yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Ordered 9th March with a build date of 28th May... hoping as others have said, it will be in QC by 28th May. Checking every other day at the moment, build day still states 'expected' nothing yet confirmed. :(

Those waiting at Emden for a boat to Sheerness. The Makassar Highway left this evening and is due to arrive in Sheerness at 4pm. Hopefully some happy 39’ers come 1am myself included!

Still showing “in transit” for the 2nd day. Contacted Audi and was told it could take up to 15 days to reach the UK.

Still showing “in transit” for the 2nd day. Contacted Audi and was told it could take up to 15 days to reach the UK.
My car is still in transit.
I picked it up in March

In reality, the tracking is often a day behind and it takes under a day for shipping from Emden to the UK.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Also, dealer has a much more accurate system and can provide you with a better status. Not sure of theirs is real time, but I was told when my car got exit clearance and the tracker updated a day or two later.

My car is still in transit.
I picked it up in March

In reality, the tracking is often a day behind and it takes under a day for shipping from Emden to the UK.

Yep, mine shows as arrived in UK... picked it up today!

Reactions: Cooper82
How long was your order “in transit”?
Note sure. Was "Left Ingolstadt" for about 10 days from memory but then jumped to "Your Audi has arrived in the UK". That was 13.04.18.

I have been told it could take up to 2 weeks to move from Ingolstadt to Edem. That is one slow train.

Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. Just waiting for BMW to contact me about inspection/collection of my car so I can arrange collection of the new one.
The salesman was to notify me once the car arrived in Belfast so I could start the ball rolling on getting the BMW returned. Unfortunately that didn't happen so it's a bit of a nuisance knowing the car is here but can't arrange to collect it yet :sob:

S4 Avant, Daytona Grey

Order date 11 April

Build wk 20 (14 May)

But moved into quality control today...

A4 Avant Black Edition
Order date 9th April
Still no build date
Dealer says this is normal, Audi UK confirm no build date.
Can't understand order dates later than mine are much further ahead in the build process.

Sounds like your dealer doesn’t have an allocated build slot at the factory. This does happen. Don’t think there’s much you can do I’m afraid. Your not the first and won’t be the last.

Reactions: DaveW
Normally the case and might depend upon the size of the dealership and their predicted sales figures. My build date ended up being before the date I ordered the car...

Reactions: DaveW
Mines in assembly today, hopefully in quality control from tomorrow and heading over soon

Hi there guys. I post this as I couldn’t find much information in the forums about my specific situation. Some elements of my situation are touched on in other posts and threads but there is something major going on at the factories regards the introduction and implementation of the WLTP regs for this September and resulting suspension of Exclusive Colours and Options.

My RS4 order was placed 13th Feb, I chose the Audi Exclusive Paint option which at that time was on the UK configurator. I didn’t want a custom one off colour I just wanted Ara Blue as I had driven an RS3 in it and it was absolutely stunning. My order was accepted by Audi then many weeks passed without update. I then heard from my dealer that the Exclusive paints had been suspended for an unknown reason. I was invited to consider changing my colour to one of the “standard” colours. They were not saying they would definitely not do my exclsusive colour but they could not say when the suspension may be lifted. There was no explanation as to why at all. I chose not to change my colour and wait and see what happened. By this time the exclusive colours were no longer available on the configurator either.

Time ticked by and i still had no news at all, i chased my dealer and Audi UK but no updates. On checking the French and German websites annoyingly the exclusive colours were available on their configurators and specifically Ara Blue. To try and get clarification about the indefinite delay to my order I even rang Audi Germany direct and also wrote directly to the CEO of Audi Sport who is responsible for both RS production and the Exclusive Departement. I heard nothing directly back from Germany.

A short time later I got a call from Audi UK Executive Customer Services to say good news my order had been given a provisional build date of week 24. I then started using the order tracker and indeed my order was shown and actually had provisional build week of 4th June. But my car appeared in Mythos Black! Not at all what I ordered or what I would accept. I saw my dealer who explained not to worry as they had to allocate a standard colour on the system that would then be superseded by the Exclusive Colour in due course. They did say after the delay I had experienced not to get my hopes up until it went to a confirmed status. NB I also saw this same information - about a standard colour being assigned on the order tracker -but later overridden by the Exclusive Option - somewhere else on the internet or in the Audi Sport Net forums.

My order still shows as Build is expected to start on 4th June but the car is still showing as Black. I then had a call on thursday from my dealer- to say bad news, my car is coming but it will definitely be in black! So at some point after Audi accepted my order in Ara Blue, someone somewhere has removed the Exclusive colour and selected Black.

They know I will not accept it in Black. They themselves are frustrated with Audi about the whole thing and lack of information. When my order was placed back in February I could order Ara Blue. Audi accepted my order. It’s seemingly available in europe in Ara Blue. I am not after a one off custom colour, it’s a colour that is elsewhere in the Audi range - S3, RS3, R8,Q2 - so it’s not as if it should cause any delays or problems going through a production line. I am very frustrated now with the whole thing.

I have asked for more specific clarification. My dealer has discussed this with the Regional Manager and Audi UK.

Apparently this all comes back to the new WLTP regulations coming in this September. Only cars that are WLTP assessed can be sold or even delivered after 1st Sept. It’s more time consuming and every possible combination of options on a model will have to be individually tested. I am told that the exclusive paints - and some other options (eg RS4 Carbon Model) have been suspended to remove any potential delays at the factory to clear orders through in time before the Model Year 2019 kicks in. Apparently the production lines have to undergo some sort of physical changes too for the new WLTP stuff as everything clearly must be WLTP compliant by September onwards. I asked if the RS4 has been tested yet under WLTP - interested in the difference in emissions and economy ratings, but am told no this hasn’t been done yet. This does all seem a bit last minute - Surely they should have been able to see this coming and prepare for it much better! I have read similar things about SQ5 and A5 orders.

I am told that Build week 31 (end of July) is the normal switch over to the next model year, but it is model specific and subject to variation and at present because of WLTP things are very much still up in the air. I am told that once the model year changes and WLTP issues are planned and confirmed that the Exclusive paint options may be opened up again? but no guarantee. At that point I could re order an RS4. I have already sold both my other cars in preparation for my new RS4.

I have a good and long standing relationship with my dealer, I believe that they are very frustrated with this too but I really am not sure Audi deserve my money after this lash up. I am seeing my dealer again at the end of the coming week. I will see what else is said and consider my options from there.

I wonder if anyone else has had issues or explanations similar?

Last edited:
Morning,
It is a real shame and a very long wait. I suspect the dealer should be aware of this and should bear some fault.
I originally ordered an A5 in blue and was told just before submitting my order that blue was not available anymore and had to change colours. My order was placed 9th April and building started on the 3rd May. It is currently 38 (vehicle port of exit) and from what you are saying I am hoping they are rushing existing orders to meet the WLTP requirements over the summer.

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum, despite driving Audis for the last 20 years, and a never ending mid life crisis that has lasted 6 TTs in a row! Well I am growing up now and my latest PCH deal is a new S4, courtesy of the recent Audi UK **** up with their S4 discount (thanks Audi UK!). Due to a bit of messing around with the spec on the order, I don't have an order number as yet, and was just wondering if you folks a little further down the order line for their S4 could give me a feel for what the build time is on the S4. I'm under no pressure to get a delivered, as my current lease officially runs out early November, but was just wondering.

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum, despite driving Audis for the last 20 years, and a never ending mid life crisis that has lasted 6 TTs in a row! Well I am growing up now and my latest PCH deal is a new S4, courtesy of the recent Audi UK **** up with their S4 discount (thanks Audi UK!). Due to a bit of messing around with the spec on the order, I don't have an order number as yet, and was just wondering if you folks a little further down the order line for their S4 could give me a feel for what the build time is on the S4. I'm under no pressure to get a delivered, as my current lease officially runs out early November, but was just wondering.

I'd be a bit worried about not having an order number. I ordered mine on the 6th April and the car left the factory over the weekend. So should be here first couple of weeks in June.

I'd be a bit worried about not having an order number. I ordered mine on the 6th April and the car left the factory over the weekend. So should be here first couple of weeks in June.
Thanks Paul. So in the region of 9 weeks....that’s pretty good. In truth I only completed the order at the back end of April, but I will press the dealer tomorrow.

Hi All,

Would also be a bit concerned if I was you, I also jumped on the bandwagon when Audi knocked out the stupid prices for the s4 for a few days and mines in quality control today, ordered 13th April from memory, had an order number straight away along with a build date.

I’d contact them to double check your order is still authorised as I was told as long as an order was in place then the deal stood, bare in mind I ordered a day after they stopped the offer but where I had a quote in place with them they was able to honour it.

Would also be a bit concerned if I was you, I also jumped on the bandwagon when Audi knocked out the stupid prices for the s4 for a few days and mines in quality control today, ordered 13th April from memory, had an order number straight away along with a build date.

I’d contact them to double check your order is still authorised as I was told as long as an order was in place then the deal stood, bare in mind I ordered a day after they stopped the offer but where I had a quote in place with them they was able to honour it.
Thanks. Not sure why I said back end of April to Paul, having just checked my emails, my order was added to the system on 12 April. The only difference between my order and yours was a change in spec after the initial order was added to the system (they added the wrong colour). But like you they told me the order was being honoured. Will see what they say tomorrow.

Thanks. Not sure why I said back end of April to Paul, having just checked my emails, my order was added to the system on 12 April. The only difference between my order and yours was a change in spec after the initial order was added to the system (they added the wrong colour). But like you they told me the order was being honoured. Will see what they say tomorrow.

I’m that case I’m sure you’ll have an order number but they just haven’t given you it.

What spec have you gone for?

I’m that case I’m sure you’ll have an order number but they just haven’t given you it.

What spec have you gone for?
Pretty standard spec tbh. It’s only a 2 year lease, as I tend to get itchy feet and want a change . It will be Daytona grey, black nappa, all memory seats and mirrors, and AVC. Thought about damper control, but in the end wanted to keep the price down.

Just ordered a Black edition on PCH last week. No delivery date confirmed but was told June/July.

Thoughts on whether that is likely?

Update on mine.
Reached port of exit on Saturday 12th May and today 16th May is in transit. Hoping for next week collection but that might be a bit optimistic based on the information provided by audi.

Once at the Port, vehicles can wait up to 14 days to be loaded onto a boat for the UK. If the ship arrives during the working week, vehicles take on average 24 hours to be unloaded. Your car can then wait for up to one week to be assigned to a transporter for delivery to the Audi Centre. Once the vehicle is on the transporter the timescale for delivery to the Audi Centre is three to five working days.

Reactions: FWF
Update on mine.
Reached port of exit on Saturday 12th May and today 16th May is in transit. Hoping for next week collection but that might be a bit optimistic based on the information provided by audi.

Once at the Port, vehicles can wait up to 14 days to be loaded onto a boat for the UK. If the ship arrives during the working week, vehicles take on average 24 hours to be unloaded. Your car can then wait for up to one week to be assigned to a transporter for delivery to the Audi Centre. Once the vehicle is on the transporter the timescale for delivery to the Audi Centre is three to five working days.
If the tracker shows that it's left Germany, it's probably already in the UK. The tracker isn't real time and it takes the boat less then a day to get here.

If the tracker shows that it's left Germany, it's probably already in the UK. The tracker isn't real time and it takes the boat less then a day to get here.

Hope so, mines showing left germany as of yesterday.

I should expect how long these things take as it’s the same when I sell a new car, being the customer though I can appreciate how painful it is when you just want it.

Reactions: DazNoonan
Car ordered 24 April. Expected to start build on 21 May but I've checked this morning and it's already in the panel shop. Hoping that means arrival at the dealer for collection by this time next month (or am I being too hopeful?).

Last edited:
Car ordered 24 April. Expected to start build on 21 May but I've checked this morning and it's already in the panel shop. Hoping that means arrival at the dealer for collection by this time next month (or am I being too hopeful?).
They always start going through the automated steps the week before. The first real status is when the car leaves the factory, at which point the VIN is available via the API.

Expect a wait in QA until that happens. From there you have transport time to Emden, up to 10 days in the port, a day for shipping and then however long it takes for transport to the dealer.

Mine has just gone to Status 39 today after nearly 4 weeks at 30 + 38. Hopefully well on it's way now!

Update on mine
Order placed 9th April
Build date 7th May
Building started 3rd May
In quality control 7th May
In transit 8th May
Port of exit 12th May
In transit 16th May
Arrived in the UK 17th May

Reactions: mrobbie and doncarlyon
I’m hoping to be on City of Rome Emden to Tyne on Saturday or City of Sunderland Monday...

"orderStatus":"38","orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2018-05-11T01:00:57+0100"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2018-05-14T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2018-05-12T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2018-05-11T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2018-05-10T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2018-05-05T02:00:52+0100"}]

Just rec'd my order number, its not showing on the Audi site yet... any idea how long it takes to show?

I think up to around 10 days before you see it available in the owners area

How long does it usually take from leaving Germany on the train to arrive at the port? Mines saying 4 days now on the train but I’d imagine it’s already at the port?