What have you done to your 8V today?

49337b512d78808a91c19456889d4f2f.jpg

Finally got my seat sorted, took a while but at least it's done

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What was wrong with your seat?

Afraid not. Still on economy mode I'm afraid (although went too far with my last A3)
Manual, diesel, 184hp.
£6k discount.

First impressions are very good. Love the outside. Love the inside. Love the kit.

View attachment 94484

Just need to work out how to get my daughter into the back........
Tomorrow's problem.
Lovely looking car Craig!!

The wife is complaining on her fuel economy so i think we will be trading the amplified edt TT in for one like that but S-tronic probs....
..not even been 6 months tho . Maybe i will keep it and trade the S3 in for diesel something or other..

Anyhoo glad to still see you around. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68
I had a interim oil change done in the week, plus I had a new set of front disc's and pads done as well(which I'm bedding in for 500 odd miles!)

But yet again after saying i did not want my car valeted they did grrrrr(I forgot to put those DO NOT WASH MY CAR sign's i downloaded on here doh!). Anyway I don't know what they used inside because there was a sort of lemon smell in the car thanks to them, so i just spent a little time giving all the dash/doors/trim plastic bits a good clean with Audi's Cockpit Spray and giving all the leather bits a good going over as well with Audi's Leather Care. Thanks Audi

Wondered if it was the saggy seat issue.
Wife's car is suffering.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
The leather in the 8v seems to mark easy and doesn't wear that well. Hopefully Audi don't stick to the 6k miles / 6 months wear and tear rule if anyone else has issues

Taking the wheels off to seal!

Best way to remove the surface rust?

Where should I copper grease when putting back on?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 178
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I had a interim oil change done in the week, plus I had a new set of front disc's and pads done as well(which I'm bedding in for 500 odd miles!)

But yet again after saying i did not want my car valeted they did grrrrr(I forgot to put those DO NOT WASH MY CAR sign's i downloaded on here doh!). Anyway I don't know what they used inside because there was a sort of lemon smell in the car thanks to them, so i just spent a little time giving all the dash/doors/trim plastic bits a good clean with Audi's Cockpit Spray and giving all the leather bits a good going over as well with Audi's Leather Care. Thanks Audi
Both times mines been in I've asked them not to wash it, the first time was fine but the advisor admitted it was only the do not wash sign that stopped it being done as the guy doubled checked after being told to wash and then he saw the sign. Seems to be the only way to make sure they don't.

Sad thing is you can't even trust the place you bought your car from to wash it without damaging it

Reactions: SW14NY'S and pburv

Use a wire brush Dremel attachment if you have one or just some emery cloth.

Apply CG to the outer lip diameter that the wheel centre locates to and then inside that diameter and also around the bearing cap won't hurt. Do not apply on the main large flat face that the wheel sits against.

Reactions: pburv

As above avoid the red surface :-

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and OliS3
Go out for family lunch and at the end found a brother beside. Nice to see another one next to you.

40b591f88ab40f0efc7db1a3199824cf.jpg
ad6d013ac6571d41e27c6eea3e1e4732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dunedin, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
That's 3 of 4 wheels sealed now. 1 done a few weeks ago and 2 today. Will take them off again next time in out to grease as above.

She me pictures of the finish and then a a few beading shots when the rain came down

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound, Dunedin and 2 others
Go out for family lunch and at the end found a brother beside. Nice to see another one next to you.

40b591f88ab40f0efc7db1a3199824cf.jpg
ad6d013ac6571d41e27c6eea3e1e4732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice and sunny countryside pic. albu:friends:
Glad to see someones enjoying some sun today..It's raining cats and dogs here in North Wales....:concern:

Reactions: albu and Rob2k68
Afraid not. Still on economy mode I'm afraid (although went too far with my last A3)
Manual, diesel, 184hp.
£6k discount.

First impressions are very good. Love the outside. Love the inside. Love the kit.

View attachment 94484

Just need to work out how to get my daughter into the back........
Tomorrow's problem.

TT diesel is a good car with pretty usable performance,looks great in Daytona enjoy

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
TT diesel is a good car with pretty usable performance,looks great in Daytona enjoy

It's Nano, which is almost like a hybrid of Daytona and Nardo.
I like it!

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Rob2k68 and pburv
Nice and sunny countryside pic. albu:friends:
Glad to see someones enjoying some sun today..It's raining cats and dogs here in North Wales....:concern:

I'm from Catalonia (Spain). Here the weather is pretty cool all year.

Reactions: batch, Rob2k68 and pburv
Narrowly avoided being hit up the rear!

I managed to edge forward a few extra inches when I saw him coming...don't know if it made a difference :)

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person
Narrowly avoided being hit up the rear!

I managed to edge forward a few extra inches when I saw him coming...don't know if it made a difference :)

There must have been a horrible smell in the Corsa after that one...lol
Lucky escape mate...:friends:

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Got new tires in the mail today! Now just waiting on the rims that are back ordered.

adef40ec0793fa0f965e6e8aa559f766.jpg

443c2a8ad6a9c583ae2863773815296c.jpg

Reactions: Fiddie, Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Nothing special, but swapped out the halfords White LEDs for better (and cheaper) eBay LEDs, just interiors so far, may do sidelights but I never use them.

Stock

Halfords (lovely white circle on the cover...)

eBay, 10 for a fiver, with red cylindrical resistors (bottom row) built in to avoid errors

Difference between Halfords (2 for £8) and eBay (10 for £5) in the daylight

Now I just have to wait 6 months for it to be dark enough outside to see the benefit... :footy:

Reactions: Jassyo06, zippster, pburv and 2 others
Nothing special, but swapped out the halfords White LEDs for better (and cheaper) eBay LEDs, just interiors so far, may do sidelights but I never use them.

Stock
View attachment 94790

Halfords (lovely white circle on the cover...)
View attachment 94791

eBay, 10 for a fiver, with red cylindrical resistors (bottom row) built in to avoid errors
View attachment 94792
View attachment 94793

Difference between Halfords (2 for £8) and eBay (10 for £5) in the daylight
View attachment 94794
View attachment 94795

Now I just have to wait 6 months for it to be dark enough outside to see the benefit... :footy:
Could you put up a link for the ebay led's Max?
I'm suffering from the Halfrouds halo led's...and I ain't no saint...lol:whistle2:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and zippster
I debadged the back end and put matt black rings on the front.

Finally got round to finishing the modified air-intake as per the instructions on here and removed the blanking plate from the top row of the grill.

Then went through a box of plasters and a bottle tcp mending my shredded hands.

Then washed and waxed the car.

Then more plasters and tcb.

Then perfected the art of typing with my nose...a la this post.

Reactions: Dunedin, Jassyo06, Gazjs and 3 others

Finally got round to finishing the modified air-intake as per the instructions on here and removed the blanking plate from the top row of the grill.

Always a newbie error......It didn't happen if there are no pics....:whistle2:
Give your hands time to heal and get some pics up...:friends:

Reactions: Dunedin, SW14NY'S, Max-Robbo and 1 other person

Good work! Did exactly the same when modifying my intake, I think the neighbours' kids are still scarred from the many many expletives that day...
Some people say they can't tell the difference, but I can definitely hear the intake better, sounds that little bit beefier. And I'll take all the beef I can get on a 1.6 :sadlike:

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
Overdue wash yesterday, when I randomly decided to spray some Meg's NXT Speed Detailer on the car whilst wet before a final rinse. Have to say it seems to have worked!

Reactions: Dunedin, Jassyo06, Cymru09 and 7 others
Always a newbie error......It didn't happen if there are no pics....:whistle2:
Give your hands time to heal and get some pics up...:friends:

Pics as requested...

Image1 3
Image2
A zpse13849ef

Reactions: Daytonapig, Dunedin, Jassyo06 and 7 others