What have you done to your 8V today?

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv
Because f**k it, why not?! ;)

Bit of Savlon, you'll be reyt..

Looking good! I like the debadge, tidies up the back end for me :)

I don't know whether to get matt black audi rings for the back end??

And yes, Savlon for the win.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Max-Robbo, Rob2k68 and 1 other person

Looks good!

I quite like the back end bare, but I plan on changing my standards over to Matt black.

A member on here directed me to Raywell, who sell all the badges including S3 etc in black.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv

I kept the rings at the back, just got rid of eng./model, I felt like it needed at least something... so matt black could be a winner if you're against the chrome?

IMO, if you go black rings (or even if you don't really..) the mirror caps should go black or carbon fiber - they look out of place with everything else black!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Gazjs, pburv and 1 other person
First time as passenger.

Midsummer eve!

:sunglasses: :beermug::beermug:

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Gazjs and 1 other person
Don't think I could sit while someone drove my car!
My best mate is the only person I let drive my car. No way I'd let my girlfriend lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gazjs, pburv, S3 Turbo and 2 others
Gave it a wash after 2.5 weeks and over 2000 mile...it needed it!

Nice and clean again now :)

Clean

Reactions: pburv, S3 Turbo, Max-Robbo and 3 others
Got the folding mirrors in they mail worth silver caps. Starting the install in the next few minutes!

3586099b26e80224b2668be6e88596e1.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and pburv
Anyone know how much the silver caps are on their own? I have a Daytona on order for Sept and really like the contrast.. The mirrors are folding and auto-dimming if that makes any difference to part number etc. Is it an easy swap / install?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a few bob £££ getting chucked aboot the cars recently lol

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Anyone know how much the silver caps are on their own? I have a Daytona on order for Sept and really like the contrast.. The mirrors are folding and auto-dimming if that makes any difference to part number etc. Is it an easy swap / install?

From Audi they are scary mega bucks !! Pretty easy to install as long as you take your time with it. I have my originals boxed in the garage can't see them going back on to be honest.

Reactions: batch, pburv and Jassyo06
Did you do this yourself mate

Yip....I bought the VCDS & Cable for my TT when I was hooking up the aftermarket Rear View Camera....works a treat on the 8V ....I also enabled the oil temp to be shown on the DIS other than just the LapTimer.....looking to see what else I can do without breaking it

Also have the full software for BMW/Mini....I enabled loads of options that you need to pay for on that as well.

www.supercarsofscotland.co.uk
Twitter: @supercarsofSCOT
Instagram: supercarsofscotland_uk

Reactions: RS3 S., pburv, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
From Audi they are scary mega bucks !! Pretty easy to install as long as you take your time with it. I have my originals boxed in the garage can't see them going back on to be honest.

Just as I imagined haha... Where did you get yours from? I'm assuming you bought them..

Reactions: Dunedin
Just as I imagined haha... Where did you get yours from? I'm assuming you bought them..

My original are the chrome S3 caps which I replaced with carbon caps - might put the original ones in the classifieds at some point so keep an eye out or I could pm you some pics.

Reactions: pburv
Guys I need your help please. I've changed my front interior bulbs for led and my glove box but I cannot for the life of me get the rear one out;( I have a 3door) I can get one side out but it will not budge..

So close yet so far .. Attached is th b*stard in question..

i!Help!i

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    285.9 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: Georgeinabz and pburv
Guys I need your help please. I've changed my front interior bulbs for led and my glove box but I cannot for the life of me get the rear one out;( I have a 3door) I can get one side out but it will not budge..

So close yet so far .. Attached is th b*stard in question..

i!Help!i
Are you struggling with the bulb or the cover mate? Cover - flathead screwdriver, and for getting the bulb out - could try gently using a pair of needle nose pliers?

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
My original are the chrome S3 caps which I replaced with carbon caps - might put the original ones in the classifieds at some point so keep an eye out or I could pm you some pics.

Oh gotcha! Yeah PM some pictures over please. I'm definitely interested if you decide to part with them mate

Reactions: Rob2k68
Are you struggling with the bulb or the cover mate? Cover - flathead screwdriver, and for getting the bulb out - could try gently using a pair of needle nose pliers?
Or the Mrs Tweezers lol

Reactions: pburv, Max-Robbo, MattSedg and 1 other person
Found some wheel wax I forgot I had! So I put that on and then applied some tyre shine :)

Waxshine

Reactions: RS3 S., Max-Robbo, pburv and 3 others
Cover? There's a cover? I assumed the whole white fitting unit came out? So the grey cover comes off to expose the bulbs?

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Max-Robbo
Does on my SB but I can't imagine the fixtures are too different through the range...? The grey plastic cover comes off (8 clips round the egde) leaving the bulbs pointing straight down

Reactions: SRT, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Got a few looks from the neighbours as I went out with a watering can (no hose to rinse) and a hot MF & QD to clean the bird poo off the bonnet... After only washing it yesterday! ****** pigeons... :gun2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, zippster and pburv
Does on my SB but I can't imagine the fixtures are too different through the range...? The grey plastic cover comes off (8 clips round the egde) leaving the bulbs pointing straight down
View attachment 95355

sorted .. thanks for that! although i could only get the front ones off i managed to get my fingers in (and burn them) to change the bulbs and clip them all back..

not noticed that the bulbs in the vanity mirror lights are different :( anyone have an eBay link to the ones i need to buy for theses two?

I've done the front headliner lights , back , glove box.. can't seem to find any others to change ) i dont have the light pack..

thanks for your help..

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and Max-Robbo
sorted .. thanks for that! although i could only get the front ones off i managed to get my fingers in (and burn them) to change the bulbs and clip them all back..

not noticed that the bulbs in the vanity mirror lights are different :( anyone have an eBay link to the ones i need to buy for theses two?

I've done the front headliner lights , back , glove box.. can't seem to find any others to change ) i dont have the light pack..

thanks for your help..
No worries,

The vanity lights are 36mm festoon bulbs (https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/391436491025) - you could get a pack of two, but the rear number plate bulbs are the same, so this pack of 6 will see you through with spares. Can't go wrong for £3 (famous last words....)

Reactions: Rob2k68, zippster and pburv
Got a few looks from the neighbours as I went out with a watering can (no hose to rinse) and a hot MF & QD to clean the bird poo off the bonnet... After only washing it yesterday! ****** pigeons... :gun2:
Pigeons Meh!
The seagulls round where I work are flying Ready Mix .....This happened to our secretary's car!

Attachments

• DSC_0245 (1).JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 218
Reactions: SW14NY'S, Dunedin, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Pigeons Meh!
The seagulls round where I work are flying Ready Mix .....This happened to our secretary's car!
Phwooooaar! That's quite some coverage!!

Serves her right for buying a beetle though... :whistle2:

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68 and pburv
Phwooooaar! That's quite some coverage!!

Serves her right for buying a beetle though... :whistle2:
Lol..I'm not a fan either.....:puke2:But don't tell her....:haha:

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68 and Max-Robbo
Reactions: Rob2k68 and Max-Robbo
Had a go at wrapping the mirrors in carbon fibre vinyl..

Just about managed the one, and that's enough for tonight - good job i don't need to drive anywhere tomorrow!

From a distance, extremely happy with it.. but, and its is a very annoying but, I had to cut a piece out adjacent to the car window, as I had slightly too many wrinkles that simply wouldn't go away, due to the nature of the curve.. and I'm really not happy with that!
IMG 20160627 WA0022
DSC 4828
DSC 4827

So im debating whether to take it off completely again grrrr! Maybe I'll try the second one and see if it can be done without cutting..

Attachments

• DSC_4827.JPG
    DSC_4827.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 179
Reactions: batch, Dunedin, Jassyo06 and 6 others
Folding mirror retro fit completed over a couple of weekends. Its a fiddly job, but relatively straight forward (with some insx) if not a little time consuming.

Wing mirror caps and a cheeky litle green/black wire on/for the door card connections were my nemesis otherwise all good.

Thx to @DJAlix and @zooankski for guidance and to @HAWKEYE for an extra pair of hands for the drivers side.

Reactions: albu, Dunedin, Jassyo06 and 7 others
I managed to retrofit puddle lights and door warning lights in the front doors only.File 000 3

Reactions: albu, Dunedin, zippster and 5 others
I walked past it............

Reactions: Bristle Hound, MattSedg, FBF01 and 1 other person