What have you done to your 8V today?

Just an FYI.

Audi paid for mine - pack of 8
It looks like it was caused from an impact so I can't really blame Audi. All the screws were tight except the front one which was missing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
One missing is enough to request replacements - it is s know issue
If I go that route surely they should replace all the undertray and what it attaches to and with?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Brought home one student daughter and three years worth of belongings

Reactions: richinsoton, Max-Robbo, Kings999 and 4 others
What's with the cookware? I thought all students only boiled the kettle for Pot noodles....lol:whistle2:

Frying pan for hangover curing bacon fry ups
Plates for the posh night in...somewhere to put the second slice of pizza
No idea what the soup bowl was for

Reactions: batch, Rob2k68 and pburv
Frying pan for hangover curing bacon fry ups
Plates for the posh night in...somewhere to put the second slice of pizza
No idea what the soup bowl was for
Lol..
The soup bowl is for emergencies for when you get the bed spins.....:puke2:

Reactions: richinsoton, Daveotto and Rob2k68
Nothing done with the car but I thought all weekend and today whilst working about doing a bit of saving up for when I'm a more acceptable age to get an s3.

Nothing done with the car but I thought all weekend and today whilst working about doing a bit of saving up for when I'm a more acceptable age to get an s3.
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: Rob2k68
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
coming up 21 pal....don't get me wrong, absolutely love mine at the moment, just this last week I've started thinking what's next already..in like 2 years at least :cower:

Reactions: batch, Rob2k68 and pburv
coming up 21 pal....don't get me wrong, absolutely love mine at the moment, just this last week I've started thinking what's next already..in like 2 years at least :cower:
21! Your only a young 'nipper'...lol
I can't remember when I was that old....sorry I mean young..lol
Have you done any quotes on the insurance sites?
My guess it's going to put a big sting on your wallet...:scared2:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MattSedg
21! Your only a young 'nipper'...lol
I can't remember when I was that old....sorry I mean young..lol
Have you done any quotes on the insurance sites?
My guess it's going to put a big sting on your wallet...:scared2:
Got a quote on a year old one, came back at around £2k+ which wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but that combined with the outright price...I will wait for some Audi approved used facelifts to come about in a few years me think

Reactions: richinsoton, Rob2k68 and pburv
Got a quote on a year old one, came back at around £2k+ which wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but that combined with the outright price...I will wait for some Audi approved used facelifts to come about in a few years me think
Lol...back in the day when I was looking at £500 plus for a Cavalier I thought the same..Puts it all in perspective....Best get saving then...:friends:

Reactions: MattSedg and Rob2k68
Lol...back in the day when I was looking at £500 plus for a Cavalier I thought the same..Puts it all in perspective....Best get saving then...:friends:
might end up changing my mind and end up getting the 185 quattro, just a weird urge I've had recently that I want an s3 eventually:blahblah1: way too early to be thinking about it :hopelessness:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
If I was to part-ex mine it wouldnt be so bad actually haha. At this point I just need to tell myself to shut up, dont be so stupid and wait a few years for a used facelift...

-seriously though, if I was older and in the position I would buy Jassys lol

If I was to part-ex mine it wouldnt be so bad actually haha. At this point I just need to tell myself to shut up, dont be so stupid and wait a few years for a used facelift...

-seriously though, if I was older and in the position I would buy Jassys lol
Nice choice..That's one pampered motor...:yes:

This arrived today...

98CD7C00-4763-4AE4-9B81-5821D28AAE19_zps6rnlipba.jpg

Thanks to @SRT for the link

I got myself one of these a while back, really don't know why something similar don't come as standard fitting. however with this version you will need to file down the underside of the coin holder to get a flush fit and increase the size of the hole if you want to connect with an MMI cable

Reactions: pburv
I got myself one of these a while back, really don't know why something similar don't come as standard fitting. however with this version you will need to file down the underside of the coin holder to get a flush fit and increase the size of the hole if you want to connect with an MMI cable

I don't use the MMI cable, so hopefully I shouldn't have to fettle it :)

Ohhh, nearly forgot.

I got rid of the dealer plates and replaced them with these...

B3831234-92E9-4CCC-A672-242767F91C15_zpsqkfrlcnw.jpg

The carbon effect letters are very subtle and you can only tell from certain angles.

Reactions: AndyB-S3, OliS3, S3 Turbo and 4 others
Ohhh, nearly forgot.

The carbon effect letters are very subtle and you can only tell from certain angles.

Looking good, I have these gel resin plates but without the carbon effect. They're fantastic and everyone always comments :)

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Happy Grumpz
Ohhh, nearly forgot.

You're right ! Had to zoom in to see the carbon - Very Nice !!

Reactions: pburv
Just back from the service centre

Rear suspension mounts to be replaced under warranty

Waiting to hear if front quarter trim will be covered by warranty

The service centre guys loved the Sepang blue air vent trims :)

Seats will be monitored over next 6 months and if creases get worse they will replace them.

MMI update applied - not sure what for.

Decided not to push a few other items I had listed

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Just back from the service centre

Rear suspension mounts to be replaced under warranty

Waiting to hear if front quarter trim will be covered by warranty

The service centre guys loved the Sepang blue air vent trims :)

Seats will be monitored over next 6 months and if creases get worse they will replace them.

MMI update applied - not sure what for.

Decided not to push a few other items I had listed
Job well done Warwick...:friends:
I had the rear top mounts replaced on my car a couple of months ago..It does make a hell of a difference to the ride quality...:yes:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and WarwickL
Job well done Warwick...:friends:
I had the rear top mounts replaced on my car a couple of months ago..It does make a hell of a difference to the ride quality...:yes:
Good to hear.

I just dread them putting their hands on the car .....

Sadly, with the trim, the door panel has to come off. I hate to think of the damage they will do.

Oh well.

Good to hear.

Sadly, with the trim, the door panel has to come off. I hate to think of the damage they will do.

Oh well.
You will just have to 'grin and bare it'....:concern:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and WarwickL
Good to hear.

Oh well.

The door trims are quite robust - mines had 3 out of 4 off now for rear speaker lights and new door latch up front and no squeak/rattle issues at all.

Reactions: pburv and WarwickL
I did an oil change and washed/waxed it last night.

Does anyone know the easiest way to clear the 'oil change due in 'x' miles' message?

Reactions: pburv and WarwickL
Spent 12 hours.. Yes, TWELVE hours washing, Iron-X, polishing, Eraser, CQUKed and then Reload... Was thinking I could get it done in 6 hours, but it was hot here yesterday and polishing and removing the CQUK/Reload took a lot longer than expected, by the time I started with CQUK, it was already like 5pm.

Wish I would of just stop there and finish it up the next day, with the garage lighting, everything seems perfect by the time I finished around 9:30, but this morning when I took the car out in the sun, it was smearing and streaking all over.. Tried putting a little Reload on a towel and buffing the smears, it seem to help a bit so I guess the smearing is from Reload and not CQUK? Will let it cure a bit more and from what I read, the smearing should be easily washed away with shampoo so will give that a try in a few days..

Had a rummage around to find a cable to splice into for some LED footwell strips... Very unsuccessful indeed!
Can someone point me in the direction of a suitable 12v wire? Ideally the lighting circuit but I'm very electronically uneducated...

Changed the front and back reading lights & glovebox light to LEDs while I was at it

Had a rummage around to find a cable to splice into for some LED footwell strips... Very unsuccessful indeed!
Can someone point me in the direction of a suitable 12v wire? Ideally the lighting circuit but I'm very electronically uneducated...

Changed the front and back reading lights & glovebox light to LEDs while I was at it
Can't help you with the 12v wire I'm afraid but I also replaced the interior lights with led one's and it does make a great difference..Wait till it gets really dark and switch them on...:yes:

Reactions: zippster, Rob2k68 and Max-Robbo