Battery relocation parts list?

Tim_Attard

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking at sorting my engine bay out soon and top of my list is battery relocation.

i have read tuffty's thread and got a rough idea from that on how to do it but im struggling to figure out what parts i need?

also if someone could explain in simple terms the wiring from and too would be great :)

Big thread re battery relocation in the FAQs sticky dude

As for parts... I posted a picture of them all ;P

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Westy
ha well so there is, cheers

its helped but just to make sure can u confirm i just need:

3 way junction box
Auto Electrical 3 Way Power Connecting Jointing Box 300 Amp Rating Ideal Rally | eBay

Cable x 2 meters
Welding Cable Battery Live 365 Amp 50mm Red Flexible Per Meter Mig Arc Welder | eBay

Terminals x 6
6 COPPER TUBE 50mm x 8mm Lug Battery Starter Cable Welding Ring Crimp Terminal | eBay

and a battery holder for the boot?

as far as the circuit, is it?

Battery ---> starter motor ---> fuse box

2mtrs of cable??? where you putting the battery? passenger foot well? lol

Think I used 6mtrs and even then it was tight... best get yer measuring stick out dude

You will need battery terminals too.. not the crappy ones that hold the cable with screws...

I ran the cable from the battery to the starter then a cable from the starter to the junction box and attached the cable from the top fusebox there too

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tim_Attard
I think I'll take a read of that thread too. Be good to see how you get on Tim as this is something I've got planned soonish.

cool, its pricing up to be more expensive than i thought as its not really a mod that helps anything, being a daily.

my idea is to remove battery and extend the filter so its behind the light and create a custom heat shield around it so if i do it will 100% get some photos up

Reactions: Westy