New S3 ordered!

At least you got the dirt off and it didn't wait till you'd dried it to start. Trying to be positive lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Lol.It all helps..:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and OliS3
Managed a quick snap before I took the wheels back off to be sealed...

Reactions: Mattyk55, Fiddie, pburv and 4 others
I went out this morning to find muddy smears all over the bonnet and grille... A cat or fox had clearly jumped up to the bonnet and slipped back off! Used a wet drying towel to gently lift the mud, and was left with a scratched black grille insert, number plate and four wavy scratches over the front corner of the bonnet. Brilliant!
HOWEVER I was very chuffed to find that these wiped off! The Carbon Collective Platinum Paint claims to have a resistance to scratches but I didn't really believe it. Until now! Happy happy days!

Reactions: TDI-line, Pook, pburv and 3 others
Went down to see Kim at QSTuning this morning, for a dyno run. Kim was keen to individually test the different modifications and see how they all interact, so he very kindly gave up his morning to tinker with my car!

First up, we ran the car completely standard. Made 310hp which is pretty strong!

Next up, I added the MTM M-Cantronic module, and over three runs we averaged just under 360hp (359-point-something).
After this we added the Forge intake pipe, and CTS turbo inlet elbow. This was perhaps the most surprising result, taking the car up to just under 370hp!

Finally, we refitted the VWR R600 intake which I personally love, however Kim is firmly of the opinion that no intake kits do anything substantial, no matter what they claim.
The end result? An identical bhp figure over all three runs, the only improvements being torque curve coming in sooner and sharper, and lower intake temps by 3C at 6000rpm. So whilst they do no harm, I had to concede that they don't do much! Still, I'm happy with the noise, better response and most importantly I'm happy with the combination I've got making 370hp!
Peak torque was 465Nm.

Quick snap at my mate's on the way back...

Reactions: Pinky1959, Audi Bairn, TDI-line and 10 others
Went down to see Kim at QSTuning this morning, for a dyno run. Kim was keen to individually test the different modifications and see how they all interact, so he very kindly gave up his morning to tinker with my car!

First up, we ran the car completely standard. Made 310hp which is pretty strong!

View attachment 94100

Next up, I added the MTM M-Cantronic module, and over three runs we averaged just under 360hp (359-point-something).
After this we added the Forge intake pipe, and CTS turbo inlet elbow. This was perhaps the most surprising result, taking the car up to just under 370hp!

Finally, we refitted the VWR R600 intake which I personally love, however Kim is firmly of the opinion that no intake kits do anything substantial, no matter what they claim.
The end result? An identical bhp figure over all three runs, the only improvements being torque curve coming in sooner and sharper, and lower intake temps by 3C at 6000rpm. So whilst they do no harm, I had to concede that they don't do much! Still, I'm happy with the noise, better response and most importantly I'm happy with the combination I've got making 370hp!
Peak torque was 465Nm.

View attachment 94101
370bhp ....:rockwoot: Well done mate...:friends:
would putting on a pedal box make it more driveable ?

Reactions: Rob2k68

View attachment 94100

Peak torque was 465Nm.

View attachment 94101

Cracking photo Batchio...car looks awesome pal..

Reactions: Rob2k68, batch and pburv
370bhp ....:rockwoot: Well done mate...:friends:
would putting on a pedal box make it more driveable ?

I'm not sure you know mate - I find it smooth as mousse anyway with the MTM, as @jungle650 will correspond. The Cantronic just feels OEM switched up to 11!

Cracking photo Batchio...car looks awesome pal..

Thanks Jassy boy! I'm going to get out to the Ashdown forest at dusk soon with my camera and get som good ones - as long as I don't bump into any doggers!

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Would a pedal box not make the car hard to feed the power in coming out a corner in the wet? An example. I love the instant power feeling but love controllability at the same time and we all know the S3 can understeer. Oh no, I've said it lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and batch
In other news, these tyres are shaping up to be pretty damn good!

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Good thread this, OP; makes some cracking reading, and your car`s a credit to you !

Keep it coming bud :sunglasses:

Reactions: batch and pburv
I'm not sure you know mate - I find it smooth as mousse anyway with the MTM, as @jungle650 will correspond. The Cantronic just feels OEM switched up to 11!

Thanks Jassy boy! I'm going to get out to the Ashdown forest at dusk soon with my camera and get som good ones - as long as I don't bump into any doggers!
Doggers? What's wrong with people walking their dogs......:whistle2:.............:sex:

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
Good thread this, OP; makes some cracking reading, and your car`s a credit to you !

Keep it coming bud :sunglasses:
Thanks mate! It all just kinda happened... Was only supposed to chuck on some springs and a remap!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Always thought your motor looked incredible @batch , now to see how well it performs... Where do you live? do you leave your keys near your letterbox over night....? :whistle2: :busted cop::busted cop::busted cop:

Reactions: batch

I can confirm the MTM is smooth as silk. I love it. Adding a pedal box changes the dynamics but also in a good way for 90% of the time (on the settings that I like anyway). There is a review. I dont tend to drive my car really hard, but in the wet/ greasy conditions I wouldnt normally turn the pedal box on (as per the manufacturers insx) and if I did it would only be to city mode, so have not experienced rear slip out etc on a bend exit.( Nor do I want to! )

Nice dyno results batch. Had a feeling the air filter would make little difference (apart from sound) good strong stock results at 310, have seen a few now above the standard number. Seems the Germans are conservative.

Ps love those wheels...

Jungle.

Always thought your motor looked incredible @batch , now to see how well it performs... Where do you live? do you leave your keys near your letterbox over night....? :whistle2: :busted cop::busted cop::busted cop:
No, I'm afraid not, tend to leave them in my GP Dog's cage! :tearsofjoy:
If you're anywhere near Surrey we can have a catch up sometime!

Reactions: pburv and Max-Robbo
I can confirm the MTM is smooth as silk. I love it. Adding a pedal box changes the dynamics but also in a good way for 90% of the time (on the settings that I like anyway). There is a review. I dont tend to drive my car really hard, but in the wet/ greasy conditions I wouldnt normally turn the pedal box on (as per the manufacturers insx) and if I did it would only be to city mode, so have not experienced rear slip out etc on a bend exit.( Nor do I want to! )

Nice dyno results batch. Had a feeling the air filter would make little difference (apart from sound) good strong stock results at 310, have seen a few now above the standard number. Seems the Germans are conservative.

Ps love those wheels...

Jungle.
Thanks @jungle650 ! I'm still undecided on a pedal box, may consider one - you need to come and visit me and show it off! Let's PM and organise that meet!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
No, I'm afraid not, tend to leave them in my GP Dog's cage! :tearsofjoy:
If you're anywhere near Surrey we can have a catch up sometime!

******, might give it a miss then ;)
I'm up in North Yorkshire mate, but I'd love to see/experience it some time.. My A3 is a company car, so the 1.6TDI leaves much to be desired...

******, might give it a miss then ;)
I'm up in North Yorkshire mate, but I'd love to see/experience it some time.. My A3 is a company car, so the 1.6TDI leaves much to be desired...
Go find a dealer with one and be a test pilot! They won't know you're in a company car!
Got to say the A3/S3 is such a lovely bit of kit though isn't it? I'd never had a really nice (or even new!) car before my last one.

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo and Rob2k68
Almost forgot about this one! Gratuitous dyno shot...

Reactions: Ben407, pburv, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Thanks @jungle650 ! I'm still undecided on a pedal box, may consider one - you need to come and visit me and show it off! Let's PM and organise that meet!

Would recommend the CTS throttle and turbo outlet pipes to improve pickup it's very strong and pretty instant wouldn't want it any quicker or it'll be like switching a light on or off with no modulation.

Not easily reversible tho I've just decided to leave all the mods on whenever it goes into Audi for anything I'm in too deep !

Would love to get mine on that dyno out of couriosity but too far away unfortunately.

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo and batch
Go find a dealer with one and be a test pilot! They won't know you're in a company car!
Got to say the A3/S3 is such a lovely bit of kit though isn't it? I'd never had a really nice (or even new!) car before my last one.

It is indeed, been through 3x 10+ year old cars before landing this. Had wanted an A3 for years and was lucky enough to find one on the list, massive step up from a 55 Clio! I'm only 21 though, so I've got plenty of time.. It's just reading things on here... I have an ever-growing list of things I will do to the next car I own - and you're one of the main culprits! ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and batch
It is indeed, been through 3x 10+ year old cars before landing this. Had wanted an A3 for years and was lucky enough to find one on the list, massive step up from a 55 Clio! I'm only 21 though, so I've got plenty of time.. It's just reading things on here... I have an ever-growing list of things I will do to the next car I own - and you're one of the main culprits! ;)
Don't blame me! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Rob2k68 and pburv
And I don't know why you're liking these posts @Rob2k68, you're the joint highest contributor! ;)

Haha LoL mine remained standard for six months then I got the itch for mods and the rest is history !! ;o)

Haha LoL mine remained standard for six months then I got the itch for mods and the rest is history !! ;o)

And the award for 'Longest Signature on ASN goes tooooo......'

RFA0743.jpg

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
And the award for 'Longest Signature on ASN goes tooooo......'

RFA0743.jpg

LoL give it another few months and it'll all be tree letter acronyms think I've only got two letters left !! ;o)

Apologies @batch... ever so slightly off topic... :whistle2:

Have you all seen S3Alex..Now there's someone who's caught the 'mod bug'..lol
And now to put it back on topic....:whistle2:
Lovely pic of the rolling road session batch...:friends:

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
Not the best photo but for some reason I quite like it! Good reflections, stance looks good... Apologies for the crap driveway, a new one is imminent!

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Rob2k68, pburv and 2 others
Not the best photo but for some reason I quite like it! Good reflections, stance looks good... Apologies for the **** driveway, a new one is imminent!

View attachment 98023
It looks like it's hugging a wall or you've activated yer cars spidey sense via VCDS lol

Reactions: Max-Robbo, leshkin, Rob2k68 and 2 others
To be honest l still have'nt a clue what Paul post was aboot l just liked it anyways.................lol

Never seen photo editing done that way before LoL !

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv