ASN's Pub

What kinda training you doing dude. Iv just set my free weights back up. Need to bulk back up :(

I tried to bulk up a few years back but it's too hard for me as I have such a high metabolism. I currently weigh 13 stone 9 lbs which is 88kg, the heaviest i've been in 3 years.

I'm doing free weights, Ab Ripper X (google it) and running to get back in shape.

What are you doing Damo?

I tried to bulk up a few years back but it's too hard for me as I have such a high metabolism. I currently weigh 13 stone 9 lbs which is 88kg, the heaviest i've been in 3 years.

I'm doing free weights, Ab Ripper X (google it) and running to get back in shape.

What are you doing Damo?

What have you try'd? To bulk that is?

Pat

What have you try'd? To bulk that is?

Pat

I was putting away 4500 calories a day, had worked out my fat, carb, protein intakes and was eating like a beast. Was smashing the compound moves in the gym and was getting quite big. My problem is with maintaining it as my metabolism just burns so quick if I have a few weeks of no gym or eating properly.

I found it's much easier to maintain a toned body of around 12 stone so I'm aiming for that again.

I was putting away 4500 calories a day, had worked out my fat, carb, protein intakes and was eating like a beast. Was smashing the compound moves in the gym and was getting quite big. My problem is with maintaining it as my metabolism just burns so quick if I have a few weeks of no gym or eating properly.

I found it's much easier to maintain a toned body of around 12 stone so I'm aiming for that again.

Holly s**t man really, that's some hardcore cals right there!!

I'm clean cutting at the mo although over Xmas I've let it go but back on it now.
I've been keeping a daily log & weekly pics. Before Xmas I got my body fat down to 15%.
I'm hoping to get it under 10% for the summer but it's hard so we'll see.
Do you talk to a PT?

Pat

Holly s**t man really, that's some hardcore cals right there!!

I'm clean cutting at the mo although over Xmas I've let it go but back on it now.
I've been keeping a daily log & weekly pics. Before Xmas I got my body fat down to 15%.
I'm hoping to get it under 10% for the summer but it's hard so we'll see.
Do you talk to a PT?

Pat

That's some good work matey.

I have a mate who is a personal trainer but I got most of my info from muscletalk.co.uk it's a great site if you've never heard of it?

Might be a hex, might be a torx, might be a phillips bit. Who knows...:undwech:

Lol, I donno dude but some fkr has cast a serious dark cloud over my head.

I'm out of this place.
Time to leave this joint and head north.

Bye people. :)

You've finally seen sense and move up here to gods country ;)

What are you doing Damo?

I'll have a look at that later, before I got EBV, gym work: I used to do six day on one day off, 45min cv/circuit training or military bleep test. ( amazing for cv and stamina) 90min on the weights ( pyramids and 21's mainly burning out on every set, then combo ab workout as many poss inbetween every set to keep heart rate up 30mins one on one basketball or swim on alternate days. Used to use creatine, cybergenics to bulk and cybercut to trim down. If your after size and rip I'd recommend highly. Won't be able to go at it like I did so going to start at the usual and try work back up to it. It's going to take a while lol

im 13 weeks into my training and have gone from sub 11 stone with v lean body, to tad over 12 last time i weighed, and increased my fat.
next goal, 13 stone.
i do a heavy/light, push/pull split over 4 days, mon, tue, thurs, fri. people dont realise how important days OFF the gym are.
i do compound lifting on my heavy days. and max of 4 excersises per muscle group. heavy days are low rep high frequency. light days are high rep low frequency.
i change my routine for a week every 6-8 weeks to stop hitting a plateau and give my body something different before returning to routine. 7
i do however need to do some more high intensity cardio. in short doses it can stimulate growth.

this is pretty much my bible, contains lots of info, unbiased, and none conflicting articles and caters for all types of body types, goals etc. something hard to find on the net. so much bull**** out there:
Articles

Nice one dude, I'v saved the link. Looks like an interesting read that karlos. You still get out freeriding n Shiz ?? Used to find if I laid off the higher weights for a while to trim down I'd tighten up but loose size in the shoulder area. Great for lower ab's and ableques tho and firm buns ;)

Sup boys! Sorry I haven't been out much, just come back from a trawling session in the Atlantic so I have been a bit tied up the last month or so.

So what's new?

Fkn jardo ;) You swapped your rod for a net lol

Nice one dude, I'v saved the link. Looks like an interesting read that karlos. You still get out freeriding n Shiz ?? Used to find if I laid off the higher weights for a while to trim down I'd tighten up but loose size in the shoulder area. Great for lower ab's and ableques tho and firm buns ;)
not ridden in so long dude, makes me feel sad, i need to get up to scotland like i used to. love it up there.
riding i find works your body like no gym can doesnt it, you discover new muscles lol. i do get incredibly lean doing it tho. which isnt what i want.

not ridden in so long dude, makes me feel sad, i need to get up to scotland like i used to. love it up there.
riding i find works your body like no gym can doesnt it, you discover new muscles lol. i do get incredibly lean doing it tho. which isnt what i want.

I'll get back on my road bike as soon as it's like in the mornings again. It really does build up the muscles in your hips you never knew existed.

I'm hoping that if I keep my calorie levels high I won't loose too much weight from the cardio!

I really enjoy getting out on the road bike. I'm lucky as I can do about 24miles without cycling on a road in Exeter.
I was hoping to do an ironman this year but as it stands I mite just about make a small tri (fitness wise) lol

Maybe we should start a fitness thread??

Pat

all this fitness talk makes me feel like I should get there.
but I really can't be assed and I find it so dull doing it on my own.

my fitness level seems to improve really quickly when I was riding to work, as well as muscle mass when I luging engines and gear boxes around.
now I sit at a desk doing nothing I've just wasted away along with my motivation.
might start skipping again. I enjoy that.

morning lads.

you lot up to much today?

yesterday we did this.

IMAG0174-2.jpg

and to day we are fitting a towbar.

hope all have fun.
I'm off out.

Morning Scott been up since just after 5.30am, my two boys have a thing with getting up at silly'O'clock!!

Get on so it's a busy day for you today then, I mite wash the cars today.

Been looking at the info on ult dub's in March, hoping to get to more shows this year!
Apart from AITP what are people going to??

Pat

Dude don't!! You'll start me off lol iv been without a ride for two years almost :( Was hoping to pick up another v10 or maybe something Ican use for the up's as well as the downs this year but the way the misses is pulling in the purse strings I doubt that's going to happen. You ever get over to Delameire Forrest @ frodgem?? some nice road gaps in there if you know where to look.
FR and DH is awesome for toning and strength training but yeah any kind of riding is deffo good for lower ab's down.

I'll get back on my road bike as soon as it's like in the mornings again.
That Takes some motivation on dark wet morning dude, It's cold, dark & wet "do I take the rd bike or the cosy S3" ermm.. vroom vroooooom ;)

I was hoping to do an ironman this year but as it stands I mite just about make a small tri (fitness wise) lol

Maybe we should start a fitness thread??

Pat
Jesus You must be in **** hot condition man if your planning an IM. A thread would be a great idea get on it ;)

hey all just pooping in to say hello :) hope you all ok <3
hairdressers back :faint: how things bro??

Morning all.
I'm preparing myself for a 4 mile run with the gf! then we've got a day of relaxing.
it's the relaxing Afterward that burns more cal's ;) especially this week.. You know what I mean ;)

Scott what you up to then apart from making a mess of your interior??

I'm not MR Olympia dude lol not yet anyway haha ;)

Yes you have to be fit to compete in a Tri & or an Ironman but in all fairness if you can swim, cycle & run you can do it. It's get fun like I said I've stacked it on over Xmas/new year so I'm bang on it at the mo!
On the turbo trainer ever day for 40mins HIIT which is a very good way of burning fat!

Pat

Turbo trainer ?? sounds fun.
Vaseline, cling film and a sweat top. the fat will disappear!! :thumbsup:
Can get Megga addictive tho eh, I used to get in a right strop if I missed training. Now I'm the opposite lol, I look at my bench and say, "Sod it I'll start tomorrow.. Need to get some motivation going and get on it :weight_lift2:

You started that thread yet haha

My motivation is stopped by booze. I've not had a drink since new years eve. I know it's only been a week but I would normally have the odd beer on a Friday or Saturday and I feel great for not having any at all.

Just rid a 4 mile run and I feel even better now and I know it'll spur me on over the coming week.

booze deffo makes you lethargic, I have two crates of bud left. Soon as they gone I'm jumping on the waggon too. Love that feeling when you'v just pushed yrself and Yr heart in pumping and lungs opened up. So what's the plan now?? Naked Sunday and a DVD ;)

Nice, good luck with the house hunting. Some good bargains around at the mo. It's a buyers Market dude so whack cheeky offers in ;) Then you can kiss goodbye to the mod's lol

Evening one and all.
How are things?

I'm fkned.

Spent all weekend stripping out the interior of a Touareg, Fitting a tow bar and electrics, fitting new switches and putting it back together again.
Great fun though.

What was leaking Scott?

We think its the pollen filter drain tube.

As much as I like looking under trims and investigating issues, it really ****** me off cause you see how other people have treated the car.
Twisted cables, sloppy tape, snapped clips and other horrors.
It looks like someone went round the car and took every panel for the soul reason of snapping or losing every clip.

Bit of a back log on GIFs.
Hope you're ready.

Dave, I'll try and not post up any that makes you sick. :)

Cats are stupid.

Cat-vs-teddy-bear.gif

Cat-attacks-mirror.gif

Fake crash.
Car-accident-hits-motorcycle.gif

Erm......what?
Invisible-water.gif

***** failed!!
Booty-shaking-dance-fail.gif

Dave don't look!!
Parkour-tree-nutshot.gif

:ninja:
Entrance-flips-like-a-boss.gif

HAHAHAHAH
Crotch-fire-stomp.gif

Failed
Football-Skycam-fail.gif

Dave's going to throw over #6, can't beat a good parkour fail ;)

Morning Surfers.

How is everyone today?

I think I'm dieing (possible a bit melodramatic), my legs, knees, feet, toes, hands, wrists, fingers and palms all hurt, ache, tight and generally like crap.
It be ok, I'll be fine after a good nights sleep and some good food in me.

Any one up to much today?

I'm just waiting for the cattle to start work and then deal with the issues they have inflict on to themselves.

I can't wait to get home and take a look at the goodies in this box.
IMAG0182.jpg

Na dave, it's grandma & grandad's fap fap fap fap fap :lmfao:

I'm dead. Little one been up all night, got some silly looking rash all over his body. Really can't be ***** today just wanna sleep. Oh well best get dressed :(