A3 Suspension

GrahameM

Reaction score
This is my first post, really looking forward to receiving responses. Here we go !
A3 2.0T Quattro. 55 plate, 62,000. Super car, love it to bits.
My post is relating to the suspension. As the roads are all getting worse every day I find that the car is always crashing down the ruts and potholes sending shudders through the car, and in some cases causes the car to deflect. I assume that the car is on standard shocks, and I assume that they must be a Sporting shock because the roadholding is certainly very good when pressing on a bit. Well it is a Quattro after all !
My question is can I change the shocks to give a better ride,( ie, not as much crashing and intrusion into the car, better rebound capabilities), over our rough roads whilst still retaining the roadholding that is required. Any advice will be most welcome.

Better shocks than OEM and better than OEM comfort - Koni FSD.

Better setup than the above would be Eibach or H&R springs with Bilstein B8 dampers.

Thanks for your response, please could you clarify what OEM actually is

Only just begining to look into this so I have not looked a great deal at prices. I know Konis are about £550. I only travel about 4000 miles a year so obviously I do not want to spend a fortune, but I do need an improvement in the ride quality. Please advise what option I have. Many thanks for you input.

As far as I am aware there is nothing wrong with the existing springs, so I suppose that unless I am advised I shall keep them

Sorry for not explaining what OEM was, I assumed you'd know.

@DPM is best placed to give you advice, bought my springs off Damian!

BC Racing coilovers for street and comfort... even a bit of track :D