N/S Rear Door Issue

AlanJM

Reaction score
Hi , I've got an A4 b8 on a 2008 , past 2 days ive been unable to open the rear n/side door from outside , I'm guessing I could probably open this from the inside however due to the car seat for the little one being on that side the child lock is activated and unable to open from inside , I had this issue on the o/side door a while back but seems to be ok now and has sorted itself , there is no resistance from the handle on the outside and inside when pulling it to open , does anyone have any advice on how to open this as loading and unloading an uncooperative 2 year old from the other side is a challenge now.
Thanks for any tips and advice.

Door lock mechanism needs replacing, cost you about £200 fitted

Cheers for that I had a suspicion that it was the mechanism. I can order it online and fit it myself no probs , my biggest issue at the moment is actually getting the door open to get into the mechanism as its child lock is on and I can't get into it , unsure if it's accesible whilst door is closed

Probably take the other side door card off and see where you need to get fishing with a wire.....

It appears a few punches to the inside and pulling the handle about 20 times it opened and now is working fine

Reactions: skiptowncat