyway. Perhaps just a quiet release in April/May. After all it's only a facelift and not a new model.

Reactions: rcnacura
Maybe this?
View attachment 82905
The A3 sedan did now is indeed a Kopfverdreher is 2016 visually refined. AUTO BILD has here even let the sporty S3 draw - with new lights and aggressive apron.

source: http://www.autobild.de/bilder/kompaktklasse-neuheiten-bis-2020-5575599.html#bild10

or this:
View attachment 82906
source: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/12/2016-audi-a3-sedan-facelift-front-rear-rendering-207106

Well I was looking at all the spy shots and both designs seem to be the direction we'll see.

The top is for S-Line and S3 vehicles. The bottom will be all other variants. The RS3 will have those weird airplane wing things in the front grill. The E-tron will also be getting the update.

Didn't the Q3 and A6 facelifts just have a press release and then deliveries started the following quarter?

I would go on what Audi have done for other models as surely that would be the best indicator as how they will launch it?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    971 KB · Views: 346
  • image.png
    image.png
    982.8 KB · Views: 358
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
Reactions: jetron and Mojave96
Think it's a bigger thing to most anoraks on here than it is to Audi and its product improved A3 it's not a facelift as such

Reactions: Mojave96 and pburv
Think it's a bigger thing to most anoraks on here than it is to Audi and its product improved A3 it's not a facelift as such

Agreed! Tiny tweaks thats all - different shape lights and maybe a few diferent lines on the bumpers - apart from that no real change, hardly seems worth it!

OK

Laid down £1.6k plus the trade in Value for an old car.

OTR price was pretty much £30k with a reduction of £640 plus £1k deposit contribution

I ordered a Audi A3 Sportback 1.4TFSI COD 150 Sline S Tronic with a few options such as Tech, Comfort Pack, Folding Mirrors, Through Load Accoustic Parking etc.

I had near the same car on order last month but a saloon, I had a12% discount on it , I cancelled it and got my deposit back .

Current saloon looks better imho:

audi-a3-limousine-facelift-1200x800-bfff29262bae20a7-jpg.82905

35byw5u.jpg

TX.

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3, Mojave96, Simon L and 2 others
The current will soon look dated though , always the same , the facelift does not look as good because you are used with the current model .

Not sure what the best option is , get a current model cheaper , or pay a bit more for a facelift with better residuals ? Looking at a new S3 , some cracking deals to be had at the moment !

The current will soon look dated though , always the same , the facelift does not look as good because you are used with the current model .

Not sure what the best option is , get a current model cheaper , or pay a bit more for a facelift with better residuals ? Looking at a new S3 , some cracking deals to be had at the moment !

Not always does the facelift make the older model look dated. Look at the new A4, and does it make the previous one look dated? Not in my opinion.

Also the Scirocco FL was hideous compared to the original!

Reactions: Dave-o

The current car won't look dated until the all new 2018 A3/S3 makes a appearance even then the current car won't look that old,rule of thumb German car's don't really date quickly,because each succeeding model isn't that much of a departure from the previous models,yeah some cracking deals to be had and some of the options being cheaper on list price than previously it's a no brainer if you want one

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Ozmosis and 1 other person
Just to stoke the fire a little more, I've been told by my local Audi dealer the Facelift A3 is due in October this year in the UK... :eyes:

O
Just to stoke the fire a little more, I've been told by my local Audi dealer the Facelift A3 is due in October this year in the UK... :eyes:
October? Are you kidding me?
Audi is having a laugh with this. They stop new orders coming in and then they keep their customers in the dark.

May have to look at the competitor dare I say.

I wouldn't be surprised if Europe gets the facelift 8Vs this year. They've been on spy-shot since the fall of '15.
Wouldn't they sell the face-lift 8Vs as the MY 2017.

I'm certain next year we'll see the face-lift 8Vs here in America as the MY 2018, which should come with the new RS3 sedan for us.

Have a word with the person that posted up a photoshop as if I were the facelift then?

TX.

Checking everyday hoping for a scrap of genuine information :tired: Due a new car in September so hoping to have it ordered & on the way by then!:rowboat:

Reactions: Mojave96
I'm currently considering an S3 Saloon and i have to say the white facelift above looks fresher than the current model which is well into it's mid life, as the facelift is clearly in line with Audi's new/future design line (see the new A4) of sharp tooth shaped headlights and that shows. Whether current owners like it or not is another story but that's where Audi is going design-wise so it's highly unlikely that the future buyers will prefer to go back to the older design.
The changes may be subtle but definitely noticeable. Other than the sharp tooth shaped headlights, what I particularly like is the honeycomb side grills and the inversed c shape cut below the grille facing up that together, give the S3 more of an "RS" look which is only good. Of course, because of the FL, serious discounts are being offered to the current model so buyers that are not touched by the new design might be getting some real bargains. People worrying about the latest, freshest look possible might be better off waiting a few months.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I just wish they would release the info already lol

So if they announce the update in April maybe the facelift cars will arrive in the uk August time??

Considering that the facelift appears to be fairly imminent, would this stop you ordering a brand new car that a dealer can source from stock?

Would you be worried about re-sale value etc?

No, and no... The discount you can get on a pre facelift one will far outweigh the difference in value when it comes to resale.

Trouble is though, all these discounts don't seem to be appearing, yet. I've been offered a new car with a couple of options on roughly the same figures as I was offered on a new factory order :(

The discount I got on the PFL has been carried over to the FL as when I went to order they had stopped taking any new orders.
When the new specs are released the dealer said I will have about five days to change my options depending on what has become standard and what new options are now available.

Do you know when you can spec your car and when you can expect delivery yet?

The dealer reckoned that the orders would open up again towards the end of April and at that stage they would have the spec details.
After the order is confirmed, delivery would be sometime in July.

Considering that the facelift appears to be fairly imminent, would this stop you ordering a brand new car that a dealer can source from stock?

Would you be worried about re-sale value etc?

I might be actually. For a number of reasons. First, I quite like the new look and as it follows Audi's future design line it will look much less dated than the MY2016 just before it (let alone MY15, MY14) in a few years time when I'd be trading it in or selling privately. I think MY2017's resale value will negate any current discount on the going model. Second, I can't find such crazy discounts where I'm based (hardly 5-8% off the catalog price). And last, that's more of a hope really, I am crossing fingers the facelift will have adressed some of the common steering issues reported here, although there won't be any confirmation of that until people have actually bought and driven some. So unless I am offered at least 10% off catalog price I don't see myself going anywhere for the next months.

Would you take a PFL with a 7% discount that will be delivered in Mid May Vs a FL that will be delivered in Late June early July?

Would you take a PFL with a 7% discount that will be delivered in Mid May Vs a FL that will be delivered in Late June early July?

Depending on what the final price of the FL will be but if you mean that the PFL is offered at 93% the price of the FL then absolutely NOT. Unless you wanted a brand new car that already looks dated. I mean the more I look on the two photos above against each other the more I feel they look like previous/next generation S3's rather than just facelifts. MY2014-15-16 yes they looked the same but IF this FL photo is anything to go by then the difference is too much and will have a big impact imho.

But have you been given an official delivery date for the FL already? Without being shown how the car will actually look? I am meeting my salesman tomorrow anyway and will ask what he knows on the matter.

Depending on what the final price of the FL will be but if you mean that the PFL is offered at 93% the price of the FL then absolutely NOT. Unless you wanted a brand new car that already looks dated. I mean the more I look on the two photos above against each other the more I feel they look like previous/next generation S3's rather than just facelifts. MY2014-15-16 yes they looked the same but IF this FL photo is anything to go by then the difference is too much and will have a big impact imho.

But have you been given an official delivery date for the FL already? Without being shown how the car will actually look? I am meeting my salesman tomorrow anyway and will ask what he knows on the matter.

I ordered an FL Audi A3 S-Line on the 28th February for delivery in Mid May. I only agreed a 7% discount of the current list price so I didn't get an amazing deal. However, 5 days later I tried to add a couple of options and was told it was locked, which was very disappointing. I have since been told that I have until the end off April to cancel and re-order if I would prefer the FL. The issue is we won't know for a while what a FL will look like, when orders will open or when any will be delivered.

The lack of info at this time is very frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.