LED side lights

MarcBennett

Reaction score
Just a quick question if anybody knows, I've bought some LED side light bulbs and when I turn them on they flicker. However I don't think my car has canbus, I've tried unplugging a bulb and it doesn't tell me I've got a bulb out??

Pretty sure that the bulb out warnings will only appear if you have DIS activated / enabled on your car.... which the vast majority don't seem to have.

**Edit - that's gonna bug me now, cant remember if I had bulb out warnings pre-DIS or not lol

Last edited:
Yeah mate, I've been trying to get side lights to match my HID kit. But every side light I try (apart from the standard **** yellow ones) they all flicker/flash on and off and I don't know why! And when I unlock my car the side lights light up? beginning to give up haha

For good quality LED sidelights, most folk on here will recommend a user called t8ups - if you get in touch with him, he'll sort you out with a set which will work.

Yeah they are very annoying so much so I just cba with them and I wired up my fogs to my sides instead and just use them permanently was fed up of spending £20-30 a pop on bulbs that worked but only lasted a month or 2.

Passes MOT fine at audi too so it's all good:)

Really starting to pee me off now haha, ****** hell never heard of that done or thought of doing it haha. 10/10 for creativity haha

Swap led around from left side to
Right side as this happened
Me and they worked fine after that mate.

My led sidelights do exactly the same. Fire it up and it's fine. No issues on the DIS either. Mine has canbus, I'm sure yours will be the same?

Mine stay the same when I start it up, at I've tried unplugging a bulb to see if a light would come up on my dash but it doesn't. So It can't have canbus :/

It sounds like the bulb check system is sending a signal pulse down to test the bulb, but the resistance isn't high enough in the LED to register. Usually the better quality bulbs have resistors built in. Or you could try wiring in a standard 5w bulb in series to trick it and see if that works...

I'm sure if you google this you could find it cheaper elsewhere also make sure you get the correct fitting for the offset pins on the bulb 💡