Rear N/S Door wont open?

Charlie23

Reaction score
Hi Guys abit of a strange one.

My N/S rear door doesn't seem to want to open from the out side once the car has been unlocked.

If you open it first from the inside after locking it works every time perfect but its that opening after been unlocked that doesn't seem to want to work?

Any ideas.

Thanks

Apologies for asking a daft question but I am sure you have "open all doors on the click" selected in the MMI.

When you unlock the car with your ear to that door specifically, can you hear the locking mechanism unlocking? It could be the door controller - it may be the central locking on that door is not actuating. It might be that the door is unlocking and the fault is with handle.

On one of my B7s I had the same problem, I lowered both the windows and pulled the inside and the outside handle at the same time. This re-engaged the latch that comes loose. Try it a couple of times as it doesn't usually work first go. However, this might be a temporary fix and the problem might reoccur and if so it could be wiring/connector from/to central locking actuator or central locking actuator itself. Best run a scan

Reactions: Charlie23
Looks like its the lock mechanism that is faulty on my car.

Has anyone changed the lock mechanism? Easy enough job to do?

Thanks Guys

You’re lucky the door opens. My wife’s polo rear door was locked solid. Couldn’t open it from inside or outside. Had to take trim off around door and move rear seat so that I could remove the door card. What a nightmare.. got the door card off only to find that the lock mech would open the door no matter what I did. Finally sorted it with a very large hammer and chisel and lots of swearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm particularly please with myself so thought I'd tell the tale, I had the problem above, rear door wouldn't unlock with the fob, it started as being intermittent but turned chronic.
I took the catch apart and cleaned up the brush track on the motor, put it all back together and its working like a dream! I reckon I saved myself at least £100, well pleased with myself!