Angel Eye Headlamps

a3t-ian

Reaction score
Due to my original lamps looking a bit tired (1999 A3 T Sport), i've been looking at the Angel Eye units on Ebay - has anyone any experience with these? Any good aftermarket or poor fitting rubbish???

i had them on my old a3. well made, lit the road amazingly well, easy to fit. no excuses...

i'm going to get some for mine when the cash allows

to install these angel eye headlights do you have to remove the bumper?

no. but quicker to fit if you do! i tried not to and did in the end. only bit which is a pain is the actual angel eye bit is just wires and is not plug and plug like the rest. so you will need to splice into the sidelights.

so do lexus lights, go and tell that to mazda!!

i got black angel eyes for xmas from the mrs and they are 100X better than the crappy standard lights, they look miles better aswell

i got black angel eyes for xmas from the mrs and they are 100X better than the crappy standard lights, they look miles better aswell

i was going to get angle lights, didn't you you have to cut the standard blocks off :(

Plug and play
Also they make one piece lights to fit pre facelift so no trimming needed.

Cheers guys, i'm off to buy a pair. Probably get the chrome ones as my car is the dark metallic blue, i think the chrome agaist the dark colour will look good, however, i've just seen the LED type, but resist as they seem a bit too Bling.

yeah, no worries. for me, they made a huge difference to the front of the car looks wise. the improvement in lighting was second to non. like i said earlier, when cash allows i am gettiin some for my new a3. best £130 odd i've spend. some say chavy, i say my car car and i like them

P250810_20070003.jpg

edit: few beers and i can't spell :)

and heres my pre facelift for comparison

CBnRB9g2kKGrHqQOKnUEz1dgbgg7BNIbrd80Q_12.jpg

Last edited:
no, standard cheap and cheerful pre facelift. I think they are made specially so no mods are needed