New S3 ordered!

That sounds awesome mate, I want one!!!
That is the thing! And I bet thats played on your mind a bit once you fitted it! But either way just looking at the oem part you can see how restrictive it is so theres always going to be an improvement somewhere. Thermofluids, airflow and all that etc

Cheers, I will get in touch:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just spoken to Mark mate, sorry I thought he might have had extras but I sold my one this morning! Bummer!
He can get them so give him a shout!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Your car looks amazeballs and the carbon mirrors will set it off beautifully :) Sweet car!!!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Just spoken to Mark mate, sorry I thought he might have had extras but I sold my one this morning! Bummer!
He can get them so give him a shout!

No worries at all mate !

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and batch
Apologies if this is a silly question but, how does the car measure air flow into the engine if it doesnt have a MAF?!

I could be wrong but isn't the MAF between the intercooler and the throttle body ?

Edit : I am wrong lol that's the MAP sensor.

Reactions: SJ43 and pburv
Yes that's the MAP sensor, the ecu uses this instead of a MAF

Reactions: glospete, SJ43, pburv and 2 others
That's just great, I had a Glacier A3 and I loved it, its an easy to keep colour, looks clean for ages, congratulations.

Reactions: batch
So, as most of you guys have probably seen, I got my exhaust tips back yesterday. I'd been playing around with different ideas for them for ages, including black ceramic, re-dipping chrome, and even aftermarket. I was trying out some "Akrapovič" carbon fibre tailpipe trims (same as the Golf GTi PP tails) which never got fitted, due to the sheer amount of original exhaust I'd have had to butcher...

These were still under consideration but then I started looking into hydrodipping and carbon vacuum-forming. The first site I came across was www.wickedcoatings.co.uk and their work looked amazing, so I emailed them a quote... In the mean time, I came across this in their gallery which believe it or not is hydrodipped carbon fibre film!

The quote came back and was surprisingly reasonable so off my trims went to Poole to be reborn!
Came back yesterday, dipped in premium carbon fibre film with a nice heavy coat of industrial/marine-spec ceramic lacquer. I was over the moon!

Well happy with the result! However, after one spirited drive the inner pair of tailpipes have yellowed. Actually looks pretty awesome but having spoken to Wicked, they've been amazing and will be redoing the whole set FOC until they are right.
Really like the look, even when you're too far away to spot the carbon, they have a lovely glossy black finish that ties in really well with the theme!

Reactions: AndyB-S3, OliS3, S3 Turbo and 3 others
Very nice, and very subtle too...

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and batch
So looks like it's been a busy few weeks for me and the S3 then...!

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyB-S3, Ollie2014, pburv and 5 others
Do you get them from naughts or are these new/different alloys and Rob the competition is heating up lol

It sure is mate.

Best I could muster this week was to order new number plates and new rear wheel arch liners - bit random I know but mine are now paper thin - think my jet wash is a tad too powerful !

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
It sure is mate.

Best I could muster this week was to order new number plates and new rear wheel arch liners - bit random I know but mine are now paper thin - think my jet wash is a tad too powerful !
New wheel arch liners *** mine's seem pretty solid?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68

Fronts are moulded plastic rears are like carpet for NVH insulation - mine have about had it seriously wafer thin in places I could push my finger through them if I tried.

Reactions: pburv
It sure is mate.

He's just running out of ideas for things to mod/replace obviously :D :p hahaha

Reactions: glospete, pburv, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Fronts are moulded plastic rears are like carpet for NVH insulation - mine have about had it seriously wafer thin in places I could push my finger through them if I tried.

Is that not Audi's responsibility mate?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Well, the tyres turned up this morning so as I wasn't starting work till late I decided to get them fitted to the wheels - my thinking that they'd be safer that way especially with two cats who would I'm sure love the idea of a nice squidgy box to hide in and sharpen their claws on!
Popped down to my local Hi-Q and left them the wheels and tyres for an hour. Then the fatal mistake - of course Roy asked me "Do you want us to put them on the car for you as well mate?"
I couldn't resist! Means I'll have to take them back off again to apply my Platinum wheels and Very Berry wheel wax but what the hell!
The Conti Sport Contact 6s look über sexy, really chunky tread not dissimilar to the Pilot Cups, broad sholders but with a nice curve on the edge as well, and nice sidewall design. Hearing very good things about them too, and I'll review them in due course!
Pics?!
Here you go...

I'll put some better photos up when I have the time. Also my tailpipe trims are on their way back to me so will be a busy weekend!

Reactions: Fiddie, AndyB-S3, Jassyo06 and 6 others
Well, the tyres turned up this morning so as I wasn't starting work till late I decided to get them fitted to the wheels - my thinking that they'd be safer that way especially with two cats who would I'm sure love the idea of a nice squidgy box to hide in and sharpen their claws on!
Popped down to my local Hi-Q and left them the wheels and tyres for an hour. Then the fatal mistake - of course Roy asked me "Do you want us to put them on the car for you as well mate?"
I couldn't resist! Means I'll have to take them back off again to apply my Platinum wheels and Very Berry wheel wax but what the hell!
The Conti Sport Contact 6s look über sexy, really chunky tread not dissimilar to the Pilot Cups, broad sholders but with a nice curve on the edge as well, and nice sidewall design. Hearing very good things about them too, and I'll review them in due course!
Pics?!
Here you go...

View attachment 93715 View attachment 93716

I'll put some better photos up when I have the time. Also my tailpipe trims are on their way back to me so will be a busy weekend!
I have the Sport Contact 5p fitted as standard on my wheels 235-35-19's and I think they are great..I really love the rim protection they provide.
What difference is there between the Contact 5 and 6's?
ps
''Oh batchy boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side''
What's going on with your tips?....:scared2:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I have the Sport Contact 5p fitted as standard on my wheels 235-35-19's and I think they are great..I really love the rim protection they provide.
What difference is there between the Contact 5 and 6's?
ps
''Oh batchy boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side''
What's going on with your tips?....:scared2:
They're the new CSC tyre, apparently on a par with the Pilot Super Sport for performance. They look gorgeous too, and these have a real overlap on the sidewall as rim protection. I'll see if I can find a stock pic.
And the tips are incoming! They'll be on tomorrow night...

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
They're the new CSC tyre, apparently on a par with the Pilot Super Sport for performance. They look gorgeous too, and these have a real overlap on the sidewall as rim protection. I'll see if I can find a stock pic.
And the tips are incoming! They'll be on tomorrow night...

View attachment 93719
Cheers mate..:friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and batch
Happy @pburv ??? :friends:

Now to get the new wheels off so I can apply the ceramic coat and sealant wax and tyre dressing tomorrow!

Reactions: jungle650, AndyB-S3, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Wrong thread lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and pburv
Who cares! We will let him off with those pics...lol:friends:
Fair enough just started raining here so I'll see what I can do tomorrow but looks like new undertray and the bits at the side it attaches to

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Fair enough just started raining here so I'll see what I can do tomorrow but looks like new undertray and the bits at the side it attaches to

Lol. Finished work today at 3.30 so thought I would give the car a clean..just when I started to dry it off it started raining big time...:sorrow:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Lol. Finished work today at 3.30 so thought I would give the car a clean..just when I started to dry it off it started raining big time...:sorrow:
At least you got the dirt off and it didn't wait till you'd dried it to start. Trying to be positive lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv