Battery relocation kit?

Brad1011

Reaction score
Has anyone done this recently and can recommend a decent kit for the money ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done this a couple years ago and Tuffty did they a little while longer ago.

Have a look through both of our build threads it’s been covered in them mate.

Neither of us bought a “Kit” it was getting various bits and bobs to do it.

You could potentially get a Audi TT Quattro Sport battery relocation “kit” I’ve seen these for sale on eBay before. But honestly they are to expensive for what they actually are. I think I spent around £80 doing mine.

I’m just being lazy arnt i, I’ll have a look in abit on the web as when I search for things on Tapatalk things sometimes don’t come up when I search for key words bit of a pain really, hoping to have a bash this weekend if I get in time and also start putting the meth together ready to be mapped

From the FAQ's in the stickies...

<tuffty/>

From the FAQ's in the stickies...

Made a start on it so in a nutshell earthed in the boot positive run all the way to the starter motor and then another positive ran from the starter motor to the fuse box negative from fuse box earthed on chassis ? what were the 2way and 3way connectors for or have I got this totally wrong ? Thanks mate

Made a start on it so in a nutshell earthed in the boot positive run all the way to the starter motor and then another positive ran from the starter motor to the fuse box negative from fuse box earthed on chassis ? what were the 2way and 3way connectors for or have I got this totally wrong ? Thanks mate

you shouldn't need the 2 way terminal box as I used this to make my stereo install easier... the 3 way was so I could connect up the fuse box that sits on the battery and the alternator feed

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Brad1011
you shouldn't need the 2 way terminal box as I used this to make my stereo install easier... the 3 way was so I could connect up the fuse box that sits on the battery and the alternator feed

Got ya mate so positive from battery all the way to a 3way which leaves 2 spare fuse box and alternator, I’ve bought a 300amp mega fuse shall I use that joint in the line will it help trip If something goes wrong ? I’m the definition of an idiots guide but slowly getting there I kept reading circuit breaker ?

I never fitted a fuse or breaker as I like to live on the edge but if you are going to fit one then you should fit it as close to the battery as you can

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Brad1011 and S3AMJ