Spacesaver on S4 - OK on Front ?

StuBill

Supercharged Mofo
Reaction score
Website
www.stubill.com
Arrrgh - got to work this morning to find a hoofing great screw in my front offside tyre. Trying to pull it out was accompanied by a hissing sound.....******.
So, I am going to have to stick the spacesaver (10 miles at slow speed of course) on to get me home later, and sort the tyre out tomorrow. Not having the manual to hand - anyone know if the spacesaer will be OK on the front, or should I put spacesaver on rear and the rear on front for the trip home ?
Thanks all.

Bad luck @StuBill, hope it's repairable. No mention in the manual of a front / back preference but it does warn about checking the directional tread pattern, if any, and going even slower if it's put on in the wrong direction. Presumably these poxy space savers aren't directional though.

Just thought of another disadvantage of space savers. If the car is packed full of stuff and or four passengers when suffering a puncture, then guess you have to leave the expensive alloy at the roadside and hope it's still there when you go back to collect it!

Shouldn't be directional and should be fine on either end, they're designed for emerge use to get you to the nearest garage, no matter which tyre goes.

I make a point of never pulling stuff out of my tyre unless I'm at home, it's plugging the hole and a 10mile (carefully driven) trip home would be fine....never mind :)

Let's hope it's repairable or its going to be a big bill for you! Gutted mate, especially on newish tyres.

cheers @opelfruit
Bit of a pain to say the least, but should be repairable by the looks of it (centre of tyre in thick tread pattern).
If not every cloud has a (very expensive) silver lining, as I then have an excuse to ditch the SC3's tramliners :)