What have you done today?

heh nice. i sorta promised the wife the last build was the last upgrade i needed to be doing for a good while. well its been 2 years or so now :)

Reactions: <tuffty/>
Depends what gaming you do I guess... for most PVE based stuff your setup will be fine for a good couple of years yet... the 1080 (ti?) is a decent enough card for 1080p gaming... I find the RTX side of the 2080ti to be pointless in PVP/multiplayer... my FPS takes a hell of a hit if enabled in BF5 but without it enabled I can run more or less ultra settings at 140/150fps (I tend to balance it more if I am in 'try hard' mode)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: danny_dj3
Lockdown Sucks so I made Fire

WhatsApp Image 2020 04 06 at 122427 PM

WhatsApp Image 2020 04 06 at 122428 PM

WhatsApp Image 2020 04 06 at 122440 PM

Reactions: Asim1
Phew!...for a minute there, I thought you'd torched your S3 :blink: nice pizza.

Been a while since I touched the S3 but have been wanting to start on the restoration and general tidying up. Made a small start today, although it was spur of the moment as I had originally gone into the garage to cut the grass.....

Tried getting the door blades off but the screws behind the two rubber grommets felt like they were going round off very easily so left the front ones and took the rears off to see what lurked behind.

To my surprise it was relatively good. Gave it a clean behind and refitted.

6a0b3c5797d3522c4b95004147018813.jpg

eb6b273c24689abef6606ab294b70710.jpg

Need to do the other side tomorrow.

I also took the JR filter off and gave it a good clean. Just waiting for it to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Removed engine and gearbox what pain it was getting the downpipe cut
4118192B D35F 48BC 9F22 5FAA66E36869

Last edited:
Reactions: MPH
Been doing a few more chinafolds for people recently........started doing them to help others out as other than B5's aet380 package you cant seem to get a decent chinafold from anyone & what is out there isn't done to any real standard, just a quick clean up of the collector & hope it fits & flows enough
20200406 172343 resized
20200326 161727 resized

Now out of manifolds & can't decide whether to continue doing them as it's time consuming & hard work dealing with allot of time wasters who think you can get a properly ported manifold supplied for £350 lol

Been doing a few more chinafolds for people recently........started doing them to help others out as other than B5's aet380 package you cant seem to get a decent chinafold from anyone & what is out there isn't done to any real standard, just a quick clean up of the collector & hope it fits & flows enough
View attachment 200741 View attachment 200742
Now out of manifolds & can't decide whether to continue doing them as it's time consuming & hard work dealing with allot of time wasters who think you can get a properly ported manifold supplied for £350 lol

I’ve noticed Badger5 aren’t selling there K04-380 turbo package with the Chinafolds anymore. Like you say it’s extremely time consuming to get it all port matched and machined well enough.

There’s still a market for it, but it’s what people are willing to pay. Fortunately when I come to sell my K04-380 I’ll be able to sell it as a complete package with downpipe all ceramic coated. Which is help towards to G25-660 build

Decided to detail the engine bay, hasn’t actually been cleaned once since I picked the car up from Badger5 last year! Not one drop of oil in sight.

56c41944787a1250b971b33a1248f0e4.jpeg

f5a9c9589fcf2bfa2f431c5c912765d3.jpeg

Will tidy up all the cables and pipework at some point. When it goes into them next year for a G25-660 change, I’ll try get everything tucked away.

Still need to spray up my charge pipe silver too.

Reactions: hydro s3 and <tuffty/>
Restored/polished my headlights this afternoon.

77ac93aa18ca0df19057fa9d8ad271b6.jpg

df2eed48877143cfceb4e141646c17b1.jpg

ca4c9078067421664c7b335e90581681.jpg

f08ea8859bbf145b17a6e5aac3dfc078.jpg

Looks way better in person by the way.

Reactions: yoursixx, hydro s3, Asim1 and 2 others
Restored/polished my headlights this afternoon.

77ac93aa18ca0df19057fa9d8ad271b6.jpg

df2eed48877143cfceb4e141646c17b1.jpg

ca4c9078067421664c7b335e90581681.jpg

f08ea8859bbf145b17a6e5aac3dfc078.jpg

Looks way better in person by the way.

Good effort, look like new. Just be sure to re-protect the lenses with UV protection or they’ll go yellow again very quickly.

Reactions: Daniel M
Good effort, look like new. Just be sure to re-protect the lenses with UV protection or they’ll go yellow again very quickly.

Just sealed mine with resin polish over a year ago and still looking o.k but uv clearcoat is definitely recommend for long lasting good looks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got the engine from TJ [cheers mate ;) ] yesterday and set about stripping it down. Got the turbo/manifold off in one piece as i dont have the torx sockets [ordered yesterday] which was a little fiddly but i got it done. oil filter housing and various pipework off today, had to order a ribe bit to remove the head studs, so no head removal till prob weekend.
gave it a bit of a clean up and its already started to come up well. just waiting now for tools to turn up so i can crack on.

oh and i probably at some point will be needing a engine stand lol

Today I mostly scared my self sh1tless when George dropped in for lunch!!
Alien  Isolation 22 04 2020 13 03 25

I have been playing hide and seek with him for the last week too the needy little beggar!
Alien  Isolation 19 04 2020 17 45 04
Alien  Isolation 18 04 2020 17 09 56
Alien  Isolation 19 04 2020 18 11 26

When he catches up with you though he is such a happy fella :D
Alien  Isolation 18 04 2020 17 27 22

Bless...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785
Got to me one of t only games I never completed! Other than being scared sh1tless..... the save game system sucks. Get my *** handed to me and then have to start wayyyyyy back from the last checkpoint.

I’m currently exploiting Skyrim with weapons that do millionnnnnnnns of damage hehe

we used to run cs 1.6, then moved to battlefield 3 and 4, a dayz server and a couple of ark servers. was a good laugh tbh, bf3 with a good squad was awesome. done skyrim a few times and enjoyed that. i do recommend the metro series if no one has played them, very good games.
currently messing on rust and POE.

Got to me one of t only games I never completed! Other than being scared sh1tless..... the save game system sucks. Get my *** handed to me and then have to start wayyyyyy back from the last checkpoint.

I’m currently exploiting Skyrim with weapons that do millionnnnnnnns of damage hehe

Its a different kinda scary to something like resident evil etc... its more immersive and tense rather than jump scare (other than the scene from the screenshots as I swore out loud at that moment!!)

Big fan of the films (well, the first two at least) and the first time I saw George curl out of the ceiling vent I was like 'awwwwwww thaaaats soooo cooooool!!!!'.... followed by ah... where the hell am I gonna hide!!!...

Its a tense cat and mouse game fo sho and as Danny said with cans on the sound adds to that in spades... seeing him thump about while you hide in a locker is one thing... hearing him in the vents while trying to get to the next hiding place... thats super tense!! :D

we used to run cs 1.6, then moved to battlefield 3 and 4, a dayz server and a couple of ark servers. was a good laugh tbh, bf3 with a good squad was awesome. done skyrim a few times and enjoyed that. i do recommend the metro series if no one has played them, very good games.
currently messing on rust and POE.

Playing Metro Exodus on and off at the moment... enjoying that.... my staple games tend to be The Division 2 and BF1/5 but been playing a lot of Forza in single player for the memes..
ForzaS1

Forzahoon

Forzap50

<tuffty/>

Reactions: S3AMJ
i personally think exodus was the worst of em all, the whole open world side of it really seems to shortens the game. grapically beautiful tho. think i was on the kave's when i last ran alien, on steelseries atm which are not bad as a cheap end pair.

and yes, i could pretty much act aliens, seen it that many times :p

and yes, i could pretty much act aliens, seen it that many times
...on the subject of the film... this part of the game just gave me goose bumps!! (had to record it!!)

...then this happened!!...

George is getting real feisty now but I now have the flame thrower!! :D

<tuffty/>

Reactions: danny_dj3
created and tried to 3d print my own honeycomb grills (the pla samples prints fine but the ABS struggles to stick atm)

Honey

bought another audi, a late 99.5 partial facelift interior, this one has leather and a sunroof, and also a turbo, not sure what im gonna do with it yet. oh and it has a jaeger cluster which came with the standard white backlighting like the 8p S3 models

A3 1

Dirty as F&*^ but no engine mods

A3 2

A3 3

Reactions: Asim1 and s3mad_dude
I cleaned the interior today and shaved my seats to get rid of the bobbles. The JML Bobble-off tool is your friend. Others use a razor blade but I prefer the JML. I also started doing some polishing and paint correction in readiness for a potential sale this summer time :-(

I’m really happy with how the interior has turned out. A leather feed and a bit of black dye needs to go on a scrape mark on the rear bench and the new glovebox lid needs fitting.

The other side and the front still needs doing (cutting) and then a polishing/finishing compound on top. After that, I’ll put a ceramic coat on the top to completely finish it off. Can’t believe how well these Audi paints shine up after almost 18 years.

Reactions: hawesy25 and Asim1
well, had a day out tanning my belly;

torqued n stretched rod bolts to correct limits,
fitted new pickup pipe,
refitted sump,
fitted heat shields to head,
cleaned all head bolt threads [block side]
fitted head [ damn them stretch bolts :S ]

cars sat in TDC awaiting a belt kit now, still a little 50/50 bout doing it but once i have sussed how to prop engine/remove mounts i'll be sweet. still got all the pipes/top end stuff to sort out, need a new coolant flange as the seals ********.

i think i rememeber everything i took off, if not its gonna be another weekend out under it :p

only problem is gonna be the exhaust manifold to wastegate housing, the previous owner/mech had used totally the wrong bolts so now im sorta stuck with partially threaded bolts to throw back in. any pointers here would be cool :)

Today was has cost me a fortune Ordered
New dmf
New clucth and release bearing
New aux pump
New cts fuel rail and billet fpr housing and fuel hose kit
New 38mm wastegate ( the 50mm I have is not going to work with the cast manifold)
new fluidampr crank pully
Had a auto electrician out to the r32 today as the boot won’t unlock after 3 hours couldn’t find the issue but thinks it’s the ccm unit
And also booked florida for next year

Last edited:
Reactions: S3AMJ, danny_dj3 and Asim1
New dmf
New aux pump
New 38mm wastegate ( the 50mm I have is not going to work with the cast manifold)
Had a auto electrician out to the r32 today as the boot won’t unlock after 3 hours couldn’t find the issue but thinks it’s the ccm unit
Atleast you'll enjoy florida

New dmf
New aux pump

Noticed my boot is doing the same mate, anything else you noticed? Like the 3rd brake light not working correctly or the boot interior lights flickering. I think it’s the CCM playing up on mine too

Washed, decontaminated, clayed polished glazed and a sealer applied.

Planning to clean the interior today.
b8ae49518bcc9a5e012701b765d562e7.jpg

85bd4e99507b59b90b1ec486dd1e48d9.jpg

Noticed my boot is doing the same mate, anything else you noticed? Like the 3rd brake light not working correctly or the boot interior lights flickering. I think it’s the CCM playing up on mine too

I noticed when I open the boot from the latch inside the boot it doesn’t show as open on the screen either

, yeah I love it in florida was supposed to go in October but moved it with all this stuff going on

so yesterday i went out and set about removing the crank pulley in prep for the timing belt. first allen bolt cracked off pretty easy, the second didnt. it rounded right out and left me with a pulled muscle in my hip/ribs lol.
third and fourth were not interested in coming loose either and after 45 mins rolling around on the gravel i gave up.

picked up a set of rounded bolt removers this morning as the little buggers were not coming full stop, got home, whacked the things on and off the bolts came, brilliant!

just the timing belt to do now in the bigger job list. plugs, oil, filter will be prob next week.

Got the exhaust removed just to get another job out the way, I can’t believe people are paying £200 for the cats
There’s a back box for free if anyone wants it collection from Manchester

i would mate as i am not too keen on the quad i got, but im thinking about a zinram :)

will pop down for that intake later this week/early next if thats alright?

Yeah that’s fine, I think I’ll be going for the zimran aswell be warned though they are terrible with contact once you paid you won’t be able to get hold of them and it will just turned up one day from what I’ve read

yeah, i saw that post too :p

always loved the burble of a 5 cylinder, and its about as close as i can find to that.