Need help identifying this cable in the head unit area?

Hobglobin

Reaction score
So if taken out the previous owners aftermarket head unit and their bodges wiring. Restored the original wiring but can’t identify this short cut cable.

I’m guess a gps cable? Need to unravel it.

Any guesses? Seems to go the instrument cluster.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89
Could be anything to be honest. Maybe an ignition live for the old headunit maybe? Further tracing required

Just a guess but… If the wire leads to the instrument cluster, it could be the original connection between the OEM headunit and the DIS on the dashboard. It’s used to display the radio station, track number of the cd etc. It becomes redundant when fitting an aftermarket headunit.

Just a guess but… If the wire leads to the instrument cluster, it could be the original connection between the OEM headunit and the DIS on the dashboard. It’s used to display the radio station, track number of the cd etc. It becomes redundant when fitting an aftermarket headunit.

it’s not a CAN wire. They’re in the main harness.

Guess it’s not that then… If it wasn’t connected to the original Audi iso connectors it’s probably not important if you’re re installing the factory unit back in.

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

I found it is a live 12V feed activated by the ignition key. It’s also a blue wire.

I’m guessing it could be an amplifier switch for the rear speakers and non Bose amp.

I have a feed with lower current for the aerial booster.

I’m installing an Android Auto head unit. Not sure I even have speakers in the back but will find out tomorrow when I pull the door cards off!

I can’t see a speaker amp anywhere to connect to in the dash. Don’t think Audi taped it up but the previous owner put in a an aftermarket head unit in with just the front speakers working.

Don’t know why there was a crimp put on unless the previous owner was powering something. Apparently no rear speakers!