Car washed and black badges fitted

mike60e

Reaction score
DSC05637
Washed the car for first time today and it was alot harder to clean and dry than my old Red A4, but she is worth it...lol
Removed the rear chrome Audi rings badge and side S-line badges, and have now fitted the black replacements.

DSC05630
DSC05634
View attachment 52094
DSC05639
DSC05636

Last edited:
Reactions: matty a3, AdamB8, Rich M and 1 other person
Looks great mate, black badges definitely look better! I have the rear badge in gloss black! But you have put me in the notion for the side badges in black!lol

Reactions: ruairi83
Reactions: matty a3 and Point_Audi
What an awesome colour. Wish it was available when I ordered last year

I had an A6 on loan in this colour and looks even better in the flesh

Reactions: mike60e
What an awesome colour. Wish it was available when I ordered last year

I had an A6 on loan in this colour and looks even better in the flesh

when i started to look at A4's last Oct, Audi info on the net and uk head office were abit fague about the colour being available for the Black edition even tho i got the info from the US and Germany.
It's the story of my life, when i started to look at the A3 s-line in 2005/2006, i knew about the facelift and new interior before they did and even in one Dealership (Staffs) we had a big argument about it...lol

I've been looking at some black badges but have been worried about the quality, those look spot on - are they metal?
Also, do you have a link for the black rings?
Looking awesome on blue!

Reactions: matty a3 and Pork
Thanks for the link Mike, two purchased!:) Cheers

I must say I'm not a particular fan of black badges (usually).
They really do look good on your motor though, very nice.

I must say I'm not a particular fan of black badges (usually).
They really do look good on your motor though, very nice.

Thanks mate. I don't normally go for black badges, but this time they look like they should be on the car.

Reactions: AU11 ALS
Love the new bumper on these black editions... almost RS spec :D

looking good man, are the s-line badges metal? so many plastic $h1te on ebay

Thanks Kev, the S-line badges are made of plastic but look like the oem badges. Not like some of the $h1te out there. ;)

Reactions: Point_Audi
Lovely motor, the black detailing looks great, wonder would it suit my misano red lol

I think the black badges would go well against the red Aaron, I have a set ordered for mine, as I seen them against the Monza Silver online and it looks nice! :thumbs up:

wish I could have the black rings on the back but I think it would look stupid on my black car grrrr.
anyone done other colours on a black car?

also anyone happen to know if these will fit the V6 tdi engine cover?
my rings are missing from mine :mad:

Lovely motor, the black detailing looks great, wonder would it suit my misano red lol

Thanks mate, my last one was misano red with the black pack. I was going to change the badges to black, but choose to de-badge it instead.
But they do look good on a shiney red car.

I think the black badges would go well against the red Aaron, I have a set ordered for mine, as I seen them against the Monza Silver online and it looks nice! :thumbs up:

You've got the black grille, etc so they should look good. It's only when they get fitted to cars with all the chrome bits in place when they look strange.

wish I could have the black rings on the back but I think it would look stupid on my black car grrrr.
anyone done other colours on a black car?

Have you looked at red on black, i had that on my old mk4 Golf and it looked good.

Have you looked at red on black, i had that on my old mk4 Golf and it looked good.

lol i was just searching ebay for red rings. i have a black and red bike so would match nicely when on the roof.
also thinking about painting the front splitter strip red as in the middle bit at the bottom. opinions on that?

lol i was just searching ebay for red rings. i have a black and red bike so would match nicely when on the roof.
also thinking about painting the front splitter strip red as in the middle bit at the bottom. opinions on that?

Great minds think alike...lol

Good stuff! .. Mike posted the link further up which was a good help! :thumbs up:

Reactions: matty a3
You could spray it red, but then you would need to buy a new one if you didn't like it!lol .. Be good to get a red one and match it up to see what you think or even photoshop it red to give yourself an idea!:)

The parking sesnors came on my car, they aren't genuine but do the job! :thumbs up:

As far as I remember I got the rear one of this seller before but it was a tad smaller than the rear badge on my B8.

So I ended up removing my current badge and spraying it gloss black myself! :)

20140906_114322.jpg

The one i ordered is a tad smaller but still looks ok ;)

DSC05630

Reactions: matty a3, AU11 ALS and Point_Audi