B7 fk ak street coilovers

Paton_90

Reaction score
I've got fk coilovers on my b7 a4, they go low enough at the front but I feel they still sit to high at the back, I've taken out the rubber mounts and the adjuster but it still sits high. I've seen photos of other a4 on the same suspension and they sit lower with the adjusters in.

Does anyone have any ideas how this would be or know if any advise to get the back lower?

Reactions: daveB5
Looks nice... the back looks low already...how low do you want to go?

Maybe its the photo...take a side pic and post it so we can see.

the rear springs on my mates Passat used to sit on an adjuster type cup thing, with screw threads... He removed that and it sat about 2cm lower, but when it came to jacking the car up, the springs used to rattle about...

In my opinion if you lower the back anymore the skirts will be level but you'll have uneven arch gaps, much less a gap at the rear than the front. That'll just make it look like you've got reverse rake which I think will make it look worse, I'd leave it, looks good as it is.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
Maybe it's just me then, I'm not looking to go really low just another inch and I would be happy.

This is it before I changed the wheels but it's sitting against the crib so it looks lower.

I found this car and he said it's running fk aswell and it looks lower than mine.

Maybe it's just me then, i think it looks that way just now because of the line along the top of the door and the skirts.
I think another inch and it will be sitting fine.

Here is a picture of an a4 on 19" bentleys and fk coilovers.

From what I've learned it depends on what reference you use when wanting it level. The trouble with the A4 is I think it's impossible to have the car "level" but with equal arch gaps because of the design of the car. I much prefer to have equal arch gaps and avoid RR but this will always have the front sitting slightly lower, appreciate others like the sill to be more level tho but with unequal gaps.

Going from the pictures I'd say your cars are actually quite similar in height. May be he's had his springs or worn mounts on longer than you and they've dropped more or his got a heavy install in the boot??
A lot can be down to optical illusion too, the 1/2" difference in the wheels makes yours look higher, I also think as his wheels poke a bit more than can make it look a lot lower. I have 35mm H&R springs and my car visibly looks lower since I spaced the wheels closer to the arch and changed the profile of my tyres.

photoshop! :p hummm may just be appearing to be lower with the bigger bentley rims tucking up into the arches, that and actually photoshop, looks like might have put some filters on that pic, maybe darkened the shadow under the car giving the impression of closer?

I wouldn't worry mate, your car looks hench! want it 1" lower to the ground or over the rims? if ground then add a bit of 1" pvc all the way round (or a proper body kit ;) ) and you'll be closer.... or get into the habbit of driving with a few "larger" friends in the car with you at all times xD

I'm running 19s aswell now, I posted a reply a week ago with side on pictures of mine but it says it has to be approved by a mod before it can be posted

Here is a picture of the other a4 I found, i don't think it's been photoshopped.

This is the latest picture of my car, it looks okay in the picture but it does sit slightly higher at the back.