Anybody know which iPod cable I need for RNS head unit.

Dubport

Reaction score
As the title can anyone give me prices, part no.s and details.

Please do your research before posting repeat questions, that have been asked fairly often of late.

Also you need to be specific about what you want the ipod connection to do as some are basic with no interactivity & are just a dumb music interface as such & the audi system has full interactivity as such, but at a nice price aswell.

Very sorry mate but as I only joined last week I have no history of what's been asked before or frequently!

I want full connectivity and interaction with my iPod touch.

Very sorry mate but as I only joined last week I have no history of what's been asked before or frequently!.

If you spent 10 minutes using the 'search' button you would know what's been asked and how frequently.

Sometimes a google search can bring better ASN* results than using the ASN* search button alone.

*AudiSport.net

Let us know what year of car and RNS-E you've got as the latest clever interfaces (AMI) will only plug into a recent head unit. Easier to advise once we know a bit more...

So when a question is asked by someone new do other members have to give them abuse come on lads take your wife's knickers off . Now back to the question :bye: The only unit that u can have is an Audi interface ami unit not cheap you need to check your model to see if it has fibre optic connection or not RNS e head units are can line units I have a Denison gateway in mine it will bypass ur changer if uve got one and shows text in your dash

So when a question is asked by someone new do other members have to give them abuse come on lads take your wife's knickers off . Now back to the question :bye: The only unit that u can have is an Audi interface ami unit not cheap you need to check your model to see if it has fibre optic connection or not RNS e head units are can line units I have a Denison gateway in mine it will bypass ur changer if uve got one and shows text in your dash

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly my thoughts!

I only just joined up and I've never had such a direct and to the point reply to a question!

I was told this was a friendly forum!!!!!
The reason we go into forums such as this is to ask questions we don't know and they will hopefully be answered by someone who does or has experience of the task we are trying to perform!!

Back to the original question, the car is a 2010 A3 Sportback Black edition with Bose and the RNSE head unit is a 2011 model, if that helps.

Mines is a 2010 RNS e too think that's the older unit the new one is h I think I tried to price from tps Audi for Ami they wanted over a grand for it plus you would need cables too that's why I fitted a Denison unit go on there web site they got a list of different units . You will have to pop your set out to check the model number to ref with their list unless u get the prop ami but very scarce for RNS e

So when a question is asked by someone new do other members have to give them abuse come on lads take your wife's knickers off .

you need to check your model to see if it has fibre optic connection or not

Did you read the wrong thread, because I see no abuse of a member on this thread, your post seems to add a little friction where none exists, please dont do this.

I'd also like to note the word "PLEASE" used in my post to the OP, if that is construed as ABUSE, then I would say I've abused every single person I've ever met in my life lol.

He has an 8P, it doesnt use the MOST network as in fibre optic, purely wire can based :)

Exactly my thoughts!

I only just joined up and I've never had such a direct and to the point reply to a question!

I was told this was a friendly forum!!!!!
Back to the original question, the car is a 2010 A3 Sportback Black edition with Bose and the RNSE head unit is a 2011 model, if that helps.

With all respect, if that was your thoughts, then why did you apologise in the 1st instance, nobody said you'd done anything that warranted an apology, you were politely asked to do some research as the question had been asked a fair bit of late & I also asked you to expand on your request as it was rather lacking in information, of which Phil kindly asked for more of :)

Also, this is a verey friendly forum, hence why you were politely address by myself & by Wez, the problem on many forums is users dont like to do research, just post up a thread without doing any, but you havnt been abused in any shape or form, so lets not add friction please where none currently exists :)

You'd need the ami system for a start & then have it fitted/coded to work with the rns-e, that is the only true interactive ipod/iphone system available that would work with the rns-e properly.

So when a question is asked by someone new do other members have to give them abuse come on lads take your wife's knickers off .

Thanks for the fashion advice but I'm not married dude! ;)

As for abuse, re-read it, I was going for 'heads up' or 'here's a a time saving tip'.

Do your own research is probably the best advice anyone can give. That's not being unfriendly mate.